Steam Summer Sale 2013: What You Got?

• What did you snatched up from the Steam Summer Sale of 2013.

Myself so far?

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Legendary Edition

^ Just caught this one while it was still on for 40% off…. I had about 6 minutes before that deal was over… it’s now only 25% off.

Includes Skyrim of course, plus Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn.

I played this game a few times when it first came out through my friend’s account and figured I’d grab this while it was a good deal. With all the additional stuff you can add and modify to the game through the Nexus, it’s certainly going to suck up some of my play time.

• Nothing yet, though I was eyeing borderlands DLC. I haven’t played it that much though, so I’m not picking it up the first time around (big titles like that always go on sale more than once during these things). I avoid impulse buys as much as I can otherwise I spend all my money :P

• I got Bioshock Infinite for $10 since I had a $20 steam wallet thing lying around. WOOT WOOT.
    I also picked up Bastion and Hotline Miami because why not. xD

• Just got Dark Souls P2D edition.(Finally). 75% off! Man does steam sales help me lighten my wallet.

• @b3h47pte:

I got Bioshock Infinite for $10 since I had a $20 steam wallet thing lying around. WOOT WOOT.
    I also picked up Bastion and Hotline Miami because why not. xD

Hotline Miami is da bomb! A sequel is coming, too!

• Praise Gaben.
    so far:

Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition
    System Shock 2
    FUEL
    Antichamber
    GRID 2

• I see Civilization V is currently 75% off from $69.99 down to $17.49 in the Flash Sale…… under 5 hours remain in that deal.

I was also interested in the Defiance game that’s on sale for $13.59, as the show’s pretty interesting… but being it similar to WoW, I wasn’t sure if it was one of those “You give us more money later to keep playing” kind of games so I passed.

• Oh lord please take my credit card off of steam and hide it from me for a while…. I can’t help myself!

• There’s one thing stopping me from buying stuff.

My hard drive is bitching at me saying “I’m full”

• [image:2ehfn4nu]http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18tjifnpegguspng/ku-xlarge.png[/image:2ehfn4nu]

IDK if this flowchart helps, or makes me spend more money…. But here ya go.

• @ChuckingIt:

Oh lord please take my credit card off of steam and hide it from me for a while…. I can’t help myself!

I feel ya, I’m trying my best to not go on a buying rampage like I did a few sales ago…

I still have games I bought a few years back I have yet to even install :|

• I just bought last remnant… Not sure why… I don’t even like turned based games…

• @ChuckingIt:

I just bought last remnant… Not sure why… I don’t even like turned based games…

I think we need to place proximity mines around your computers and confisticate all other electronic devices.

• Just bought BioShock Infinite, Dishonored, Batman: Arkham City GOTY and Tropico 4 Collection! It’s so cheap! :o I’mma buy all these games and NOT install them for months. They’re just good to own, I guess. I do this all the time, buy games on sale and NOT play them.

Although I am gonna play the shit out of BioShock, I’ve been longing to play that game. Waited until it was cheaper and now it was! Yay me.

• I think I bought two games for myself. I bought a bunch of games though as gifts so I can use them during my monthly contests. However, providing three games as prizes per contest isn’t exactly cheap so I may have to cut it down to two or one month.

• Nothing, really. I was going to buy a copy of chivalry for my friend, but then i changed my mind. Still waiting for Mount and blade 2 or Mount and blade: Caribbean to come out, so i won’t be buying pretty much anything from steam before those goodies come out.

• Let’s see…

I bought:

Might & Magic Heroes VI
    Civ: Brave New World (Actually bought this before the sale started, but I’ll still count it)
    Darksiders II
    Surgeon Simulator 2013
    Hotline Miami

and… I think that’s it.

Although I did buy a copy of Chivalry as sometimes I like to give them out on my own - not through Torn Banner ^^

• And there is still plenty of time left to drain your wallets on scrumptious deals!

• @ChuckingIt:

I just bought last remnant… Not sure why… I don’t even like turned based games…

It’s not actually that bad. If anyone likes JRPGs, I’d recommend this.

Warning, it is quite heavy on grinding rare monsters / component collecting and so on, however this is optional. The sidequests also take up a huge portion of the game, but they are decently fun.

Once you get over the ragyness of EVERYTHING being unexplained, and actually start figuring out how the battle mechanics work (specifically around morale), it actually gets pretty fun, the game is quite strategic. I don’t know of many games where you actually control multiple groups in a battle, rather than just single characters.

Until you understand it more though, it does feel everything is completely random and as if you’re rolling a dice each time to decide what moves you get etc, but once you get the hang of that it’s alright. The game is pretty challenging, with a couple of SUPER hard optional bosses, it has formations and other strategy for your army. It looks gorgeous (especially the environments) and it has great music.

Horribly awkward character animation / interaction though, and the main character always made me want to strangle him. Has a bit of Tidus / Vaan syndrome.

All in all though, tis a good game once you get through it, and is quite unique with how the battling works. I’ve made some posts on it previously (Search my username and Remnant on here), and if anyone needs any halp, give me a shout on Steam (My addy is in the Mod Group) rather than giving up. :)

• I bought heroes 5 to wash out the bad taste in my mouth left by the sequel. The expansion to 6 adds my favorite faction but I wouldn’t play it if it were free.

Also picked up FTL and have already dumped 10 hours into it :(

At this rate I’m not going to buy anything over $5.