I *HATED* levelling-up all the weapons, but now I *MISS* it

• Talk about conflicted feelings! Some weapons were an absolute chore to level-up. Getting 75 kills with the Fork took me a hella long time. The Fork has 1 lousy swing, no reach & no damage. I swear people looked pissed that I would even come at them with the Fork. If I was lucky, I could sorta corner someone and scratch at them desperately with it. Or I’d run up and steal someone else’s kill with it. I honestly don’t know how I got enough kills with it–I must have played on all-n00b games. Does anyone seriously use the Fork for fun?

But the worst weapon for me was the Short Bow. Good God Almighty, it took me forever to get 75 kills with it. I had a hard enough time just hitting things with it–I would often just shoot into a pack of people and hope for the best. Many times, I’d luck out and hit someone, but it wasn’t enough to kill them… then they’d hunt me down and kill me quickly. Frustrating! On rare occasions, I’d get a 1-shot, 1-kill… and it was so very, very rewarding… but few and far between. If I could get 3-5 kills every 30 minutes with the short bow, that was doing good for me.

But now that I’ve leveled-up all weapons, I find myself kinda bored and directionless. Where I once hated it, now I kinda miss it. Does anybody else feel like that? Should I go back to the short bow to remind myself how bad it used to be? lol. I kinda wish there was more stuff to level-up. Share your thoughts on the leveling up process!

• You didn’t have to use the fork or shortbow.
    You could use the first weapon in that tier, the spear or longbow to get kills.

• I hate the festering pile that Call of Duty has become, but…

I agree with you, and I think there should be some kind of prestige. Maybe at least one to unlock more equipment when the customization comes out. Although above poster is right.

• @tempchar1:

You didn’t have to use the fork or shortbow.

Oh my God, seriously? I didn’t have to use the short bow or fork? I don’t know whether I should laugh or cry. :o

• The short bow is a terrifying weapon in the hands of a skilled bow archer. It is definitely not a ‘noob’ weapon, though.

• @tempchar1:

You didn’t have to use the fork or shortbow.

TEMPCHAR! My old crossbow buddy! Ah, the rage we used to cause…

I really miss leveling the weapons too. The daggers and straight bows were hell. And the javelins. The crossbows seemed easier, as I remember.

• @BillDoor:

The short bow is a terrifying weapon in the hands of a skilled bow archer. It is definitely not a ‘noob’ weapon, though.

Word! I am level 25, but I have been schooled a few times in Duel by guys with a-m-a-z-i-n-g archery skills. I am probably the game’s worst archer with the short bow. lol. I did much better with the crossbows, which pack a harder hit. Still, I am happiest as a Vanguard with a Claymore, and I promise not to go shooting any more arrows anytime soon.

• Unlock/progression systems should be abolished from all games. Gameplay is all that matters.

• I miss it, greatly.

• Still, I am happiest as a Vanguard with a Claymore

happiest as a Vanguard with a Claymore

Vanguard with a Claymore

Claymore

Oh I bet you are… I bet you are ;)

• Easy fix for this. Simply show progress to the next rank.

Basic psychology, feeling you’re already invested in something, will encourage you to continue with it, especially where you can see and understand how much work there is yet to go.

• I have an idea for you: Every time you play, choose random class and random weapon :) It will be fun. Or play some time with the sling, quarterstaff, poleaxe or flail. You can also try to get all Steam achievements.
    Play on this server to get 100 kills with the fists and obtain “Fists of Fury” achivement.

I also have everything unlocked. It was the hardest for me to unlock all daggers. I was also hating bows and crossbows, but after I unlocked them all, I’ve liked them. Now I just play as my favourite class with my favourite weapon - Knight with the bearded axe. And enjoy the game, trying to be as good as possible.

• lol

I know how you feel !!!

It was a fun time in Chivalry, man I was constantly going to class window to see how far I got.

It was so frustrating when a server would not increment me.

Good old days.

• Lol yesterday some guy said he needed 5 more light crossbow kills. I told him that you could use the normal crossbow. He said I was lying. He gets one kill with the normal crossbow and checks his progression.

“FUCKSHDJSISNDISHSISEJSNSISLASPENSISNELSS”

He spawns with me and promptly shoots his steam freind is the back of the head finishes him off with his cudgel and then ragequits. It was the funniest thing ever. It was his steam freind so it was alright. And according to his freind he had logged outta steam too. Probably turned his computer off.

• lol lemon chivalry makes people rage more than any game on earth because it is so upfront and personal

• I had everything unlocked my first weekend into the game, I completely forget the game even has unlocks until someone brings it up. It’s completely arbitrary to me, the only “progression” in this game is your own skill level, and thats one of the reasons I love it. Play to get better not to unlock shit.

• @HandsomeHodge:

I had everything unlocked my first weekend into the game, I completely forget the game even has unlocks until someone brings it up. It’s completely arbitrary to me, the only “progression” in this game is your own skill level, and thats one of the reasons I love it. Play to get better not to unlock shit.

Oath! I’m paying subtle attention to my progressive improvement in skills with every game. From my very first kill to the most recent, I feel the improvement, especially with reflexes and judgement. Unlocking things is just another thing to be equally excited about haha but not an absolute focus.