Throw, recovery, parry. (Javelins)

• so, i heard about recovery parry, but after a throw, there’s no parry during recovery.

now, if this is a bug, then please fix the bug, but if it’s not a bug, and i imagine it’s not, then please make parry que. you can’t in any way tell when the recovery time is over, so this guessing when to click right mouse button is extremely annoying.

it should be that when you click right mouse before you’re able to parry, you keep it clicked, it automatically parries as soon as it is able to parry. that’s not what’s happening.

• You can’t parry with ranged weapons.

• with Javelins you can. well, you use the Buckler for parry.

• @Deadpan:

with Javelins you can. well, you use the Buckler for parry.

That’s blocking.

• @Deadpan:

so, i heard about recovery parry, but after a throw, there’s no parry during recovery.

It not a bug, its annoying though.

Stick with short spears, not sure if the javelineer will ever get some love.

• You are suppose to be left vulnerable during the recovery. If you could block during recovery/reload phase of a Spear Throw. It would make Javelineers more powerful than what they already are against other Archers.

• @wildwulfy:

You are suppose to be left vulnerable during the recovery. If you could block during recovery/reload phase of a Spear Throw. It would make Javelineers more powerful than what they already are against other Archers.

pffffhhhh

javelineer is a chasm behind a warbow archer.

• How about this suggested fix:

If you throw a spear and have to block immediately, you can block, but it delays reloading until you’re done blocking. You cannot throw up a block after the first until you’ve reloaded. Maybe add some stamina cost to do it so it’s like a panic parry.

• can’t block immediately. only passive block. press right mouse button, nothing happens till recovery is done.

and for everyone else, i’m clearly not saying you should be able to block, but that the block command should que to commence after recovery, rather than having to spam the right mouse button which is just horrible, awkward and nasty.

• @wildwulfy:

You are suppose to be left vulnerable during the recovery. If you could block during recovery/reload phase of a Spear Throw. It would make Javelineers more powerful than what they already are against other Archers.

Javelineers are almost completely helpless against normal archers. If by some chance, you do manage to make it to an effective range to engage, their projectiles are faster and will thus flinch you, and or kill you before yours reaches them (Also, only the normal javelin and heavy javelin one shot archers, short spears which should theoretically give you the best chance at close range, only one shot with a headshot. This is assuming the normal archer is skilled or using an xbow of course…but there is a reason you very rarely see javelins used competitively (I know maybe three high ranked players who do).

• if the projectile disappear on death bug is fixed (and i hope it will soon, that’s just so…annoying) i imagine it wouldn’t be so bad against Archers.