By your powers combined…

• Thrust of a claymore! (but longer)
    Slash of a quarter staff! (but longer)
    Overhead of a zweihander! (but longer(and slower))

By your powers combined, I am BRANDISTOCK!

Seriously, it’s a beast. And with recovery parries now, who needs combos for combo-feint-parry? Best teamwork weapon for a van IMO.

• They should probably slow down the thrust and LMB attacks a tad. Overhead is fine.

• Don’t forget hard to read feints.

• @lemonater47:

They should probably slow down the thrust and LMB attacks a tad. Overhead is fine.

Agreed. I don’t mind the overhead, though 1-shotting maa with head hit is maybe a little cheesy. The thrust is mainly what catches me off-guard, paritally because of its great speed, but also because the first half of its windup is ambiguous - just a raising of the arms, could be a parry.

• I thought it was completely perfect pre-patch and didn’t need any changes at all.

• @SOC:

I thought it was completely perfect pre-patch and didn’t need any changes at all.

Pre-patch I and many there’s found it to be inferior to the spear.

Now there’s a reason to use both. Both got buffed as did the fork as I recall. Feels like it. Spear vs brandistock 1v1 the spear is probably gonna win. But the brandistock against the heavier classes without a spear is amazing. An against any unsuspecting archer or MAA. The LMB and stab speed should be slowed to seperate it from the normal spear a bit. The normal spear is very good against the lighter classes. A manuverable knight will own you though as the LMb attack is useless though fast.

The fork is good against all classes but for different reasons, it overwhelms opponents. I found it reall bad pre patch for some reason. Though I hadn’t used it for about a month before the patch so I can’t really give an opinion on that.

The normal stab is also at head hieght. So it can deal the same damage as an overhead stab hue or take. Its very likely to hit the head.

You can overhead stab a vanguard then LMB him anywhere to kill. Often too fast for even many of the good players to react properly too.

Also if you out your enemy to either side of the screen then do an LMB or alt LMB you can kill then just after you windup. Very deadly.

So LMB windup needs to be slowed down quite a bit.

Though when I’m fighting any spear user I did them very easy to dck their LMB or stab attacks as they are so high. Which is fine. Their overhead stab is impossible to duck or jump. A normal weapons overhead can be ducked and jumped. As the weapon movement is diagonal downwards. The spear its height is just at the point where your body always is.

But you don’t really need to worry about ducking and jumping. They are high risk but high reward manuveres. And mouse dragging has lots to do with it and you can’t really balance that or you will make the game horrible.

I like spears. I just feel a tad to fast and powerful with a brandistock. You almost got the balance right. Make it less useful against the faster classes by slowing the LMB and stab speeds and all the spears are more or less balanced each with their own role.

Then give them shields. Or am I going too far.

• I really don’t like spear weapons, including the brandistock since the patch. Now I they have become once of the most common weapons in duels. IMO, they should not be good at 1v1. I liked them before the patch, I felt they were really good in large engagements with multiple people, but not too good in 1v1. They were balanced before the patch, TBS messed with them for no reason.
    The most ridiculous thing about the brandi is its swing damage.

• @lemonater47:

Pre-patch I and many there’s found it to be inferior to the spear.

Really? I loved it over the spear because it could reliably two shot knights, and its feints could be very hard to read. I dueled with it a lot, too, and it just felt very good to me. I could “clutch” better with the greatsword of course, but it wasn’t too bad as a solo weapon either. I even used its left click a lot on archers and MaAs, an overhead and LMB could finish off them most of the time, or even against other vanguards to catch them off guard.

Now it just feels cheap and dirty using it. :/

• @TobiwanK3nobi:

@lemonater47:

They should probably slow down the thrust and LMB attacks a tad. Overhead is fine.

Agreed. I don’t mind the overhead, though 1-shotting maa with head hit is maybe a little cheesy. The thrust is mainly what catches me off-guard, paritally because of its great speed, but also because the first half of its windup is ambiguous - just a raising of the arms, could be a parry.

Yeah the animation for that thrust is pretty non-descript. I think the knockback along with the thrust and lmb need to be toned down. The poor fork, I hope it has a place one day.

• @SOC:

I thought it was completely perfect pre-patch and didn’t need any changes at all.

I thought it was near perfect pre patch as well. I don’t mind the overhead and thrust changes but the super saiyen fast slash was not needed.

• As far as I know, the balance council pretty wholely disagrees with the current brandistock changes. Perhaps someone can correct me.

• @Derpasaur:

As far as I know, the balance council pretty wholely disagrees with the current brandistock changes. Perhaps someone can correct me.

It would be interesting to compile a list of all changes in the recent patch which the Balance Council consensus was against.

• Are you the guy who made the “inspiration” texture pack for Minecraft?

• I encountered the biggest noob today in an FFA Duel server who was using the Brandistock. This guy was rank 42, and literally all he did in order to top the scoreboards was open every fight with a feinted or double-feinted stab, which is so deceiving that even without feints it can be hard to block sometimes. But to back up this almost-guaranteed free hit, he’d continually follow up with quick little lmb slashes. Not only were the slashes lighting quick, but they did a shit ton of damage as well. Combine the gay stab feinting, the OP slash and the general skill of a rank 42, and you have an almost unbeatable player due to bullshit tactics and weapon choice. Remember, vanguard also has all that extra range and knockback since the last past.

• If you know he’s going to feint, just abuse and punish his habits and interrupt him.

• @FPSOtsal:

Are you the guy who made the “inspiration” texture pack for Minecraft?

Yeah.

• @SOC:

If you know he’s going to feint, just abuse and punish his habits and interrupt him.

If you know he’s going to feint, he’s an amateur that probably only uses flash feints anyways.