Talking while moving?

• Hey all,

Just wondering if it could be implemented that the chat function could work while moving?

In games like Counter-Strike, if I’ve just spawned or something and have a while before I get somewhere I often keep moving and with my other hand press the talk key and type the message and it works fine. Not sure if it’s even possible using Unreal engine but just a suggestion.

Not sure how many others do this, I do it quite often - would be cool to see it possible!

Cheers!

• I’m not sure but couldn’t there be an auto-run function?

F.e. you press toggle and your character moves automatically with regular speed forward.

• Yeah that could work. I wonder if I can bind them through console or something? One key for auto-run and one for sprint.

• A better solution would be if you open up the chat box while moving it will autorun you in that direction while it is open.

• We had that at one point (granted it was a bug) and I personally found it very annoying but I can see the situations where it would be useful.

• What is the reason behind finding it annoying?

It’s not like it takes away from the gameplay, pressing the key to move forward in long maps is a pain anyway, so it could prove usefull in that area too.

• Hold W, press chat button release W and you will keep running while maintaining full mouse control is something I’d be very fond of.

• In what way was it annoying? Maybe have an option for that if possible? I’d really like it :)

Off topic, but there needs to be incentive to be the one doing the objectives! People just kill and the cart/door never gets completed!

• @RatcHeT:

In what way was it annoying? Maybe have an option for that if possible? I’d really like it :)

Off topic, but there needs to be incentive to be the one doing the objectives! People just kill and the cart/door never gets completed!

Points for objectives are coming soon.

• Maybe this is a little off topic, but i’m surprised Strudel hasn’t jumped in about that v-comms thing he keeps mentioning.