This community is gonna drag the game down.

• This is an amazing example of how certain groups of a community can hinder the evolution of a game and make it go backwards.

Most of the criticism I have been reading for the new patch is 100% uncalled for.
    Yes there have been bad changes as well but far less than the good ones.
    All in all the direction of the developers’ thoughts were good , so instead of having ridiculous requests lke “REVERT THE PATCH” if you truly like this game and have a clue of balance and logic you should POINT them to the even better direction NOT backwards!

-Collision bubble?
    Of course it needs slight (or more) work and of course it could have possibly be handled better but reverting it ?Come on , facehugging could get ridiculous.Don’t get started with looking left and right to block, you know that wasn’t always sufficient when tracers started INSIDE your body

-Combo feint to parry?
    Is that really a mechanic that should have been kept?Stupid in logic it served only to increase the learning curve of the game.Before you label me a casual , I ll tell you that I am ALL IN for game complexity and EVEN MORE mechanics that increase the skill gap , but combo feint to parry should definitely not be one of them.Those that defend the existance of this have simply became used to it.
    If you truly strive for competitive gameplay ask for different mechanics to improve it.Mechanics that make sense.

Yes I won’t say the patch was godlike , mistakes happen and certain weapons could be better of with no touching at all.But weapon balancing is minor , it can change in a hotfix and according to OUR feedback.

What I don’t understand is all this complaining about the CORE mechanic changes.Most of them were good OR in the good direction at least.

So quit with all your pro mods , your complaining and start working with the DEVS with reasonable claims if you don’t want this community to be split and half dead in the next years.

• You are so right. Great post!

• “So quit with all your pro mods”

Did you play the pro mod? It’s pretty well done, and it’s actually the answer to all your “problems.” Why should people quit with something they like that gives them what they like so much about Chivalry? Why can’t you allow them to like the things that they like about this game? The promod is separate from the main game, and it gives you the game that you want, and it gives them the game that they want. Everybody wins, the main game is free to “evolve.” Go ahead.

• In my experience with people’s reactions to promod a with other games (not always called a promod) is that they find its not what they were expecting and is far less balanced than the current version of that game.

Only the fanbois stick to it.

No one actually knows what it will be like. Its been 10 months.

And its basic human nature to think that the past was better and that the present sucks. Even when it was the other way around.

• @lemonater47:

In my experience with people’s reactions to promod a with other games (not always called a promod) is that they find its not what they were expecting and is far less balanced than the current version of that game.

So what? No1 will force you to play promod.

@Pilgore:

Why people quit with something they like that gives them what they like so much about Chivalry? Why can’t you allow them to like the things that they like about this game? The promod is separate from the main game, and it gives you the game that you want, and it gives them the game that they want. Everybody wins, the main game is free to “evolve.” Go ahead.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@lemonater47:

In my experience with people’s reactions to promod a with other games (not always called a promod) is that they find its not what they were expecting and is far less balanced than the current version of that game.

I know, its just not gonna be like many people think it will be.

• @lemonater47:

@rumpelstiltskin:

@lemonater47:

How do you know “what it’s gonna be”? You can’t predict the future.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@lemonater47:

@rumpelstiltskin:

That’s exactly the point.

If you read my first post

• The only people who support Promod are the tryhards and clannies that were addicted to feeling like a god by being able to take on a 5 on 1 confrontation and winning by using exploits and glitches in the game’s mechanics to make their character do inhuman moves that defied logic. Promod is the highest example of the kind of pretentious hubris the “competitive” community has.

They’ll of course play the PR game on the forums and pretend to care about everyone else, which is a lie, and in the end they will tear this community apart and drive this game into the ground just for the sake of their ego-stroking and exclusionist eletism. Anyone who has played an online game ever should have been exposed at least once to this predictable cycle of self-destruction by competitive gaming communities, I’m surprised torn banner has been giving them any weight at all.

• @lemonater47:

That’s exactly the point.

If you read my first post

Alright I misunderstood what you meant. Back to your post:
    If people will find it’s not what they wanted we will change it. It’s community mod after all, we don’t have to chase after money and customers.

@2maidens1chalice:

The only people who support Promod are the tryhards and clannies that were addicted to feeling like a god by being able to take on a 5 on 1 confrontation and winning by using exploits and glitches in the game’s mechanics to make their character do inhuman moves that defied logic. Promod is the highest example of the kind of pretentious hubris the “competitive” community has.

They’ll of course play the PR game on the forums and pretend to care about everyone else, which is a lie, and in the end they will tear this community apart and drive this game into the ground just for the sake of their ego-stroking and exclusionist eletism. Anyone who has played an online game ever should have been exposed at least once to this predictable cycle of self-destruction by competitive gaming communities, I’m surprised torn banner has been giving them any weight at all.

Why people quit with something they like that gives them what they like so much about Chivalry? Why can’t you allow them to like the things that they like about this game? The promod is separate from the main game, and it gives you the game that you want, and it gives them the game that they want. Everybody wins, the main game is free to “evolve.” Go ahead.

• @2maidens1chalice:

The only people who support Promod are the tryhards and clannies that were addicted to feeling like a god by being able to take on a 5 on 1 confrontation and winning by using exploits and glitches in the game’s mechanics to make their character do inhuman moves that defied logic. Promod is the highest example of the kind of pretentious hubris the “competitive” community has.

You are a delusional idiotic virus.

• @Pilgore:

Too bad I predicted that something similar to this was going to happen months ago, and every time I play I watch clans prove my point even further by consistently showcasing mean-spirited elitism as they pub-stomp people who just got the game with moves that were never intended to be in the game.

What? You think this is a new phenomenon? Have you even played an online game? Just take a look at games like SWOTOR, where dueling and the competitive community killed that game too.

• @lemonater47:

I was quite skeptical at first but judging from the feedback so far I think it is going to exceed expectations. It could easily become popular once it is easily available. For such a short period of time Crushed has put in some clever features.

• @2maidens1chalice:

@Pilgore:

Too bad I predicted that something similar to this was going to happen months ago, and every time I play I watch clans prove my point even further by consistently showcasing mean-spirited elitism as they pub-stomp people who just got the game with moves that were never intended to be in the game.

What? You think this is a new phenomenon? Have you even played an online game? Just take a look at games like SWOTOR, where dueling and the competitive community killed that game too.

You should think of ProMod servers like a ghetto for those filthy competitive players. They will stick to their servers, you will stick to live version servers. Why do you have to be mad? No more pubstomping, no more anger, no need to hate.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Let me put it simple for you.

All of you who yearn for the previous patch are doing so in part because of nostalgia. The feeling that the past is better than the present for no logical reason (even though your brain tries to rationalize it). Sure, there are also people who want to go back to promod so they can be 1v5 king again with their CFTP, but most people because of nostalgia. The problem with trying to fix the craving of nostalgia with promod is that it won’t work, because it’s not the past. It will not feel the same ever again.

At least that’s what I think lemon was getting at.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

You should think of ProMod servers like a ghetto for those filthy competitive players. They will stick to their servers, you will stick to live version servers. Why do you have to be mad? No more pubstomping, no more anger, no need to hate.

1.Splitting the community
    2.Erroneously championing their mod as the more “competitive” version of chivalry, which is a lie.
    3.Having the audacity to think that TB’s direction with chivalry is the wrong one
    4.The “balance council” and the rest of the competitive scene are pretty much doing the equivalent of wrecking up your living room at a party and running off, leaving you with the mess.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Why do you have to be mad? No more pubstomping, no more anger, no need to hate.

2girls1cup is just a negative nancy making his assumptions about people and things he doesnt like. Has he even tried the promod, just to see what other features have been added (apart from the mechanics which are still in their infant stages), before beginning his shitposting campaign? has he done anything to further the community other than “predicting its downfall months ago?”

• @2maidens1chalice:

2.Erroneously championing their mod as the more “competitive” version of chivalry, which is a lie.
    3.Having the audacity to think that TB’s direction with chivalry is the wrong one
    4.The “balance council” and the rest of the competitive scene are pretty much doing the equivalent of wrecking up your living room at a party and running off, leaving you with the mess.

1. Only the people who are disatisfied with the official version would be using the promod.
    The availability of the promod would actually sustain those of the competitve playerbase instead of them dropping off completely.
    2. Opinion
    3. Opinion
    4. Opinion

I think you just really like shitposting.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Guess what I do not want. One half of the severs full of scrubs the other full of 1337-players both unwilling to adapt and instead demanding the game changed to fit their own playstyle.

It’s like splitting a soup to the salt and the rest. Both parts are very likely not to taste well even if the soup would.

A game needs casuals to avoid becoming overly gamified (full of feature-turned abuses) and competetive players to become rewarding and balanced. Split the up and neither part will do well.

• @Event:

All of you who yearn for the previous patch are doing so in part because of nostalgia.

That is like, your opinion man.
    @Event:

The feeling that the past is better than the present for no logical reason (even though your brain tries to rationalize it).

But there is logical reason, from competitive player point of view game had a lot more of depth and was simply more fun. I don’t except publics players to understand that because they never experienced how fun and deep competitive game can be.

@Event:

Sure, there are also people who want to go back to promod so they can be 1v5 king again with their CFTP

But if only competitive players will play as most of you are saying it how are we supposed be “1vs5 kings” due to “broken mechanics”? You can only do that on rookies.

@Event:

but most people because of nostalgia

What if? What’s wrong with that?

@Event:

The problem with trying to fix the craving of nostalgia with promod is that it won’t work, because it’s not the past. It will not feel the same ever again.

But we have fully working previous patch as promod already released on the beta with additional features like new ffaduel mode and /ready command for competitive matches. It’s already the same. Just as Torn Banner release patch, ProMod goes live.

@2maidens1chalice:

1. Stop using that term. There is no such thing as splitting the community with mod. Did ETpro split community of Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory? No, because no1 is forcing you to play mods.
    2. Of course it will be more competitive friendly, for example new /ready command for competitive matches so you don’t have to restart map if teams aren’t right after 10 secs.
    3. Torn Banner is making good decision from marketing point of view and no competitive player can blame them for trying to make this game more popular and easier to get into.
    4. Balance council was nearly completely ignored by Torn Banner.

@Evil:

Guess what I do not want. One half of the severs full of scrubs the other full of 1337-players both unwilling to adapt and instead demanding the game changed to fit their own playstyle.

Stop using “unwilling to adapt”. I might as well say that people who like new patch were unwilling to adapt to old one. That is just stupid.

@Evil:

A game needs casuals to avoid becoming overly gamified (full of feature-turned abuses) and competetive players to become rewarding and balanced. Split the up and neither part will do well.

You can’t satisfy both competitive and casual scene at once and Torn Banner already chose side they want to support. If competitive scene is so small as they say and it’s just not worth it to listen to its feedback then why do you care for few people making a mod and trying to play the game how they like it?