Water jars….

• Pretty self-explanatory.
    You use it on ignited teammates or on the ground to put out fires.

I know, I know, you can’t put out burning oil with water, but it’s still a game isn’t it? :P

Or make it a blanket you can throw over burning teammates/burning ground to squelch the fire. ^^

• Or balance out oilpots to be less infuriating :D

• I’m voting for both ideas ;P

• IMO: increase the damage per second of fire, increase the radius covered, but drastically reduce the duration you remain on fire. That way just touching a patch of fire won’t take off 40% of your health with nothing you can do to counter it, but it will still be a very effective area denial and turtle breaker.

So for example, every tick of fire does 10% damage, but you’re only ignited for 2 seconds, thus 20% health loss unless you stand in the fire. Basically a halfway point between AoC, where you only took small ticks of damage if you stood in fire, and Chivalry, where you’re ignited for full duration just by touching it.

• Sounds good…

• I like that idea. Keep it as an area denial weapon.

• oil pots are pain in the ass. :) really anoying.

• water jars for the map with the wheat farms. I was quite disappointed when i realised the fire just stopped burning by itself.

• eventually fires do burn themselves out, the only problem with keeping them going through the whole map is that they cause a ton of lag.

• what about a sand jar?

it would take more skill to drop it directly on the fire, or teammate.

u could also blind enemys XD wich would be a typical mason move……

or snuff ur brothers if they have “burning ambitions”. And for the realism freaks (like me) it would even make more sense at least for snuffing fire on the ground

• Unless smokepots get revamped, I say replace 'em with water or sand pots…

Also (a slight variation of Sly’s idea), firepots should only ignite a player if they get splashed by the pot when it explodes, not if they just walk through the fire… To counter this though, the rate and damage of fire should be increased, so firepots can still be used as an area denial weapon, or for softening up a cluster of enemies.

• @Reddo:

Pretty self-explanatory.
    You use it on ignited teammates or on the ground to put out fires.

I know, I know, you can’t put out burning oil with water, but it’s still a game isn’t it? :P

Or make it a blanket you can throw over burning teammates/burning ground to squelch the fire. ^^

My gf daughter keeps running into the water to put out the fire.

• @gregcau:

My gf daughter keeps running into the water to put out the fire.

And the necro award goes to…

• If you are covered in burning oil jumping in water does jack shit. The oil is still at a very high temperature and still burns there’s just no flames. Doesn’t stop it from reigning hating when you come out again.