Archer loading then pressing Q.

• Heyhey,

So ehm… Whenever I play as an archer I always use my Warbow but the annoying part is that when I load it to look around and being able to react as fast as possible I draw my bow a lot but then release it again by using Q. Now recently I found out that when I press Q the arrow disappears… So technically I lose an arrow everytime I do that, without shooting it. So now I need to draw my secondary weapon to keep my arrow because I hate running all the way from the objective to an ammo box for another set of arrows. (It releases the bow when you draw your secondary weapon while you have it loaded.)

Is this supposed to happen or is this some strange bug?

• Yeah been logged a few times, quite annoying, I am sure it will be fixed soon.

• Hi, me again. I’m sure this has been squished already, but just in case:

In AOCPlayerController::PerformFeint():

if (!bMeleeOnly)
    	{
    		if (AOCRangeWeapon(Pawn.Weapon) != none)
    		{
    			if (Pawn.Weapon.IsInState('Reload') || Pawn.Weapon.IsInState('Hold') || Pawn.Weapon.IsInState('Windup') || Pawn.Weapon.IsInState('IronSightWindup'))
    			{
    				if (AOCWeapon_Longbow(Pawn.Weapon) != none)
    				{
    					AOCRangeWeapon(Pawn.Weapon).ClientCancelRangedAttack();
    				}
    				else
    				{
    					StartFire(Attack_Parry);
    				}
    			}
    		}
    	}

CLIENT Cancel Ranged Attack? Server still thinks it’s firing the bow. :P

• Developer

Tim already squished it (and that was, indeed, the bug). Thanks though :D

• Aha, thanks. 8-)

• If you need a quick work-around…just switch to your blade, dagger, fists or whatever. By that you cancel it without losing an arrow. :P

• @Caïtos:

So now I need to draw my secondary weapon to keep my arrow because I hate running all the way from the objective to an ammo box for another set of arrows. (It releases the bow when you draw your secondary weapon while you have it loaded.)

It might have not been one of the best explanations, but was it that awfully explained?

• Naw I was simply a lazy reader so I skipped the latter (or was it the former?) part of your post. Never fucking mind I guess. xD

• Good morning sunshine. :?