Hit Registry Malfunction?

• I’ve just played three games in a row, one of FFA, one of KOTH, and one of TO…and I’ve been kind of surprised to see weapons completely passing through enemies. And through me. I’ve been able to bullrush into people wielding; Claymores, Halberds, Longswords, and Swords of War. Their swings pass through me every time. Even parrying their swings doesn’t do anything. Just goes on through like I’m a ghost.

It seems on Longswords that alt-overhead doesn’t hit at all, and the stab hits unreliably. Swing is unaffected. On the SoW, the stab hits fine, but the overheads and swings tend to glitch out from time to time. On the other weapons I mentioned above, no attacks hit. This is also true for the Polehammer, though I hadn’t used it myself to test.

It’s quite disconcerting to take no damage, or to have your strikes not hit an enemy you blatantly struck, so I hope you guys can pinpoint the source of the issue and fix it soon.

P.S: Lag doesn’t seem to be a factor, though again, I haven’t tested that extensively. There may also be more weapons affected, those are just the ones I noticed.

• @SushiJaguar:

I’ve just played three games in a row, one of FFA, one of KOTH, and one of TO…and I’ve been kind of surprised to see weapons completely passing through enemies. And through me. I’ve been able to bullrush into people wielding; Claymores, Halberds, Longswords, and Swords of War. Their swings pass through me every time. Even parrying their swings doesn’t do anything. Just goes on through like I’m a ghost.

It seems on Longswords that alt-overhead doesn’t hit at all, and the stab hits unreliably. Swing is unaffected. On the SoW, the stab hits fine, but the overheads and swings tend to glitch out from time to time. On the other weapons I mentioned above, no attacks hit. This is also true for the Polehammer, though I hadn’t used it myself to test.

It’s quite disconcerting to take no damage, or to have your strikes not hit an enemy you blatantly struck, so I hope you guys can pinpoint the source of the issue and fix it soon.

P.S: Lag doesn’t seem to be a factor, though again, I haven’t tested that extensively. There may also be more weapons affected, those are just the ones I noticed.

This is a known issue with some servers not having the correct values for weapons, or something like that. Lemme find a Slyquote
    @SlyGoat:

Problem with server not updating weapon configs. We’ll be rectifying this to make the server updating process easier in patch 3; the weapon configs will be removed and weapon data will be stored in scripts.

Hope this answers your question. Finding a new server should rectify the issues you experienced.

• Just out of curiosity, on which server were you playing on? Was it an official server?

• I don’t think it was an official server, but then again, I don’t know how to read French. It was just a French server running cycling game-modes and maps.