Spree notifications

• I reckon it would keep in-game motivation flowing if Chivalry had UT style notifications such as double kills, triple kills, sprees etc.

I think it would give the game a little more depth and polish and would give new players some indication of their achievements.

Anyone agree?

• Hell yeah!

I think this is a good idea for a mod, spree notifications make me go rampage!

• I can see it working on modded servers but as an in-game feature that was a standart among the servers. No thank you.

I don’t need to be reminded of every single peasant and their mother getting a double kill all the time.

• Yeah no thanks. It’s like a target for archers.

• i don’t think it fits the gameplay’s intention. doing this would certainly increase all the whining about archers, friendly fire, lag, bugs, balance, exploits… and would lead to campers and other semi-participatory gameplay (cowardice)

• Nah. It works in other games, but too much of this and we will end up with a COD clone with text and sounds and too much useless bullshit flashing around your screen. Add this to the end game summary and it’s fine.

• Yo guys, I don’t mean for you to get notified of every single double kill any other player makes, nor am I interested in killstreak rewards like calling in a drone strike or something! It just find the interface too ‘unrewarding’ for when you’ve slain 14 people without dying and have nothing to show for it.

Perhaps even a medal system a-la CoD or Halo would be nice. You might be trying to avoiding cloning these games, but the fact is that they are massively, MASSIVELY popular due to small features like medals and rewards. I find Chivalry lacking in this department, which is a shame when the gameplay is so brilliant

• One of the great things about chivalry is the UI is not cluttered with damage values, kill notifications etc.

• If you want to make a mod for it go ahead. But it shouldn’t be a supported feature for the game.

• @alarazr:

Perhaps even a medal system a-la CoD or Halo would be nice

I would hate this.

• Subtle yet visible spree and multikill notifications would definitely improve playing experience, thumps up

• I thought of this idea too as well as many others perhaps, i even thought maybe just to make it subtle instead of using sounds like the quake ones, that would really take away from the realism i think. The quake sounds would make the game feel too arcadey. If it was a mod or available on SOME servers that would be cool, but across the board it’s not necessary. I would like to know if i’m on a kill streak or something, maybe just stick something in the chat box… but that could be annoying for some as well.

• please no

• I love CoD, and I love its medals and accolades and what not too, but it wouldn’t fit Chivalry. I think more detailed statistics would be nice though after matches, like seeing what most of your damage taken came from, what weapons were they, what classes you did the most damage to, ect., but nothing like a medal system. It would certainly take away from the experience of Chivalry IMO.

• The game is already to much centered about kills imo.

Do your objectives instead of ramping up some stupid number for gods sake!

I admit I mostly play TO and LTS.

• No thanks dude. For stated reasons.
    First blood would be cool tho. with the Agatha Knight voice saying it.

‘‘Fiiirst BLUT!’’

• Grabbing this idea from another threat, how about showing the players who did best in certain categories at the end of the map? Flash the name/have the camera switch to the player with most kills, most points, most assists etc. for 2 seconds or so. This would give you something to show off and to work towards to without having any influence on the gameplay itself.

I heard Red Orchestra does this …?

• @Teocyn:

Nah. It works in other games, but too much of this and we will end up with a COD clone with text and sounds and too much useless bullshit flashing around your screen. Add this to the end game summary and it’s fine.

+1 I like Chiv’s minimalist HUD.