New beta map - your opinions

• There’s a new beta map, called Ship_Battle or something. Let’s see some screens:

Almost like boarding…

Who’s sailing this ship?

The footbridge: isn’t it too narrow?

I feel sorry for him, really…

The map’ s idea is simple: one ship with Agathians comes to the second one, with Masons.
    It’s unfinished yet, but it has a lot of potential to become epic.

What do you think about it?

• I remember a pretty fun PVKII map kind of like this.

• Put more ships… Spaced out further… Add lots of ballistas and catapults on the ships… And lets have some fun!!!

• @King:

I remember a pretty fun PVKII map kind of like this.

Man, good old PVK2. I suck balls at it hard because every time I try to swing at someone I accelerate the shit out of my swing and miss everything because there is no mouse slowdown for swing acceleration in pvk2 ;) Goddamn Chivalry habits.

• Wow, I’m super excited about this. This would be a fantastic TO concept… no attacking/defense, just two teams “attacking” each other trying to sink each others’ ships. Or, this could be the king vs king map. ._.

• Two tiny boats alone would be really cramped. What I’d like to see is two large flagship boats connected to each other by little boats in the middle. This would make for the best ctf map in the game.

• @ChuckingIt:

Put more ships… Spaced out further… Add lots of ballistas and catapults on the ships… And lets have some fun!!!

@DerFürst:

Two tiny boats alone would be really cramped. What I’d like to see is two large flagship boats connected to each other by little boats in the middle. This would make for the best ctf map in the game.

@SOC:

this could be the king vs king map

^ Great ideas. +3, one for each of you.

For the commander vs. commander game type, The catapult would do wonders in preventing camping at the spawn ship. People would learn exactly how many clicks to hit there, and then just fill the feed.

My ideas:

Teams should have Flag ships. Just import the Hillside ships, Should be easy, and will provide a protected spawn area for each team. In between, there should be boats, like the ones you have above, but much more of them, maybe about ten. Planks between the boats.

Boats should look like this.(Though you’re already almost there.)

Just use the same sails from the Hillside boats. (the boats at the beginning Agatha spawn.) For the shields, customize 2-3 different kinds of bucklers for each team and place them on the sides of the normal boats, in a pattern.

Make sure there is plenty of cover from those annoying archers, who will be shooting out of the cannon holes of the flag ships.

The catapults should go on the flagships, ballistae on elevated positions on the boats.

• SO down with this!

Yes to bigger boats - big enough to support inaccessible spawn areas so people can jump back into the battle without complaining, and to have some cover, possibly even an indoor area, like a hold, to house the flag.

• That single plank is gonna be so crowded! You’ve ever had the two teams duking it out on the log at the end of Dark Forest? Well, if THAT is carnage, then what will this be?

We need two bigger ships and more planks! :) And then all around us, there’s a lot of other ships having scripted battles, with screaming and fire and smoke everywhere. You know, for that extra epicness.

I’ll leave you with this:

[image:xjdf4cdh]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bf/BattleofSluys.jpeg[/image:xjdf4cdh]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Sluys

Or if you want it more viking:

[image:xjdf4cdh]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d0/Peter-nicolai-arbo-svolder.jpg[/image:xjdf4cdh]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Svolder

Edit:
    Just came to realise - a climbing animation would be really good to have in Chivalry right now, since you need to climb ladders and nets and all sorts of things on a ship.

• some nights I actually dreamed of a sea-battle TO map for Chivalry. And with seabattle I don’t mean the kind of seabattle on hillside: Use ballistas on land to shoot enemy ships. It’s a nice objective. But I’d love to be on one of the ships and use onboardballistas to shoot the enemy ships (yep. not 1 ship vs 1 make armarda vs armarda, pls :) ).

• i will use nothing but firepots and my saber.

• Judging by the tiny size of those ships it seems to be a duel map only.