Remove Collision Bubble from backside…

• So the bubble solves a lot of the facehug issue because people can’t facehug, but that shouldn’t be applied to the rear of an opponent. Many times you are chasing someone from behind… my thought is if you’re behind someone you should be able to get close and hit them. Too often does your weapon just get out of range if they simply take 1 step forward, you miss because you somehow get stuck on their bubble and can’t continue to chase them effectively. The bubble on the backside needs to be removed somehow IMO.

Also, I feel like a lot of the range issues are caused by the bubble. For instance if they were to swing for some reason, do their outstretched arms also count as the bubble therefore extending the bubble size? Also, i feel like some weapons are hitting the bubble’s space, but counting that as part of the player model. The bubble also makes fists kind of sketchy… you should be able to close the distance it seems for a lot of hits, but the bubble seems to keep you out of range a bit.

Something weird is going on in the game as far as the bubble goes… I think it could use some looking into.

• Arse-hugging is allowed.

The “bubble” should be a cone. That comes from the front.

• Bubble is really cool on paper, just needs a LOT of polish.

Main thing I like about is how easier it is to parry multiple opponents.

• I’ve noticed this as well, I’m willing to bet it has more to do with latency than the bubble, but since latency exists, i vote we take out the bubble butts

• I’ve had no trouble with the bubble. Zero. I can get killed by small weapons all the time, including from behind. I personally don’t understand the problems some people are having in this regard. HOWEVER!!! :P

If it is possible to remove the bubble from the backside of player models that should be implemented as there is no way to “facehug” a person from behind.

• The bubble makes fist fighting really awkward and it can end up with two guys missing each other completely. Daggers got made bigger becuase of the bubble. The only way to use a dagger was to face hug. And their animations in the first place weren’t that long range.

It makes several weapons annoying to use. And quite often you can get stuck on people’s bubbles.

• I’ve had a lot of ‘missed’ attacks from behind. Seriously, you can just about defend by turning your back on an opponent.

• Add bubble to the list of really stupid and failed ideas for solving a tactic with a game mechanic. face hugging is not a problem if you keep your distance and a valid tactic. But instead, let’s change the game mechanic so that it increases the lack of hit registration….

• I could deal with facehugging before patch. The tutorial told me to look at the tip of the weapon.

That’s what I did.

Facehugging puts the weapon outside of your screen. Use your mouse to look around and block.

If they reduced the radius a bit and made it a sort of cone shape would be a big improvement of what they have now.

• I TRIED TO WARN PEOPLE.

NOBODY LISTENED!

• Should just remove it completely. It’s unnecessary and dumbs down combat, but that won’t happen because TBS has to cater to the new players holla holla get dolla.

• @NoVaLombardia:

I TRIED TO WARN PEOPLE.

NOBODY LISTENED!

As did I. When that one guy suggested it.

Where is that thread.

The OP is going to have an accident.

• @lemonater47:

Arse-hugging is allowed.

The “bubble” should be a cone. That comes from the front.

Wouldn’t a cone create a new kind of issue? For example, if you’re standing behind someone, as close as you can be, the cone will be larger in the front than it is in the back. So what happens when the player tries to turn around? Will the cone collision box get stuck on the collision box of the player behind you because you both have a cone? Or will the collision boxes phase through each other? But if they did that, then the face hug cone would technically be broken.
    Or would it push the player away from the other, because technically at their back they are closer to you than the front of the cone would allow?

• Going from live to promod and back really makes me resent the bubble. It’s really not even necessary.

• Well I think the bubble is necessary. It actually gives people a chance to be able to read the attack animations when they’re getting facehugged. It’s not realistic or good for gameplay to be able to swing and kill someone when you’re in kissing distance of them.

• @lemonater47:

@NoVaLombardia:

I TRIED TO WARN PEOPLE.

NOBODY LISTENED!

As did I. When that one guy suggested it.

Where is that thread.

The OP is going to have an accident.

That was my thread talking about how it was going to cause a problem while chasing people. It doesn’t exist anymore because it was in the old beta forum. It would seem they just delete the threads after the beta goes live.

• Yep. Collision bubble makes it very annoying and counter intuitive to land hits when chasing, as well as when using certain shorter weapons and especailly fists. I played tavern for the first time in a week or so earlier today and it was hilarious. Hardly anyone could even land half of their swings! It was like each person had an invisible hand on the other person’s forehead keeping them at bay the whole time. :D

Perhaps the bubble could be toned down 30% or 40%?

I agree that it is a very good idea by the devs to prevent facehugging with extreme angles, but it should be adjusted a bit…

• @wyrda78:

Well I think the bubble is necessary. It actually gives people a chance to be able to read the attack animations when they’re getting facehugged. It’s not realistic or good for gameplay to be able to swing and kill someone when you’re in kissing distance of them.

WRONG!
    Experience gives players a chance to react before they get face hugged. Besides I can face hug someone in real life and stab them in the back while facing them. It is called a reach around. Maybe the devs could at least do that when they fuck veteran players. Again, it is beyond stupid to combat a tactic by changing a game mechanic. Why even play and get experience and skill if they are going to make those skills and experience worthless?

• @wyrda78:

Well I think the bubble is necessary. It actually gives people a chance to be able to read the attack animations when they’re getting facehugged. It’s not realistic or good for gameplay to be able to swing and kill someone when you’re in kissing distance of them.

all that was needed was to fix alt swings…. that’s it. Even in live you can get very fast hits off. The big culprit was fast alt swings.

• @clayton-bigsby:

@wyrda78:

all that was needed was to fix alt swings…. that’s it. Even in live you can get very fast hits off. The big culprit was fast alt swings.

Yes. And alt swings were harder to block anyway. You actually had to react to them.