Duel Mode is Ruined

• Credentials:
    *6000 total duels played
    *65% win ratio before patch

Problem:

It has come to my attention through extensive game-play since patch that certain play-styles are dominant in an unbalanced manner.

The following play-styles are unbalanced:

2 handed spam - Stamina Drain

Before patch. Not a problem. After patch, a massive problem.

Play-style description: Pick a vanguard 2 handed sword. Any of them. Proceed to maintain operational distance from your target using attacks. If target gets into melee range, parry their attack or just let them feint to ensure they die faster from stamina drain. Proceed to then continue to kite and thrust/stab until target is dead from stamina drain while ensuring they can’t get a hit on you unless you’re careless.

This particular tactic works best with the weapons with longest reach like Zwei and brandistock. Claymore works slightly differently but effectively causes the same issues.

Before you say, Chivalry is not balanced around duel mode… I’d just like to say that I am now institutionalized to duel mode. Team play doesn’t exist to me and FFA is about as skilful and intelligent as attaching two fake eyes to the back of your head in the attempt to see all around you at the same time.

Thanks for listening.

(PS. This problem would be solved by un-nerfing the saber).

• And this ruins the whole duel mode for you? Seriously…
    First of all: That problem exists in every gamemode.
    And second:This has nothing, and really NOTHING to do with the gamemode.
    Or do you think Teammodes are ruined too, because now it’s even worse if TWO vanguards are smashing on your shield until your stamina is down?

Yes, the staminadrain is too much, but if you had read the forums you would’ve seen that there already is a thread about that.
    So this thread is about the same problem, so it’s useless. And your title really let’s us think that there was some bug or whatever in duel mode.

• @Peter:

And this ruins the whole duel mode for you? Seriously…
    First of all: That problem exists in every gamemode.
    And second:This has nothing, and really NOTHING to do with the gamemode.
    Or do you think Teammodes are ruined too, because now it’s even worse if TWO vanguards are smashing on your shield until your stamina is down?

Yes, the staminadrain is too much, but if you had read the forums, there is already a thread about that.
    So this thread is about the same problem, so it’s useless. And your title really let’s us think that there was some bug or whatever in duel mode.

First of all: I don’t play other game modes. I assumed that team work would solve the problem in team modes.
    Second of all: It has a lot to do with the game mode because it’s 1 v 1. It destroys the game mode because it’s a tactic which you can’t win against. Doomed if you block, doomed if you don’t block.
    Third of all: This problem is specific to duel mode because in other team modes, there are a variety of classes that can save you from this fate. For a start, that heavy crossbowman over there loves your uncovered Vanguard body. You shouldn’t be acting alone in team mode.

• No. Everything you said is rubbish. Any Vanguard unless he is extremely gifted and u don’t tend to meet many gifted ones too often in duel servers are more than manageable……

Stop crying and go figure it out.

• @Najo:

No. Everything you said is rubbish. Any Vanguard unless he is extremely gifted and u don’t tend to meet many gifted ones too often in duel servers are more than manageable……

Ah Najo, the finest 1 handed knight user in the land.

Unfortunately, I’m not as skilled as you are. I wish I could handle them the way you do with serenity and grace. Unfortunately I’m a mere mortal holding a reasonably weak sword by comparison to you.

I wish I could fight like you do but I’m so frustrated by these tactics that I have finally come to the forum to whine.

I’d like some cheese with that whine now please.

• @trooper:

@Najo:

No. Everything you said is rubbish. Any Vanguard unless he is extremely gifted and u don’t tend to meet many gifted ones too often in duel servers are more than manageable……

Ah Najo, the finest 1 handed knight user in the land.

Unfortunately, I’m not as skilled as you are. I wish I could handle them the way you do with serenity and grace. Unfortunately I’m a mere mortal holding a reasonably weak sword by comparison to you.

I wish I could fight like you do but I’m so frustrated by these tactics that I have finally come to the forum to whine.

I’d like some cheese with that whine now please.

yeah listen go into the game and figure it out. If u cant after 6k duels then this is as good as it gets for u (maybe) dont come and confuse ppl more about balance because u personally cant handle it…Vanguard on a wholeis stupidly underpowered if u have a shield… I recommend picking one up

• Stop being so arrogant, Najo.

OP, you need to develop ways to deal with this. It really isn’t that difficult to make someone miss. Work on your footwork and learn to duck or matrix.

• yeah listen go into the game and figure it out. If u cant after 6k duels then this is as good as it gets for u (maybe) dont come and confuse ppl more about balance because u personally cant handle it…Vanguard on a wholeis stupidly underpowered if u have a shield… I recommend picking one up

dear najo,

i have zero respect for you, and your ill-stated opinion. pitiful e-thug.

• I feint those bastards who try and do that to me. And I riposte all their attacks so they can spam.

I’ll suck if I can too.

That’s one of the easiest strategies in the book. And the zwei is so slow. People who use that get owned.

Brandistock has lethal and fast LMB swings and a fast stab that’s often a headshot. But that’s he weapons problem. It got over buffed.

This is so nothing to do with game mode. Just 1v1 in general.

Rather than complain that others are better than you think of ways to adapt and beat them. They are using a stamina intensive stratagy. Make them miss.

• @Bloodhead:

Stop being so arrogant, Najo.

OP, you need to develop ways to deal with this. It really isn’t that difficult to make someone miss. Work on your footwork and learn to duck or matrix.

Ducking and matrixing are garnish. It just sounds to me more like the OP needs a more solid basis in the basics of timing and range etc.

Anyway, I could be wrong. He complains about the brandistock and it IS way too strong at the moment. You see, the real solution here would be to see some gameplay footage of the OP playing (or if chiv had a replay system). That would actually help us get to the problem.

EDIT: Lemonater, wtf is up with the way you format your post. Giant gaps everywhere :?

• @Pan:

@Bloodhead:

Stop being so arrogant, Najo.

Ducking and matrixing are garnish. It just sounds to me more like the OP needs a more solid basis in the basics of timing and range etc.

Anyway, I could be wrong. He complains about the brandistock and it IS way too strong at the moment. You see, the real solution here would be to see some gameplay footage of the OP playing (or if chiv had a replay system). That would actually help us get to the problem.

EDIT: Lemonater, wtf is up with the way you format your post. Giant gaps everywhere :?

A long time ago I got raged at for not spacing out what I say.

Now I do it too much.

• @trooper:

2 handed spam - Stamina Drain

Seems more like a problem with your playstyle.
    Either you waste stamina without “sell” (like feinting a lot without getting a hit in) or your timing is off meaning you fail to interrupt them or have to panic parry a lot.

Stamina is a big factor in duels and good stamina management makes the difference between a very long fenching sequence and you getting stunned at the third exchange. There are also a lot of tricks you can use to kill your enemy before you run out of stamina.

• The Kiting vanguard is very easy to kill.

For some reason in your 6000 duels you haven’t learned how to deal with them yet. There are multiple.

• @OP

ah, i see duel mode is no different from every other mode.

• Duel isn’t ruined. The author just sucks.

• @lllAnteklll:

Duel isn’t ruined. The author just sucks.

e-thug

• @magilla:

@lllAnteklll:

e-thug

You seriously need a temp ban.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@magilla:

@lllAnteklll:

e-thug

I need a temp ban, or the previous author? I shouldn’t be allowed to respond to his post? That sort of posting does absolutely nothing for the community or the retainage of new players. If you have a parasite, it needs to be treated, or picked off.

Sorry for defending myself preemptively if you were aiming at the other poster.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@magilla:

@lllAnteklll:

e-thug

Well he’s not wrong.

6000 duels and be hasn’t learnt to cope with zweihander 1v1s. I mean come on.

• Probably one of the biggest issues with this game. You can’t just say he should be good because of time invested. You might swing at thousands of baseballs and still suck ass at swinging a bat. The game has a problem with retainage because people put so many hours in, and inherently suck. It takes timing, patience, precision, and a lot of people just can’t learn those things on their own. But most of the community doesn’t even help. They just tell them they suck, and the people quit.