Wow promod

• I know there is a promod thread.

But I just played it for the first time.

omfg it was pretty amazing.

and I am a total pub supporter, make fun of clannies kind of guy.

but that was a lot of fun. I love the feature that you have a map with everyone on it, can’t damage anyone and have to bow to kick off the duel.

so awesome, its fast paced and fun.

• I wanna try it out eventually.

• The fact that I, a long-standing hater of all the mechanics considered ‘exploits’ in the previous patches, am now thoroughly impressed by the progress of ProMod is a testament to both the honestly amazing effort its developers are making and - more importantly - the quite frankly pathetic effort shown by TBS.

• @Bloodhead:

The fact that I, a long-standing hater of all the mechanics considered ‘exploits’ in the previous patches, am now thoroughly impressed by the progress of ProMod is a testament to both the honestly amazing effort its developers are making and - more importantly - the quite frankly pathetic effort shown by TBS.

I wouldn’t call TBS pathetic because they have a different vision with their game than you and some others have.

• @Event:

I wouldn’t call TBS pathetic because they have a different vision with their game than you and some others have.

Exactly. Without Torn Banner, promod would not exist. They’ve also been extremely helpful in helping us, and other mods, get off the ground.

• Greg, I want to thank you personally for doubting this mod would even get off the ground.

There’s nothing I like more than proving people wrong. :D

• I am really skeptical about promod, I don’t want to see the chivalry community divided between the ‘good’ players and the casual pubbers. There are way too many noobs as it is, if promod becomes popular the good players would be forced to play the mod just to get some competitive gameplay. And especially in places like Australia, I doubt there would be enough people to populate the 32 man TO servers, which means I would have to learn two versions of chivalry just to get some diverse gameplay.

• @NabsterHax:

Greg, I want to thank you personally for doubting this mod would even get off the ground.

There’s nothing I like more than proving people wrong. :D

bitch

I thought the coding would be a lot harder, I do a lot of programming but I guess the SDK is easier than I thought to make changes.

@wyrda78:

I am really skeptical about promod, I don’t want to see the chivalry community divided between the ‘good’ players and the casual pubbers. There are way too many noobs as it is, if promod becomes popular the good players would be forced to play the mod just to get some competitive gameplay. And especially in places like Australia, I doubt there would be enough people to populate the 32 man TO servers, which means I would have to learn two versions of chivalry just to get some diverse gameplay.

I think separating noobs from clannies who can destroy them is a good thing.

As for remote areas, well not so much you can do about that except if marketing steps up and the overall player base increases.

Splitting the community is nothing to do with promod, absolutely any popular mod can split the community but that is no reason not to do a mod.

• @Event:

@Bloodhead:

The fact that I, a long-standing hater of all the mechanics considered ‘exploits’ in the previous patches, am now thoroughly impressed by the progress of ProMod is a testament to both the honestly amazing effort its developers are making and - more importantly - the quite frankly pathetic effort shown by TBS.

Oh no no don’t get me wrong - as I said (in the very post you quoted, actually…) I am very, very against all the ‘exploits’ which existed pre-patch and I was fully advocating the direction taken.

What I don’t approve of, however, is the fact that they seem to show no desire to fix any of the remaining issues. ProMod is showing them up.

• @wyrda78:

I am really skeptical about promod, I don’t want to see the chivalry community divided between the ‘good’ players and the casual pubbers. There are way too many noobs as it is, if promod becomes popular the good players would be forced to play the mod just to get some competitive gameplay. And especially in places like Australia, I doubt there would be enough people to populate the 32 man TO servers, which means I would have to learn two versions of chivalry just to get some diverse gameplay.

If people want to play the way they like you can’t do anything about it.

• There’s a major difference in promod compared to normal mods, since its whole focus is actually changing the game mechanics.
    If promod becomes popular, I’d be forced to play it to get good gameplay, and I don’t want to play it, I’d rather play normal chivalry. That’s why I don’t support promod.

• @wyrda78:

There’s a major difference in promod compared to normal mods, since its whole focus is actually changing the game mechanics.
    If promod becomes popular, I’d be forced to play it to get good gameplay, and I don’t want to play it, I’d rather play normal chivalry.

Play normal chivalry then. You sound like Arma players whining that DayZ took away their entire playerbase, if people enjoy x thing obviously they gonna play x thing.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Play normal chivalry then. You sound like Arma players whining that DayZ took away their entire playerbase, if people enjoy x thing obviously they gonna play x thing.

I sympathize with the Arma players. You’re sort of stating the obvious in your post though, I know people are going to play what they like, but what the majority of people like isn’t necessarily the same as what I like.

• @gregcau:

I know there is a promod thread.

But I just played it for the first time.

omfg it was pretty amazing.

and I am a total pub supporter, make fun of clannies kind of guy.

but that was a lot of fun. I love the feature that you have a map with everyone on it, can’t damage anyone and have to bow to kick off the duel.

so awesome, its fast paced and fun.

If they have stuff like that in it I might get it.

I hear they only reverted it as far back as the first CUI patch. Rather than then the beginning of the game. That is better.

Can’t test it properly for the complete lack of promod servers where I live. But I suppose it will be that unchallenging game where you never ran out of stamina, could recover from all your mistakes by spamming right click and could facehug to your hearts content.

I got tired of being a god. I have just cause 2 for that.

I don’t think it will take away the playerbase at all. There has been two steam sales and a green man gaming sale since the patch. People who have never experienced the old game. An the old game wasn’t exactly noob friendly.

• @wyrda78:

There’s a major difference in promod compared to normal mods, since its whole focus is actually changing the game mechanics.
    If promod becomes popular, I’d be forced to play it to get good gameplay, and I don’t want to play it, I’d rather play normal chivalry. That’s why I don’t support promod.

I understand the point of view.

However having been around since October I think it is obvious that TBS cannot appease both player camps. It is really a testament to their game, certainly no MMO can have this level of skill ceiling so the divide between professional players and noob players is a chasm as time went on.

• @wyrda78:

@rumpelstiltskin:

I sympathize with the Arma players. You’re sort of stating the obvious in your post though, I know people are going to play what they like, but what the majority of people like isn’t necessarily the same as what I like.

Well that must suck for you but you can’t seriously blame people for playing what they want, even if they happen to be majority and you happen to be minority.

Can’t test it properly for the complete lack of promod servers where I live. But I suppose it will be that unchallenging game where you never ran out of stamina, could recover from all your mistakes by spamming right click and could facehug to your hearts content.

I thought there is one Oceanic promod server :?

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@wyrda78:

@rumpelstiltskin:

Well that must suck for you but you can’t seriously blame people for playing what they want, even if they happen to be majority and you happen to be minority.

I thought there is one Oceanic promod server :?

Didn’t show up in my list.

• which means I would have to learn two versions of chivalry just to get some diverse gameplay.

O come on, it isn’t like it is hard to learn…

Also to play pro-mod do you need to install Chiv Beta? If so, I’ll have to wait until next week, as I’m dangerously close to end of my quota. That’s right bitches, in Australia, one of the richest countries in the world, we still have internet quotas that are laughably small and expensive. Mongolia has a better internet rating than us lol.

• @Toll:

which means I would have to learn two versions of chivalry just to get some diverse gameplay.

O come on, it isn’t like it is hard to learn…

Also to play pro-mod do you need to install Chiv Beta? If so, I’ll have to wait until next week, as I’m dangerously close to end of my quota. That’s right bitches, in Australia, one of the richest countries in the world, we still have internet quotas that are laughably small and expensive. Mongolia has a better internet rating than us lol.

As in New Zealand. But I have a 200GB package. One of the largest deals before unlimited.

We don’t pay for speeds. Speeds depend on where you live.

Beta is just over 4GB.

• Same 200GB plan here. Not really that expensive.