Running Chivalry in parallels

• OK so the problem I am having is the game freezes every time i join a game or start training. I am running the game in Parallels which is like bootcamp, i have 8 gigs of ram and a dual core so I don’t think I shouldn’t be able to run it. I have tried many of the suggested fixes but none have worked so far, I have also gone into the config for parallels and made sure it is running both cores. I am hoping you guys can help me, below are the DxDiag.txt file after trying to join a multiplayer game and also my launch.txt file. Thanks in advance!

• Because posting the same thing under a different user is gonna get you an answer.

Heard of bumping? Should have done that to your other thread.

I use bootcamp no problems. Works better than parralels.

• I don’t really think running the game in a virtual machine is a great idea.

• @lemonater47:

Because posting the same thing under a different user is gonna get you an answer.

Heard of bumping? Should have done that to your other thread.

I use bootcamp no problems. Works better than parralels.

Can you please not accuse me of something I didn’t do? Just because there is a thread about running it on parallels doen’t mean its the same person… thanks. Now to the actual problem, there no good reason why I shouldn’t be able to run it on a virtual machine though is there? I mean I have the right specs and all.

• sorry if that came off wrong, I just don’t liked to be blindly accused of things. I’ve read that bootcamp seems to run better with this game but I have also read of people getting the game to work through parallels. If I don’t have to I don’t want to use bootcamp since it is inconvenient for me. Thanks

• Parallels always gave me issues. I got tired of it and switched to bootcamp.

Smooth sailing from there.

• Yeah, also saying you have 8 gigs of ram and a dual core doesnt mean anything. You could have 1 billion gigs of ram and a 400 core cpu, and it wouldn’t make a single difference in chivalry or any other game for that matter really.

• What matters more is your clock speed and your graphics card, since most people have 8 gigs of ram and dual cores, but that doesnt mean that they can run games.

• Why are you even using parallels or Bootcamp (unless you have a Mac, in which case LOL)

• @Toll:

Why are you even using parallels or Bootcamp (unless you have a Mac, in which case LOL)

You clicked on this topic CLEARLY for Mac users just so you could comment about the fact that he plays on a Mac? The real question here is since you spent all that time making your comment, will you still have enough time left to eat glue and lick the windows on the back seat of the short bus.

I’ve played a lot of games through parallels, and they’re just hit or miss. Some games work well, and others will have problems running. I’ve never been able to find an answer for it.

Like lemon, I would highly recommend using bootcamp instead. I know rebooting every time you want to play a certain game is annoying, but virtual machines have only come so far, and you’re probably not going to find a solution for it.

• Actually Tsugaru, my presumptuous friend, I came here to see if I could help. If you would kindly look to other tech support threads you will see I’ve helped people a lot. So my original question was sound.

• If you’re going to LOL at someone for using Mac, then why would you go in a topic, where the title very clearly implies that the guy has a Mac. Your comment didn’t help at all, so you really didn’t need to post anything, but you went ahead and posted something useless anyway.