Community split/Live version changes

• Hello there,

I’m pretty sure that the community has already proposed some of the points that I’m going to talk about but there might be some new ideas too. I played chivalry for 600 hours which is not as much as others played it, but it should be enough to have some idea how the game works.

Since the community split due to Promod is definitely going to happen when nothing changes, TBS should decide if they want to support the split or avoid it with working on the mechanics.

When you are going to support the community split, you should make the game more attractive for newcomers. I don’t know how many people buy it, play it for a week or two and never touch it again afterwards due to its high learning curve. To avoid that, there should be definitely:

-patchnotes/news should be shown on steam(I don’t think that many people from the player base, especially newbies visit the forums)
    -much better, less bugged, actually working tutorial!!! (How about an option to call in an experienced player, he gets awarded with achievements or titles?)
    -more servers with rank limit
    -more servers with archer limit
    -working achievements
    -easier game mechanics (which should be no problem since you’re in that case working together with the promod and separating the regular game from it)
    (-less douchebags^^)

My propositions for easier game mechanics would be:

-(More health, optional since it could make the game actually harder)
    -bigger “parry block” ( so that newbies dont have to look upwards or sideways to block)
    -keep the anti facehug box
    -no teamattack
    -to avoid lmb playstyle(which is an interesting thing for newcomers) you could make a higher knockback when a swing is parried

Besides that the game needs Bugfixes, better performance and more content.

If you guys need money, I’d suggest more customization helmets/armors/weapons or a DLC and how about Titles for the players(Some titles unlockable, some titles for money)? In some MMORPGs they are quite a big thing.

Some of my points might be irrelevant since the pro mod implies less high rank players in the live version or that there will be more content with the modifications that are going to be created.
    But I hope that some of my ideas are useful/new.

Now my personal 2cents:
    I love this game and I have not that much trouble with the new patch neither although I think it takes some freedom from the players away and has some severe balance issues.
    Thank you very much for making the game TBS, your hard work and all the great content you added.

Best regards

• @Thatpeskymaa:

-(More health, optional since it could make the game actually harder)
    -bigger “parry block” ( so that newbies dont have to look upwards or sideways to block)
    -keep the anti facehug box
    -no teamattack
    -to avoid lmb playstyle(which is an interesting thing for newcomers) you could make a higher knockback when a swing is parried

Would make the game much worse. Promod is no argument as I do not want to be forced to play a community mod (with all the downsides speaking of balance and abusive mechanics) to enjoy the game.

• After promod goes live Torn Banner should focus on making the game as noob friendly as possible to make a lot of money and attract new players. Real money customization shops with helmets, emblems and armors (purely cosmetic though) + DLC would be very profitable as well.
    That way Torn Banner, competitive players and public players can all be happy.

• Torn Banner should rather work on improving the game and avoid a community split at all costs. Making the game less rewarding to attract new players doesn’t work out and betrays the spirit of the game while also forcing players to Promod.

I am worried of losing a great game to:
    a) an overly gamified competetive mod
    b) an overly simplified noob bait

Both repulse people who love an atmospheric and balanced experience that is somewhat realistic and rewarding. What is basically the reason I am playing Chivalry.

• @Evil:

Torn Banner should rather work on improving the game and avoid a community split at all costs. Making the game less rewarding to attract new players doesn’t work out and betrays the spirit of the game while also forcing players to Promod.

I am worried of losing a great game to:
    a) an overly gamified competetive mod
    b) an overly simplified noob bait

Both repulse people who love an atmospheric and balanced experience that is somewhat realistic and rewarding. What is basically the reason I am playing Chivalry.

It’s too late, Torn Banner have made their decision already.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

After promod goes live Torn Banner should focus on making the game as noob friendly as possible to make a lot of money and attract new players. Real money customization shops with helmets, emblems and armors (purely cosmetic though) + DLC would be very profitable as well.
    That way Torn Banner, competitive players and public players can all be happy.

I agree to make the game user friendly, not necessarily noob friendly. Mods will always split the community onto different servers, nothing wrong with that.

If there was an awesome Star Wars mod obviously a lot of people would flock to that.

It is no more of a big deal whether people like ProMod or Star Wars.