Gameplay tweak ideas

• 1 - arrow projectile speed increase, arrow drop rate decrease. I am not sure that the way to arrow flies is quite realistic.

2 - draw speed increase. I am no trained archer and I can draw and fire much faster than the player is able.

3 - attack speed increase. People in the heat of battle swing as fast as possible, and all the characters seem to attack too slowly, especially those using lighter weapons

4 - archer run speed increase. Just a tad.

5 - collision detection improvement

6 - all headshots should be a one hit kill. Brain Damage tends to make one innefective

Please dont take this criticism as negative - I really, really, really like playing Chivalry.
    Keep up the good work

• errr…scratches head

i can’t figure out if you’re being sarcastic or not, but my opinion to most your points are the exact opposite. as for the drawing animation: that’s just the animation. no way you can shoot one arrow per second.

• With all the rage lately about Archers I highly doubt this will get any positive responses. :D

• Lol.

Arrows speed increase and drop increase? That would look like they are magnitudes to the ground.

They have a speed and are effected by gravity. The higher the speed the further they get. So it looks like they have a realistic path. In reality they could go several hundred metres at way faster speeds.

For balance reasons its not realistic.

Most people could fire 1 arrow per second.

For balance reasons its not realistic.

Weapons speed once again balance over realism.

Archers already run as fas as a MAA. Don’t make them faster.

I think all jav heads its should be kills. But not for arrows. This game doesn’t have armour simulation. Surviving a headshot is its armour simulation.

• NO, just NO. the absolute WORST thing that could happen to this game atm, even after this patch, is for archers to be even EASIER to play! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

• Its a melee game for pete’s sake! Why would you buy a melee game and then think you should be able to do as good as the other guys by just playing archer? it shouldnt work like that! archer is a support role, and only an extremly high level player that is very good at the game should be able to top scoreboards as an archer consistently. with these tweaks, even more so than now, archers and vanguards would be the only classes played, archers because they are so OP, and vanguards because people want to 1shot the OP archers!

• Archers aren’t OP. but thy wil be with these changes.

And why the double post?

• “Archers already run as fas as a MAA.”

no they don’t.

“archers because they are so OP, and vanguards because people want to 1shot the OP archers”

the exact reverse of that.

• You can’t argue from realism because the melee is already cinematic and absolutely not realistic. You can draw a bow faster than the archer in Chivalry? Guess what, I can swing a bastard sword faster than a knight in Chivalry.

• @Deadpan:

“Archers already run as fas as a MAA.”

no they don’t.

I don’t remember any foward speed changes at all.

• Uh… I’m not too sure about being able to fire an arrow in a second. I can nock, draw/aim, anchor and release in about 2.5, I’m estimating. I’ll time it sometime, I haven’t done that in a while.

Maybe if the arrow is already nocked and ready on the string.

• @Carolean:

Uh… I’m not too sure about being able to fire an arrow in a second. I can nock, draw/aim, anchor and release in about 2.5, I’m estimating. I’ll time it sometime, I haven’t done that in a while.

Maybe if the arrow is already nocked and ready on the string.

Some arrows are very easy to nock in.

Very easy to screw up firing that fast though.