Official Classic Server Rotation Concern

• To avoid any confusion, I’m talking about the Europe server. Don’t know how the situation is on the US server.

Anyone else unhappy with the current classic server rotation?
    First problem is it’s always the same maps in a fixed order, get’s boring pretty quick.
    I also think there are too much non-TO maps in between the TO modes.

e.g.: We have Moor KotH followed by Moor LTS followed by Stoneshill TDM and then Hillside TO.
    Personally I think it should be 1 or 2 TO maps and then 1 other gamemode.

Also, I’m missing a lot of maps that were part of the classic server some time ago.
    Frigid TDM, CtF
    Tavern FFA (was never part of it, but would be nice if it was added)
    Arena LTS (I really like this one)
    Argonswall TDM
    Ruins CtF, TDM
    Moor TDM, CtF
    Battlegrounds LTS, TDM

It just get’s boring when to only mode on Argonswall for example, is always LTS. A little variation like whe had a long time ago would be much appreciated.

• On the games on net servers down here out full rotation servers have 2 TO maps then two other modes. And it keeps doing that cycle.

• Consistent map rotation is pretty important IMO. But I agree that classics should always do 2 TOs before doing anything else.

• Kimi fixed all the USA ones.

She must have forgotten about Europe.

Maybe provide the precise server name.

• The European servers have seemingly changed as of a day or two ago, they added LTS Arena, the 20 minute Brawl map (which is waaay too long for a fist-only FFA, let alone regular FFA, would much prefer it to be 10 minutes or a “first to 30 kills” or something similar. I know a single anecdotal point is a terrible argument, but the first time playing it a lot of people left after 10 minutes saying “this is pretty boring” :/), a few more TDM maps, etc. Can’t remember it exactly, but it was refreshing. Would love to see more maps and modes added.

Unfortunately whoever changed it seemed to forget to change Moor playing twice in a row, which is rather annoying. It plays KOTH and then LTS right after it, servers empty pretty quick because apart from seeming to be the 2 game modes least liked, the map is rather repetitive, especially when playing for 30 mins+ straight which is almost guaranteed.

I personally think >TO >game mode >TO >two other game modes >TO >game mode >TO >two other game modes, repeated would work pretty well. Two TO and only one other game mode on repeat would only work if there were more than 5 TO maps IMO, which there isn’t, so it’d get really repetitive and take too long for a certain other game modes or map to play.

• @SOC:

Consistent map rotation is pretty important IMO…

You are definitely right.

@Tummeh:

……
    I personally think >TO >game mode >TO >two other game modes >TO >game mode >TO >two other game modes, repeated would work pretty well. Two TO and only one other game mode on repeat would only work if there were more than 5 TO maps IMO, which there isn’t, so it’d get really repetitive and take too long for a certain other game modes or map to play.

True, I would be fine with this pattern.

Strange, today I played on a classic UK server with the old rotation, and a few minutes ago I played on a classic UK again, but with the new rotation you’ve mentioned.

• I like the new rotation very much. But I really think tavern needs to be shorter. i.e. either 10 minutes or a kill limit of say 10-20

• @sorry_lad:

I like the new rotation very much. But I really think tavern needs to be shorter. i.e. either 10 minutes or a kill limit of say 10-20

Definitely agree with this

• Yeah not sure what’s going on with the maplist. It seems to be different than is what is coming up.

Can someone post exactly what the maplist is on both the US and EU side. They should be identical actually, but I’ll double check and get it all fixed up when I’m back home after Wednesday next week.

• @sorry_lad:

I like the new rotation very much. But I really think tavern needs to be shorter. i.e. either 10 minutes or a kill limit of say 10-20

The time limit is being reduced to 10 minutes next patch.

• Sort of related- I’m finding that most people just want to play TO. Over here in the eastern United States area it seems like TO is impossible to get into. A lot of people will join whatever server that is currently in TO, and once a non TO map starts evacuate the server to go do it to some other server.

If I can remember it in time I try and start a vote for a new TO map close to the finish of the current one so we can kind of decide what we want to do and not lose all players on the server.

This seems to point towards more people wanting more TO.

• TO and LTS are the true chivalry modes (for me)!

• @SlyGoat:

@sorry_lad:

The time limit is being reduced to 10 minutes next patch.

Nice, good to hear.

• @quigleyer:

Sort of related- I’m finding that most people just want to play TO. Over here in the eastern United States area it seems like TO is impossible to get into. A lot of people will join whatever server that is currently in TO, and once a non TO map starts evacuate the server to go do it to some other server.

If I can remember it in time I try and start a vote for a new TO map close to the finish of the current one so we can kind of decide what we want to do and not lose all players on the server.

This seems to point towards more people wanting more TO.

We have Official TO specific servers for those who want to just play TO maps :) I’m one of those people, although occasional I like to change it up a bit, so I’ll join a classic server.

Once I’m back at home, I’m going to go through all the servers again and balance things up a bit in terms of server locations and maps, as well as deal with the laggy issues with Multiplay.

• Central/Eastern US could use more official 24p TO.

• @SOC:

Central/Eastern US could use more official 24p TO.

Yeah as I play those the most - especially the central, I’m not sure where they all went. Luckily we have a ton of extra classic ranked servers that were added in after the last free weekend, so I’ll be spreading those around.

• @SOC:

Make them 12p for EU! ;)

• I turned my server into a TO server now. It’s located in chicago so good for Central/Eastern. It’s a 20 man server for now so 10v10 TO so i want to see how that goes. I switched because it WAS a classic duel server, but A.) no one ever follows the rules unless i’m there so it’s a free for all and B.) no one since patch classic duels as much anymore so i’m just converting it to TO since i like TO.

It’s called Ninja Warrior TO. Let me know if there’s issue with the maplist or anything to any of those who join because… i didn’t fully test, but it SHOULD be right.

• @Kimiko:

@SOC:

Yeah as I play those the most - especially the central, I’m not sure where they all went. Luckily we have a ton of extra classic ranked servers that were added in after the last free weekend, so I’ll be spreading those around.

Yes please! 32p are just madness, and all the TO 24p east/central are consistently full. Thanks kimi.

• Alright to update everyone. I reorganized all the official servers so that each server has its own number so it’s easier to tell your friends you are in server TO #1 as opposed to TO #1 with 32p and not 24p. I also lumped all servers together mostly by region so they had some sort of uniformity. So all US servers are at the bottom - US Centra, US East and then US West.

I have added more servers to the TO Official maps. There was already plenty of EU so I added more US servers. In total we have 6 US Central, 5 US East and 3 US West. Keeping the TO 30+ ranked servers at 4 until I actually see people using them. I thought more people would want them (from feedback here), but I guess more prefer to “pub stomp” :P

TO Ping limits will remain as well until that actually works properly. Added a couple US servers to TDM and LTS they were pretty sparse.

We only had 4 duel mode servers and they were always full so I added more so now there are 9. Fixed the classic rank 1-30 to be 0-30 so rank 0’s can now join. Keeping them at 4 for now until I see them constantly used. Added 4 CTF only servers and 4 Fist only servers.

Now for the Classic servers. This is what I have in the 24p servers (because I didn’t realize I had both 24p and 32p, thus they have different profiles and different map settings. Oops!)

TO darkforest
    KOTH Moor
    TO HIllside
    TD Throneroom
    TO Stoneshill
    LTS Arena
    FFA Ruins
    TO Citadel
    LTS Argons Wall
    TO Battlegrounds
    FFA Tavern
    CTF Frigid

32p seems to be the one that’s a bit all over the place, so I might have only changed the 24p ones previously.

KOTH Arena
    TO Battlegrounds
    FFA Arena
    TD ruins
    TO Stoneshill
    LTS Throneroom
    KOTH Hillside
    TD Stoneshill Village
    FFA Moor
    TO Darkforest
    FFA Stoneshill Village
    TD Throneroom
    TO Hillside
    LTS Stoneshill Village ( XD )
    TO Citadel
    FFA Tavern

So let me know what you guys would like and I’ll make them the same for BOTH 24p and 32p just to keep things organized. It’s really hard to spread things out good with only 5 TO maps, but we’ll make do. The 24p one definitely seems better spread out. But I’ll let you good people decide. Might leave Tavern out for now until the new timed one (10 minutes) is in the live game.