Making chivalry a better place,One duel at a time

• Making chivalry a better place,One duel/death at a time.
    So i was on a duel server,and this new guy had a hard time winning duels,so he asked me to let him win,i felt really bad for him,so i let him kill me :D . i am not a faggot,i just felt bad for him :(
    I think we should all be more acceptive of new players,and help them in any way we can,even if it means sacrificing our precious K:D ratio on duel servers. ( i don’t really care about my K:D :D )
    Yes i know it can be enraging to get tk’d,etc,but by giving them advice and tips,they are less likely to just swing around blindly.
    Would love to see more contributions similar to this. :)
    I think it could make the community seem more open and welcoming.

http://i.imgur.com/bhCBAVe.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/ZpLYnr0.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/a6eozXx.jpg

P.S I know the little heart i drew is horrible :D !

• I don’t get it.

You letting him kill you allows him to grow and get better?

• Um… No… you did not help him in anyway other than pamper his precious self esteem. What you did accomplish is giving a starving man a fish but failed to teach him how to fish.

What you should have done is teach him some techniques to make him better instead of feel better. You should have taught him what your weaknesses are so that he could exploit them and in turn that would have actually helped you in learning how to overcome them.

So while you are all about feeling good about what you have done, you have actually failed both him and yourself because it would have made you both better players.

• @Retsnom:

Um… No… you did not help him in anyway other than pamper his precious self esteem. What you did accomplish is giving a starving man a fish but failed to teach him how to fish.

What you should have done is teach him some techniques to make him better instead of feel better. You should have taught him what your weaknesses are so that he could exploit them and in turn that would have actually helped you in learning how to overcome them.

So while you are all about feeling good about what you have done, you have actually failed both him and yourself because it would have made you both better players.

Dude you are so negative.
    The guy bought the game 2 days ago,so i don’t think he is anywhere near to beating me,since he politely asked,i gave him what he wanted and probably made him feel better.
    I usually do give tips to the new players,but in duel mode servers it’s hard to teach anyone anything.
    And this was a kinda joke/funny post,so if you have to be a douche,go be a douche somewhere else.True definition of haters gonna hate.
    Also i figured out one thing,this forum is so hate filled,that even if it was spurting out gold,people would complain that it isn’t diamonds.

• He’s right though. The only thing I saw in those screenshots that could come close to a “tip” would be “why would you jump in the water” and it’s not a very good one at that.

• You need a hug Shard? Maybe a pat on the back for being loving and caring person? Please, if he was truly that much of a noob then he really could have benefited from you knowledge and skills instead of just fning him from behind and you giving him the courtesy of a reach around.

I am not negative, I am pointing out the foolhardiness of your actions. You didnt do anything but stroke his ego, then you come on here and go "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! Look at what I did!

Almost every time I see a noob struggling, instead of letting them just kill me, I stop playing and give them tips and tricks to speed up their improvement. There have been times when I have had an entire server stop playing and watch the tips and tricks I was giving them and after a map or two of teaching them, they became much better players, harder to kill, more of a challenge and they all thanked me for the lessons.

So get mad at me all you like but you know I am right. Thanks for keeping a noob down.

• You teach them by murdering them.

That’s how you learn.

FFA is a better environment to learn in then duel mode.

• @lemonater47:

Depends on the person.

• @NoVaLombardia:

@lemonater47:

Depends on the person.

Well, you generally learn faster.

Though it can teach some people to spam LMB. It has its drawbacks.

• It’s cool shard but been nice to new ppl is not what makes them stick to a game. That guy like so many other will be gone in a month because of (insert one of many reasons here) everyone is right the best way to learn is to lose and if they keep coming back…then they want to learn and Then offer advice.

Other than that I personally help noone unless there consistent.

• @Shard:

Making chivalry a better place,One duel/death at a time.
    So i was on a duel server,and this new guy had a hard time winning duels,so he asked me to let him win,i felt really bad for him,so i let him kill me :D . i am not a faggot,i just felt bad for him :(
    I think we should all be more acceptive of new players,and help them in any way we can,even if it means sacrificing our precious K:D ratio on duel servers. ( i don’t really care about my K:D :D )
    Yes i know it can be enraging to get tk’d,etc,but by giving them advice and tips,they are less likely to just swing around blindly.
    Would love to see more contributions similar to this. :)
    I think it could make the community seem more open and welcoming.

http://i.imgur.com/bhCBAVe.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/ZpLYnr0.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/a6eozXx.jpg

P.S I know the little heart i drew is horrible :D !

I know what you mean. And I’m doing what you mentioned. I always say: Stop that lmb span and use overheads and stabs when friends are near. But unfortunately only 0.00001% of the newbies even listen to that. They don’t care.
    And if someone wants me to let him kill me… now way! I don’t care for my K/D but that won’t help him. You best help them telling them tactics, so they can practice those tactics and get some REAL kills.
    When I was a newbie noone let me kill him. I got lucky kills sometimes… That encouraged me. And I learned from my deaths.
    When I was lvl 0 noone thought: “Awww poor newbie… Let’s not feint him and let’s not mousedrag on him.”
    If that had been the case, I would still be running around getting killed by every lvl 8 guy while being lvl 29 myself.

• Oh that’s sweet shard ;)

• @lemonater47:

You teach them by murdering them.

That’s how you learn.

But i couldn’t even kill him,when he was about to face me,he would jump in the water :( .
    So i felt bad for him.

• @Retsnom:

Um… No… you did not help him in anyway other than pamper his precious self esteem. What you did accomplish is giving a starving man a fish but failed to teach him how to fish.

haha well said, and bragging about giving the starving man a fish too

• well, what experienced players COULD do if they are playing in pools of duel servers is maybe go all out on the first round, and if you notice that your opponent is a noob or you just obliterated them, the next round you can go easy. That is, don’t strike as often, let them strike at you more but you yourself still block, et cetera… Just letting the duel go longer so they can get more experience.

• @Najo:

It’s cool shard but been nice to new ppl is not what makes them stick to a game.

Maybe, maybe not.
    But stomping them, laughing and telling them they suck will likely make them quit…

Sadly lotsa people use the internet to annoy others, probably because theyre to afraid to open their mouth in real life…

• Yeah I get it. I feel bad for them in moore ffa servers I now get insane kd ratio. Pretty much all players are below rank 10 which means they just dont stand a chance 1 on 1 or even 2 vs 1. 30-1 25-0 40-3 all the time. Its gets boring pretty fast and its not very fun when everyone has a negative k/d ratio. :|

• Should have stabbed him in the neck and told him “no begging”

• @Shard:

@lemonater47:

You teach them by murdering them.

That’s how you learn.

But i couldn’t even kill him,when he was about to face me,he would jump in the water :( .
    So i felt bad for him.

Awww =3

He didn’t seem to appreciate it, but nice gesture Shard