What does the forum think about the current charge attacks?

• If I remember, all charge attacks currently deal 100 base damage no matter the weapon (except fists, no falcon punching allowed) , meaning the only thing you should think about is what type of damage you’re using or how big your sword is to make hitting everything easier.

Personally, I liked the old charge attacks mainly because some weapons excelled at it while others didn’t. The War Axe used to deal 130 base damage on its charge attack, making it great for a heavily damaging suprise attack.

• yes i bet this was done as an anti-Archer method. 100 base damage, since almost al of them do cut damage, means they do exactly 100% damage to Archers torso, iow they always one-hit-kill Archers without any overkill. that makes it extremely powerful against Archers in particular.

even the one weapon that has blunt damage, with 100 power that translates to 100 damage to Archers head.

• @Bushido:

If I remember, all charge attacks currently deal 100 base damage no matter the weapon (except fists, no falcon punching allowed) , meaning the only thing you should think about is what type of damage you’re using or how big your sword is to make hitting everything easier.

Personally, I liked the old charge attacks mainly because some weapons excelled at it while others didn’t. The War Axe used to deal 130 base damage on its charge attack, making it great for a heavily damaging suprise attack.

Never thought about them so much. What I like about the new chargeattack is that It’s great when chasing some P*ssyarcher who’s too cowardly to face you in melee combat. Run after him, make use of the chaseboost and then onehit him with a chargeattack (at least with the greatsword. I’m not sure if really every weapon does the same chargeattack damage now. Wouldn’t that be mean?).
    Also I like that it dazes your opponent a bit and drains a good amount of his stamina. You can really be a great support for your team. You can’t attack him while he’s dazed, because you can’t do anything while recovering from your chargeattack, but your team can.

• Very good against archers, distracted enemies, enemies running around and idiots.

And there’s isn’t a charge attack that uses blunt damage. The pole hammer uses the post in its charge. Pierce damage.

• In generel I think it is good it got buffed, however I feel that that many of them especially the ones with polearms and spears, are out of sync with their animation. I often feel like I do a perfectly timed block yet still get hit, usually because the hit registers ridiculously early, like when the Vanguard has just lifted his feet off the ground and is at the start of his wind-up on my screen.

Other than those technical issues, I think they are fine.

• I’m glad they were made to “not suck” but I hope they continue to get tweaks. Some charge attacks feel awesome (like claymore), others feel lame (like zweihander) because it feels like you’re actually sacrificing more damage to do a charge instead of an overhead. Then you got bardiche charge which is just too fast for 100 damage.

• @SOC:

I’m glad they were made to “not suck” but I hope they continue to get tweaks. Some charge attacks feel awesome (like claymore), others feel lame (like zweihander) because it feels like you’re actually sacrificing more damage to do a charge instead of an overhead. Then you got bardiche charge which is just too fast for 100 damage.

They’re all the same speed, so strictly speaking Bardiche is the second worst polearm/spear sprint attack after billhook, and Zweihander is the best sword sprint attack.

• Sly, have you noticed the bug with the charge-attack, where the distance covered randomly goes through the roof? Almost like a megasuperdodge.

• its a temp fix to boost charge attack, the tiny fast claymore should not do as much damage as the super big ziewiender. common sense really. the high damage weapons are getting the shit end of the stick

• @lemonater47:

Very good against archers, distracted enemies, enemies running around and idiots.

And there’s isn’t a charge attack that uses blunt damage. The pole hammer uses the post in its charge. Pierce damage.

the cudgel uses blunt damage. of course, i missed the bardiche group of weapons with Chop damage.

you know what’s funny though, they make all charges do 100 damage, even small one-handed weapons. and yet that doesn’t mean they’re equally damaging. 100 Pierce is more than 100 Chop.

• @Deadpan:

@lemonater47:

Very good against archers, distracted enemies, enemies running around and idiots.

the cudgel uses blunt damage. of course, i missed the bardiche group of weapons with Chop damage.

you know what’s funny though, they make all charges do 100 damage, even small one-handed weapons. and yet that doesn’t mean they’re equally damaging. 100 Pierce is more than 100 Chop.

It depends on the class you are damaging and the weapon you are using and what body part you hit. I believe certain classes have resistances to different damage types, therefore its not always 100 dmg.

• yes, and it’s more for Pierce damage to MaA and Vanguard, but the same against Archer and Knight compared to the same power of Chop damage.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc … a1E#gid=77

• The damage needs to be tweaked a little, but the new charge is 1000x better than before.
    Charge attacks before were so slow the enemy just casually moved to the left or right to avoid it, then punish you while you’re in that ridiculously long recovery time.