Flail status?

• I haven´t touched this thing since it came out :D . Have they become viable weapons? Have you seen anyone doing magic with it? Or is it still trash?

• They buffed the speed a bit, but to me still predicable; though harder to block. I haven’t seen “magic” done with it though.

• @funthomass:

I haven´t touched this thing since it came out :D . Have they become viable weapons? Have you seen anyone doing magic with it? Or is it still trash?

The flail requires the buckler, the buckler is an unreliable shield at best, and broken at worst. That and it doesn’t conform to the current standards of chivalry, two handed weapons with decent reach and a powerful stab. So long as shields are weak (especially the buckler), the flail will be weak. If they ever change the buckler so that maybe you could counter attack off of it, or other great suggestions that others have made before, the flail might become worth something.

• Flail still sucks, mostly because of the buckler and you get mini-flinched if someone parries you. It combos deadly fast, especially with its overhead, but isn’t enough to even pub very often with.

• I must disagree. I still use it sometimes (the heavy flail, the standard one isn’t worth a crap IMHO) and I can clean up servers when I’m “in the zone”. The overhead seems to naturally gravitate towards the opponent’s head. In a world of mauls, maces, and bearded axes, it’s a very unexpected weapon. People tend to underestimate you when they see you using it.

Hell, if I wasn’t trying to master the langschwert, it would be my go-to weapon. It is pretty fun, but the buckler is a bit goofy.

EDIT: It doesn’t seem to be a good “wave-breaking” weapon for charging ahead of your team, but it’s great for tangling 1 on 1 or cleaning up stragglers.

• Buckler is very usable after the FOV fix on it. The quick recovery time makes the F attack on it quite good. Seriously, your block is shit guys.

• I’ve dueled a guy named jugs a bunch the past couple of weeks who may actually be doing sorcery with the flail.