Friday Update: What we're up to! July 12, 2013

• Hi everyone! Welcome to our Friday Update, where we tell you things we’ve worked on and maybe, just maybe things to come!

• What’s to come: No hotfixes or anything this week, but we might have an update next week for the next beta patch. Everything is looking good. Keep playing around with the SDK and the customization. Any feedback on Rcon would be helpful as well.

Thanks and see you next week!

Kimiko, Community Manager

• These are getting smaller and smaller.

You got the date right this time.

• Mhm…

• LOL those update since some weeks……

• @lemonater47:

These are getting smaller and smaller.

Quiet you!

And what do you mean?? Some are small, some are big :P Just depends on what we have to say ;)

• @Kimiko:

We tell you things we’ve worked on (…) No hotfixes or anything this week.

Who cares about balance and graphical/hitbox bugs when we have those greaaat Chivalry Cards ?

• @Junanagou:

@Kimiko:

We tell you things we’ve worked on (…) No hotfixes or anything this week.

Who cares about balance and graphical/hitbox bugs when we have those greaaat Chivalry Cards ?

Thanks, I agree. They are quite grrrrrrreat. And quite easy to do. They also don’t work on the balance :)

• @Kimiko:

@lemonater47:

These are getting smaller and smaller.

Quiet you!

And what do you mean?? Some are small, some are big :P Just depends on what we have to say ;)

Just some observations.

• @Kimiko:

Thanks, I agree. They are quite grrrrrrreat. And quite easy to do. They also don’t work on the balance :)

And yet… @Kimiko:

What’s to come: No hotfixes or anything this week, but we might have an update next week for the next beta patch.

• Really guys? Those trading cards probably took them 5 minutes to do…

• @Kimiko:

• Steam Trading Cards: Chivalry finally has trading cards! We’ve all been waiting for this and the time has come!

Totally. Couldn’t think of anything better.

I’d much rather have a statement on the patch that ruined Chivalry. It’s shocking how much you cater to noobs these days. I don’t mind the MaA nerfs, but all the stuff like "Feint into Parry, “Panic-Parry” and “Archery Projectile Speed” are so uncalled for and just cater to noobs. It makes the gameplay so extremely boring and sluggish. Especially the “Panic-Parry” allows players to make so many mistakes without getting hit…

Well I could go on with this for a few more pages, but you get the idea.

• @Shara:

@Kimiko:

• Steam Trading Cards: Chivalry finally has trading cards! We’ve all been waiting for this and the time has come!

Totally. Couldn’t think of anything better.

I’d much rather have a statement on the patch that ruined Chivalry. It’s shocking how much you cater to noobs these days. I don’t mind the MaA nerfs, but all the stuff like "Feint into Parry, “Panic-Parry” and “Archery Projectile Speed” are so uncalled for and just cater to noobs. It makes the gameplay so extremely boring and sluggish. Especially the “Panic-Parry” allows players to make so many mistakes without getting hit…

Well I could go on with this for a few more pages, but you get the idea.

ProMod is already released on the beta, have hope!

• What’s to come: No hotfixes or anything this week, but we might have an update next week for the next beta patch. Everything is looking good

Balance is nowhere near perfect, bugs are still there in abundance (including many about which you have received very adequate information from us) and the patch has left many, many players feeling alienated. Under these circumstances, you couldn’t have made an effort to tell us what exactly you think about the state of the game and what you are going to do moving forward?

Because at the moment the impression we get is that the answer is just “nothing”.

I have actually been watching the progress of ProMod and even though I’m not a fan of the concept at all, I have to admit that they have already implemented changes which are quite clever and the comparison portays you in a bad light.

Come on guys.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

ProMod is already released on the beta, have hope!

My biggest concern with this is that it’ll split the community and with a low playerbase it will be hard to find a decent number of servers. Other than that, if that means I can have proper gameplay again I will certainly play promod and hopefully more will follow.

• @Bloodhead:

I have actually been watching the progress of ProMod and even though I’m not a fan of the concept at all, I have to admit that they have already implemented changes which are quite clever and the comparison portays you in a bad light.

Come on guys.

I’m actually very surprised by ProMod progress too.
    Take a look at new FFADuel mode by ProMod
    http://www.twitch.tv/sf_digital/b/429665809
    Both of players have to bow when facing each other to start a fight, otherwise you can’t hit anyone. Just amazing! You also regain your HP and stamina instantly after killing someone so you can hop into another fight one after another ;)

• Agatha Man at Arms card.

Well that was easy, don’t need to touch any cards ever now since I got what I want. What is the point of these again? You guys would get a lot more excitement for these if they were hats.

• @BB:

Agatha Man at Arms card.

Well that was easy, don’t need to touch any cards ever now since I got what I want. What is the point of these again? You guys would get a lot more excitement for these if they were hats.

viewtopic.php?p=160473#p160473

• @Sidewinder:

Really guys? Those trading cards probably took them 5 minutes to do…

Considering they just took screenshots that were already in the game, resized them, and then called them a card. Yea that’s probably about right.

• @Bloodhead:

I’m hostile to that project but I have to admit they made a far better work than the “professional” ones. TBS is so happy to give us those cards while tons of issues remain… That’s OBSCENE !

• @Junanagou:

@Bloodhead:

I’m hostile to that project but I have to admit they made a far better work than the “professional” ones. TBS is so happy to give us those cards while tons of issues remain… That’s OBSCENE !

You know that a lot of people buy games simply if they offer cards? Additionally, if game is cheap (below 5 euro like Chivalry right now) even more people will buy it.
    This is easy profit and that easy earned money can be spent to future game improvement while making these cards probably took like 2 hours of work for artist who is not even working at fixing bugs/balance so, why do you care?
    Torn Banner also gets money percentage for every trade made with Chivalry cards, wallpapers and emotes.