Friday Update: What we're up to! July 12, 2013

• @Mystikkal:

Kimiko,

With all due respect, Bloodhead has made some really good points on the forums. It’s not about the fact that there wasn’t a lot to report this week - it’s mostly that TBS hasn’t really acknowledged the dissatisfaction that many people feel with this latest patch. People may be coming off as trolls, but TBS is really missing the message. People just want to know the direction of the game. Rather than us looking forward to some really cool new features, it’s been mechanic implementations that have really made the game worse. There is no question that the game is less fun than it was before. If TBS is going to keep silent and not acknowledge that many of the changes need to be reviewed and adjusted… you will continue to see people leave. The sales will only keep the population up for so long.

Many people are giving up on the game… you need to see the writing on the wall (or post!) and start taking it seriously. You think Bada and folks wanted to create a mod to try to fix the game?

Mystikkal

I believe some things have already been said - we have not been completely silent nor have we not done anything. We’ve already released a hotfix and there is more to come. I can’t believe people want to “give up” already in a matter of weeks. We’re coming out with another patch soon which will have some more balance stuff in it (we’re meeting with the balance council again today, which we haven’t done in awhile), so you will expect to find more stuff.

Trust me I know where you are coming from, but there’s only so much information that I can give you. I’ll do my best to tell you whatever I can when I can.

• Kimi can you guys please ruin the game more? Because my server has been full all day and without reserved slots I can’t even join it. Too many players, TBH.

• @Kimiko:

We’re coming out with another patch soon which will have some more balance stuff in it (we’re meeting with the balance council again today, which we haven’t done in awhile), so you will expect to find more stuff.

No please! Not the Imbalance Council again. Increasing the Claymore’s speed to 67% was probably the stupidest idea in the history of warfare; same goes for the Bearded Axe.
    IF you have to ask the Council for advice, ban whoever voted for this blasphemy first. :P

• @TheUndying:

No please! Not the Imbalance Council again. Increasing the Claymore’s speed to 67% was probably the stupidest idea in the history of warfare; same goes for the Bearded Axe.
    IF you have to ask the Council for advice, ban whoever voted for this blasphemy first. :P

• If by balance they just meant balance then they must be nerfing the short sword.

RIP archer melee. :(

• @TheUndying:

@Kimiko:

We’re coming out with another patch soon which will have some more balance stuff in it (we’re meeting with the balance council again today, which we haven’t done in awhile), so you will expect to find more stuff.

These calls were made solely by Torn Banner.

• Just for your notice, me and height just recently stepped out of the so called, “balance council”.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Of course they were but I’m pretty sure the Council had its fingers in the pie. :P

@Dubjay:

Just for your notice, me and height just recently stepped out of the so called, “balance council”.

Why’s that so?

• Now for the CU1P2 cards.

• I believe some things have already been said - we have not been completely silent nor have we not done anything. We’ve already released a hotfix and there is more to come. I can’t believe people want to “give up” already in a matter of weeks.

Pretty sure nothing has been said; If things has been said they have probably been swallowed up in larger threads and the majority of people miss them. We are ‘giving up’ only because to us it looks like you are perfectly satisfied with the game as it is (the only comment you provided in the update, “we think things are looking good right now”, does somewhat suggest this, since it’s the closest thing we’ve had to an official statement on balance in weeks).

Good, good, good. This is all we needed to know - even the information that you were about to have a balance council meeting would have gone a long way. I am reassured.

And Caliko, I don’t think I’d ever laughed out loud at a forum post before I’d read yours.

• @TheUndying:

@rumpelstiltskin:

Of course they were but I’m pretty sure the Council had its fingers in the pie. :P

No, they did not.

• @Caliko:

Now for the CU1P2 cards.

LOL!

Seems about right. ;)

• @TheUndying:

@Kimiko:

Bearded Axe was slowed down.

@rumpelstiltskin:

@TheUndying:

@Kimiko:

False. Bearded Axe changes were unanimously agreed upon by the council; Claymore changes were proposed by and also approved by the council after some discussion and alterations, though we are looking at slowing the claymore down a tad.

@TheUndying:

@Dubjay:

Just for your notice, me and height just recently stepped out of the so called, “balance council”.

Why’s that so?

They did not wish to participate in any balance discussion beyond trying to push the combo feint parry agenda.

• @Caliko:

Now for the CU1P2 cards.

LOL, spot on.

• @SlyGoat:

Bearded Axe was slowed down.

This is good news. :)

@rumpelstiltskin:

@SlyGoat:

False. Bearded Axe changes were unanimously agreed upon by the council; Claymore changes were proposed by and also approved by the council after some discussion and alterations, though we are looking at slowing the claymore down a tad.

Told ya. :P

@SlyGoat:

They did not wish to participate in any balance discussion beyond trying to push the combo feint parry agenda.

Interesting, interesting indeed. I do hope the rest of the Council does not act that…self-interested?

EDIT: Any chance of seeing the “new” cards some day?

• If you ask me I think this council should be purged.

From what I’ve witnessed they don’t seem act in the best interests of the community, torn banner, and the competitive scene.

If you need feedback on weapon balance just keep it in the forums where civilized discussion can take place.

• @zombojoe:

If you ask me I think this council should be purged.

From what I’ve witnessed they don’t seem act in the best interests of the community, torn banner, and the competitive scene.

If you need feedback on weapon balance just keep it in the forums where civilized discussion can take place.

I completely agree. I don’t believe they are intentionally meaning to sabotage this game for the community but I’ve yet to see them produce anything that has drastically benefited the community. If they’re not up for the task then scrap them. I highly doubt they would mind.

• @Caliko:

Now for the CU1P2 cards.

Fixed

Had to remove this one. No Nipples greg!

• Lol was just waiting for gregcau’s version. :D