Greatsword - Part of the release still counts as windup

• So… I often asked myself why people could interrupt my attacks even when I’m already in release. Windup over, so they shouldn’t interrupt me. But they do. I’m playing the greatsword.
    So… now I’ve noticed, if the enemy has the greatsword, I can do this crap, too! I interrupt his attack right AFTER his windup. Oh and I also can interrupt their charge attacks and they can interrupt mine. And I looked at the pings. Mine is usually 20-50, depending on the server. I don’t think it’s latency. Happens in singleplayer, too.

What I also noticed: When my (or the enemy’s) blade is already moving forward, it doesn’t do any damage during that part of the release that seems to be bugged.

So I would like TBS to look into that matter. I may be wrong but I’m absolutely sure that I’m not.

Again: It does not just happen to me. I can do this to the other greatsword wielders, too!

Regards
    Peter

• Well that explains my charge attacks being flinched when they were supposed to.

• @lemonater47:

Well that explains my charge attacks being flinched when they were supposed to.

Charge attacks are not supposed to be flinched.

• @Peter:

@lemonater47:

Well that explains my charge attacks being flinched when they were supposed to.

Charge attacks are not supposed to be flinched.

Stupid iPhones.

Mean to say weren’t.

Miss out the damn apostrophe or something and it changes it to the complete opposite word I want to say.

• @Peter:

So… I often asked myself why people could interrupt my attacks even when I’m already in release. Windup over, so they shouldn’t interrupt me. But they do. I’m playing the greatsword.
    So… now I’ve noticed, if the enemy has the greatsword, I can do this crap, too! I interrupt his attack right AFTER his windup. Oh and I also can interrupt their charge attacks and they can interrupt mine. And I looked at the pings. Mine is usually 20-50, depending on the server. I don’t think it’s latency. Happens in singleplayer, too.

What I also noticed: When my (or the enemy’s) blade is already moving forward, it doesn’t do any damage during that part of the release that seems to be bugged.

So I would like TBS to look into that matter. I may be wrong but I’m absolutely sure that I’m not.

Again: It does not just happen to me. I can do this to the other greatsword wielders, too!

Regards
    Peter

I kinda also noticed this. Though it’s hard to put a finger on it while in the heat of battle.

• Pretty sure this happens with a lot of weapons, too. I’ve gotten interrupted mid-release on a good number of attacks.

Is that a latency issue?

• It is not only with greatsword, happens to many other weapons. Most often, I use zweihander and it happens to me. And yes, I notice that I am able to flinch other people in their release too. Saved my life many times. I guess it is not weapon based, only zweihander and greatsword are slow enough for it to be noticed clearly.

I highly doubt it is latency related… that would make sense if it happened only to self because the opponent would in fact be a little faster than the client thinks, so the client plays animation prematurely but the server tells him he was hit before that anyway, so the flinch plays.
    However there is no way this can work the other way, the server can’t tell your client that you hit earlier than you actually did.