Chivalry has very bad FPS

• Hey, i recently bought this game because it was on sale and CanYouRunIt.com said i can run it. Although, i CAN run it i only get MAX 20 fps. These are my specs:
    Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
    3.1 GB RAM
    Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition (build 7600), 64-bit
    GeForce GT 520

I am thinking of upgrading my computer, but what should i upgrade to run Chivalry at like 30-40 FPS? This is my favourite game, but i keep dying because of the lag. :(

• Upgrade it all.

You want at least 4GB of RAM,
    a new 2.8GHz quad intel CPU or quad 3.0GHz AMD CPU,
    An Nvidia 550 or above or an AMD 6750 or above.

Minimum.

• Your video card is the only thing you have to replace to get playable FPS. Put a GTX 560 or GTX 660 in there and you should get 60 fps.

The CPU is getting old but will probably keep up for another year or two. You could try overclocking it a little, the Q6600 was great for OC. Bump it up to 2.8 Ghz.

• Your video card is the only thing you have to replace to get playable FPS. Put a GTX 560 or GTX 660 in there and you should get 60 fps.

The CPU is getting old but will probably keep up for another year or two. You could try overclocking it a little, the Q6600 was great for OC. Bump it up to 2.8 Ghz.

Do not listen to this guy. Replacing your vid card wont help a great deal, not with your current CPU. Your CPU is very weak for this game. Even overclocking it wont help a great deal.

I have a 560ti and a phenom 955be (at stock) and my CPU struggles to keep up with my card, in fact the CPU is often holding back the video card.

Basically the bottom line is, you need to upgrade it all if you want a solid 50+ fps.

• Its all the CPU.

I have an i5 3570k and an AMD 5670. I play on a mixture o settings with level of detail and character detail on high and can get 50 FPs on some maps. Dark forest I get lowest 25. In my videos you can see what my game looks like (can’t see FPS as YouTube is capped at 30) and that’s with an older mid range card. (Actually my 5670 is the discontinued 5690, stopped development after realising that there isn’t that much of a gap between a 5670 and a 5750. My card benches closer to a 5750 than a standard 5670. Its GDDR5 1GB and clocked at 795MHz instead of 775MHz as well as a few other increases. The stashed 5670 is DDR3 and 512MB).

When running chivalry you can open the task manager go to processes and did the chivalry process. UDK3 I think its called. It will be using the most memory so its not hard to find. Right click on it and click on “change priority”. Set the priority on high from normal. Its not much of a boost but it can help.