Projectiles - Throwing axe, knives, smokepots

• The throwing weapons are like throwing a heavy water baloon now.

Firepots awesome… everything else is crud.

• They are still fine.

Why suddenly bring this up way after patch.

• they’re FINE?! you apparently don’t play the same game as I. You throw them up like as far as you can and they drop down to the ground after like 10 feet. This wasn’t post patch, i think this is a hotfix thing that came after the patch. They’re definitely nerfed on range now…

go play the game. you’re always on forum.

• @clayton-bigsby:

they’re FINE?! you apparently don’t play the same game as I. You throw them up like as far as you can and they drop down to the ground after like 10 feet. This wasn’t post patch, i think this is a hotfix thing that came after the patch. They’re definitely nerfed on range now…

go play the game. you’re always on forum.

Oh that.

I don’t try and cross map people.

I use mine at a much closer range.

Its happened with arrows too. The speed drop off has been increased massively.

• it doesn’t matter, even at closer to mid range they drop off way more than they used to and it’s not necessary. Now they have like nothing behind them it’s like i’m trying to throw them left handed or some shit. Not necessary. Bow arrows fine… but why would firepots be fine cross map… and the knives and axes get girl throw speeds?

• You sure it actually changed, the range was always pretty limited.

• yea, projectiles were said to have slowed “~10-20%”.

But i don’t need stats to confirm this, i can see it with my eyes. I have many hours in game, and i’ve ALWAYS used the axes/knives and they are certainly dropping way sooner than before.

• Lemonater, the absolute #1 Shitposter on Chivalry forums. I GOT HIGH POST COUNT SO MY OPINIONS ARE VALID.

OP, I’ve also noticed this. Not only with throwing knives but also throwing axes. It’s pissing me off.
    Where there any patch notes about this even?

• I noticed, that the range of throwing weapons has been lowered, too. But I don’t think it’s any bad. At first I used throwing hatchets but changed to throwing knifes now. I think the throwing knifes were able to go too far before this fix. It was SO easy when playing hillside as agatha, giving the ballistaguy cover from archers. Just aim a LITTLE bit over the archers head and throw. And I’m not talking about even ground. You know the ballista downstairs? Archers from the wall like to shoot the people there. And pre-fix it was just too easy to get those archers with throwing knifes down there. Now, they are an ACTUAL pain in the ass and more teamwork is needed.

• @-Thylacine-:

Lemonater, the absolute #1 Shitposter on Chivalry forums. I GOT HIGH POST COUNT SO MY OPINIONS ARE VALID.

OP, I’ve also noticed this. Not only with throwing knives but also throwing axes. It’s pissing me off.
    Where there any patch notes about this even?

Opinions are opinions. Anyones opinion is valid. You can’t have an invalid opinion.

You can disagree with other people’s opinions.

All projectiles (including arrows) seem to slow down to a horizontal speed of zero. Meaning they go vertically downwards after a while.

I remember seeing a change for the minimum or end speed (forgot what its called) for the slings. That was adjusted. But it wasn’t adjusted to zero and that’s what’s happening.

It also means that projectiles can go very slowly and hit targets doing their damage. I once saw an arrow near the end of its flight going so slow explode someone he’s just by tapping it.

At least for throwables you can almost always pick them up again. So if you do throw short you can pick then up again. Provided your target isn’t running towards you.

In fact you can get interesting results with throwing weapons now. I once got 6 knives thrown at me. First three missed but the forth knife hit me and he just pulled it outta my body and threw it at me two more times. I also ended up throwing axes at a tower shield knight for 30 seconds. Until the catapult wanted to play too. Just some random who kept his shield up an I kept trying to find a way around hi shield. Didn’t hit him once.

Anyway the horizontal speed of ranged weapons shouldn’t end up as zero. The air is not water.

• @clayton-bigsby:

yea, projectiles were said to have slowed “~10-20%”.

But i don’t need stats to confirm this, i can see it with my eyes. I have many hours in game, and i’ve ALWAYS used the axes/knives and they are certainly dropping way sooner than before.

The inconsistency screwed things up. At one point you’re used to one projectile speed, and then you get used to another.

It’s just psychological. Pretty sure they are back to where they were before.

• @NoVaLombardia:

@clayton-bigsby:

The inconsistency screwed things up. At one point you’re used to one projectile speed, and then you get used to another.

They used to have good arcs. Now they just fall straight down after a while.

The initial speed might be the same. And when your close range like I mostly an you don’t notice a thing.

• @NoVaLombardia:

@clayton-bigsby:

I don’t think so, you don’t really notice as much short range, but mid range especially you do notice it, and when you go for those hail mary’s that could have once hit people from long range although hard to do. I used to be able to very luckily even hit people at pretty far range, i think i have a video of an AMAZING maa shot on citadel stairs. You can notice now though that the dropoff is much more significant.

This doesn’t really hurt the gameplay immensely, but it certainly takes some of the fun out. LIke i said smokepots… they drop like a water baloon now. The throwing axes and knives just drop off after a short disatance, so when you see it go out, you’re on target then all of a sudden they drop and hit the ground where normally it would hit closer to the head. You can especially notice when throwing uphill or to an elevated target.

Trust me man, i’ve ALWAYS loved using the throwing weapons and i’d say i’m decently effective with them, and i feel i can notice a change. You need to have a bit more range when it’s the only thing stopping you from getting hit by an archers arrow at range other than running around like a chicken.

• They do seem to drop pretty quickly now. But I feel that reliably effective projectile weapons are bad for gameplay anyway so I don’t mind it, each class having a good chance of dealing risk free damage is no fun.

• so only archers and maa should have this?