What has TBS been doing since the patch?

• I’m sure that almost every agrees that the most recent patch is… not as balanced as it could be.
    When I saw that there had been a hotfix on the 4th, I was extremely happy. Until I read the patch notes that is. It was only bug fixes, despite many, MANY people complaining about balance issues. On the 5th, I saw that there was a new beta. It looked pretty awesome, but…no balance changes.

It’s been 2 weeks, and I haven’t heard anything at all from Torn Banner, despite reading the forums many times a day. I find it very difficult to enjoy the game at the current time, despite trying very hard to adapt. It would be nice if TBS would say something like ‘We feel X, Y are overpowered and will be nerfed, while Z will be buffed.’ But at this point I would even settle for ‘Game is fine, learn2play nub’. Anything would be better than nothing.

• @SlyGoat:

I spent all my money on coconut rum, pineapple juice, and steam games.

• @Mechapope:

I’m sure that almost every agrees that the most recent patch is… not as balanced as it could be.
    When I saw that there had been a hotfix on the 4th, I was extremely happy. Until I read the patch notes that is. It was only bug fixes, despite many, MANY people complaining about balance issues. On the 5th, I saw that there was a new beta. It looked pretty awesome, but…no balance changes.

It’s been 2 weeks, and I haven’t heard anything at all from Torn Banner, despite reading the forums many times a day. I find it very difficult to enjoy the game at the current time, despite trying very hard to adapt. It would be nice if TBS would say something like ‘We feel X, Y are overpowered and will be nerfed, while Z will be buffed.’ But at this point I would even settle for ‘Game is fine, learn2play nub’. Anything would be better than nothing.

You deserve nothing more than what satisfies the masses, even despite your investment.

• @BillDoor:

@SlyGoat:

I saved a little bit up for the summer sale.

• @BillDoor:

@SlyGoat:

Just had that for the first time yesterday. Holy heaven.

• This is tiring to see TBS guys writing messages with ironic/condescending tone but not answering to the main questions at all. I thought novices would have more consideration. I was wrong.

• @Junanagou:

This is tiring to see TBS guys writing messages with ironic/condescending tone but not answering to the main questions at all. I thought novices would have more consideration. I was wrong.

Not all people with red names are developers.

• SlyGoat, for instance, is the janitor.

• Pssst. They do weekly updates every Friday in the official news section.

Don’t tell anyone.

Link:
    viewforum.php?f=2

• As of right now, customization with microtransactions.

Because that’s totally what the game needs right now.

• @quigleyer:

Pssst. They do weekly updates every Friday in the official news section.

Don’t tell anyone.

Link:
    viewforum.php?f=2

I know, I read it. It mentions absolutely nothing about balance.

• @venomblade:

@BillDoor:

@SlyGoat:

Just had that for the first time yesterday. Holy heaven.

I know right? Almost as good as Bushmills Irish Honey and ginger ale.

@Junanagou:

This is tiring to see TBS guys writing messages with ironic/condescending tone but not answering to the main questions at all. I thought novices would have more consideration. I was wrong.

As others have pointed out, we’ve been updating people on what we’re doing weekly. So, there’s no need to answer this thread. I also think you’re reading way too much into the nonexistent “tone” of my text. I was a member of this community before I was a developer, and I’ve always posted very casually ;)

@adamcel6:

@Junanagou:

Not all people with red names are developers.

We are, actually.

@dudeface:

SlyGoat, for instance, is the janitor.

Nah, I just do that for fun.

@Mechapope:

@quigleyer:

Pssst. They do weekly updates every Friday in the official news section.

Don’t tell anyone.

Link:
    viewforum.php?f=2

I know, I read it. It mentions absolutely nothing about balance.

I think the balance is pretty good right now. There are a few outliers like the knockback on some long reach Vanguard weapons and the speed of spear slashes, but there are a lot more viable options this patch than the patch before. There’s nothing critical enough that it can’t wait for the next patch, like archer projectile speeds were.

• So the cancel-to-lost-arrow bug and the crossbow-flinch-reload bugs aren’t important? :x

I’m just going to pretend that this was never said:

! @SlyGoat:
    !
    !
    ! > there are a lot more viable options this patch than the patch before
    !
    !

• I never consider things that only screw over archers important ;)

I’m kidding. Mostly.

• @SlyGoat:

I think the balance is pretty good right now.

HAHAHAHAaaaHAhaaa snort HAHAhaaaa

Oooh that’s a good one.

Tell us another!

• Examples of what you think are over/under powered?

• @SlyGoat:

There’s nothing critical enough that it can’t wait for the next patch, like archer projectile speeds were.

IDK about you, but brandistock is definitely something that needs to be fixed quick. Way too fast on the swing and quick-stab for how much damage and range it has, coupled with the knockback.

• I’d like to see the claymore “fixed” (i.e., the surgical removal of its heavy, two-lobed pommel that permits it to be swung at the speed of light) and maybe the bearded ax overhead is a bit fast, but most of all…

I want the bastard swords to be viable option. Currently, with a few exceptions, the Grosse Messer seems to be the only bastard sword that is good for anything but dueling.

I love the langschwert, I love the Sword of War, and I love the Grosse Messer, but as it stands, they’re a bit underpowered, IMHO.

It might just be me, and please note if it is, but since the patch I feel like I’m getting clobbered by 10 inches of invisible weapon.

All of this was written
    IMHO.

EDIT: I’m not really griping, I know that TB is working hard on this game. This is just what I’d like to see. Mainly the claymore speed getting nerfed a bit.

• @SlyGoat:

Examples of what you think are over/under powered?

Rather than me repeating the same things everyone else has been saying ad nauseum, why don’t you go read the balance section? It gives a pretty god indication of what is currently wrong balance-wise.