All the new players this weekend

• I’ve noticed a lot of new players coming online this weekend. No doubt from all the Steam sales.
    There’s been a lot of swinging which is to be expected along with lots of pub stomping and new players having loads of fun which is great.

The one downside I’ve noticed in some matches tonight is masses of archers. Normally this isn’t a problem for an experienced team as they use shields/smoke etc. and push on with the objective. Having two teams filled with 75% rank 5’s or under just makes for frustrating objective mode that goes nowhere and more and more people switch to archer as they realise they will never get the cart more than halfway up the map and just go for easy kills rather than being easy kills themselves. The game slows to a frustrating crawl.
    I remember when I first started archery was really hard due to the slow projectiles, archers were great for breaking blocks for team mates who can then get a free swing. Now I see some super high level archers top scoring. Did I hear somewhere that projectile speed will be slowed next patch?

• @Polycotton:

Did I hear somewhere that projectile speed will be slowed next patch?

That is true.

• Yeah, it’s fun to see some fresh blood on the servers. Apart from a lv 12 vanguard who was constantly boasting his skills and trolling the other players, all the new guys i played with today were decent people. Lots of archers, but most of the low level guys couldn’t hit crap. I was running straight line towards 3 archers perched on a cliff, they fired 2 volleys and didn’t hit me once.

• Some of the new players are annoying yes. But there are those and those.
    I found someone today. He was lvl 6 when I met him. Now he’s in our clan. He has done what every newcomer should do. He played the turorial.
    And he was f*cking good for a lvl6 player. I showed him what old duel is, he understood and he follows the duelrules.

Unfortunately he is the only good new player I found so far. The others are taking over the duel servers and making them archer only ffa servers. Others are just teamkilling. One did one intentional teamkill one after the other. I asked him about that. He said: “I just bought this game to troll the players.”
    Votekick? Hah! No way. I voted a kick on him. 100% teamdamage and a big minusscore. What happened?
    Votekick failed. Only 1 of 32 players voted. And that was me.

Oh and what I also noticed is: the players don’t understand the hitdetection. Not even those who played the tutorial. They all think they will only hit the one they aim at. So they do lmbspam.

The tutorial should teach the new players to use overheads and stabs when friends are nearby.

• If you grew tired of new players you can always check ProMod duel server which is populated nearly entire daytime (at least in Yurop)

• @Dad:

Yeah, it’s fun to see some fresh blood on the servers. Apart from a lv 12 vanguard who was constantly boasting his skills and trolling the other players, all the new guys i played with today were decent people. Lots of archers, but most of the low level guys couldn’t hit crap. I was running straight line towards 3 archers perched on a cliff, they fired 2 volleys and didn’t hit me once.

I found a 3 archer limit team obj server and all was good in the world again. Ended up being the king for the third or fourth time in my Chivalry career (Level 30 I think) after scoring endless kills with the maul. After being on the server for a couple of maps the other team all started using the maul as well but unfortunately for them they didn’t understand the reach too well. Much brain medicine administered.

I’m addicted to this game all over again since the latest patch.

• given the pop of chiv we should be very glad for any increase. i cant believe folks are whinging about new players. hilarious.

• they taste like chicken :D, nice to see some new players

• Hopefully they stick around and blossom into something more than just fresh meat.