Chat bugs

• sometimes i can’t type anything in chat until next map. sometimes pressing the apostrophe/single quotation mark ’ or double quotation mark " opens the console (quite annoying). i once noticed i cannot type a capital N for some reason, although normally it works.

• When round ends you have to be VERY careful when typing something out. Because servers are set to automatically pop the final scoreboard up after a certain time. If you are typing during that time, then the scoreboard will simply go over the top of everything except you will remain within your chat mode.

What I find is best to do is if I get locked into the scoreboard while typing, I hold down Backspace until I know I’ve deleted everything I had typed, I then hit enter so it takes me out of chat, I can then get rid of the scoreboard when I hit tab again and I am back to my normal screen where I can see myself typing.

Unless I’m completely wrong and you are talking about something completely different of course. :D

• Sometimes typing just stops for me. Which is annoying. I would open up the chat of and no letter appear and pushing enter sends nothing.

I also found a hacker that locked up most people’s chat boxes as soon as that person type something. Had to leave and Re-enter. Got everyone to agree on a votekick eventually.

• @DokB:

When round ends you have to be VERY careful when typing something out. Because servers are set to automatically pop the final scoreboard up after a certain time. If you are typing during that time, then the scoreboard will simply go over the top of everything except you will remain within your chat mode.

What I find is best to do is if I get locked into the scoreboard while typing, I hold down Backspace until I know I’ve deleted everything I had typed, I then hit enter so it takes me out of chat, I can then get rid of the scoreboard when I hit tab again and I am back to my normal screen where I can see myself typing.

Unless I’m completely wrong and you are talking about something completely different of course. :D

i’ve noticed that too. but that’s not what i was talking about. what i meant is what lemonater just described very well. the chatbox would just sit there, and [enter] would close it, but no letters appear when i type.

• @DokB:

Just hit ESC until the game menu comes up. Then hit ESC again to close game menu and TAB to close scoreboard.