Battleground - Team Objective

• I love team objective but as it stands now I find two major flaws with the Battlegrounds map.

Number one: I think this map needs a third objective, an epic finish similar to how you go after the king in Stoneshill. I’d love to go into that town to slaughter and burn it to the ground.

The second problem is that the second objective is completely unbalanced. To begin with it’s a walk in the park to push the cart but when it reaches a certain point it will stop completely, being too close to the mason spawn it will be too hard for Agathians to reach the cart, even if the they are better. I suggest that the spawns would be rearranged so the two teams’ spawns will be equally close to the cart at all times, or at least more so.

I also have two nitpicks: I’m not thrilled about how you won’t be able to see which objectives are done before grabbing a torch in the first objective when you’re Agathian.

A nitpick I have with the Team objective gamemode in gerneral is the abrupt endings when an objective runs out of time, personally I’d much prefer if the attacking team’s respawns ran out instead (the defenders would keep respawning ofc). If they manage to finish the objective before they all die they’d respawn again.

• Agree with all.

• I like that last one.

Also agree something should be behind that gate, but the pushable objective is fine. That stopping point you mentioned is definitely a hurdle, but if you can get slightly beyond it you’re protected by wooden gates on both sides that force the enemy to funnel their attack. One good defender can hold that corridor against 3x his number long enough for his ally to push the cart the rest of the way. Like all attack objectives it just requires a little coordination.

• @Strudel:

That stopping point you mentioned is definitely a hurdle, but if you can get slightly beyond it you’re protected by wooden gates on both sides that force the enemy to funnel their attack. One good defender can hold that corridor against 3x his number long enough for his ally to push the cart the rest of the way. Like all attack objectives it just requires a little coordination.

I haven’t noticed that but personally I’d preferred if the difficulty of pushing it would be similar through the whole time.

• I think the burning objectives are a little too easy. There’s not a lot the defender can do about a torch thrown halfway across the map.

• The defenders can defend the torches and torches can’t actually be thrown all that long. I also think that it’s alright if the first objective is fairly easy, it’s not all that exciting when you only get to do one objective.

• @Oscar:

The defenders can defend the torches and torches can’t actually be thrown all that long. I also think that it’s alright if the first objective is fairly easy, it’s not all that exciting when you only get to do one objective.

Maybe, but you can throw them pretty far. You can light the wheat fields and the market from the torch spot closest to the agatha spawn. A short walk, and you can hit the granary pretty easily.

• Perhaps moving the torches to be close to the attacking team’s spawn, or even within the spawn - so you have to walk a bit unarmed to light the objectives up.

It never made sense to me that the defenders are just storing all these torches near their valuable objective. Why don’t they just put them out? :P