Back to Back sales and player number

• Current, Daily Peak
    7,395 9,775 Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

It was 1700 2500ish about 2 weeks ago.

It went on sale recently, then the Steam Summer sale saw it go on sale again, back to back sales. After the dust settles I wonder what the average player base will be.

I’m guessing Current will sit at 2000-2500 and daily peak will sit at 2500-3000 players.

• It was actually three sales, it went on sale on Green Man Gaming in between the steam sales.

• @Toll:

Current, Daily Peak
    7,395 9,775 Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

It was 1700 2500ish about 2 weeks ago.

It went on sale recently, then the Steam Summer sale saw it go on sale again, back to back sales. After the dust settles I wonder what the average player base will be.

I’m guessing Current will sit at 2000-2500 and daily peak will sit at 2500-3000 players.

Current is irrelevant, current depends on when you look. Peak is more interesting.

During sales they get a lot of sales.

Obviously should go on sale as often as possible.

But its not the price that boosts the sales, its the marketing. More marketing, more sales because the game is that good.

• Chivalry seems to remain at the 1500-2500 mark when not in a sale I think. I think that’s a pretty good number for an indie game. Even a few days after the first content patch and sale, it was pretty consistent around 1500.

• 10500 peak players, beating some big hitting games like Bioshock infinite, and Saints Row: The Third. Kerbal Space Program btw is an excellent indie title ;)

• It’s not a huge surprise, this is the lowest price the game’s been after all. And a lot of people just outright don’t buy games during the summer months in anticipation of the summer sale, then the floodgates open :P

• @SOC:

Chivalry seems to remain at the 1500-2500 mark when not in a sale I think. I think that’s a pretty good number for an indie game. Even a few days after the first content patch and sale, it was pretty consistent around 1500.

I can play on a local full server or two 24 hours a day if I want here in Australia. This is awesome in my opinion. I couldn’t do that with Red Orchestra 2 six months after release.