This is a great game, but…

• Hello, first I want to congratulate TORN BANNER for making this great game, fun, intense and very serious! I spend a lot of hours playing with friends and never tire, scenarios are amazing.
    However, there are three things that in my opinion it could improve or add:

• More amazing maps

• That all maps can be played in the way all against all, and all against all team

• The path and navigation system of bots is very bad, often remain caught, which is a shame because they can be very useful to train or rehearse things

thanks!!

• It’s known among all Chivalry veterans that Torn Banner don’t really care for fixing the game other than changing fully working mechanics and making weapons absurdly OP.

But I agree with what you said.
    Btw it’s called Free for all. Not All vs all.

edit: Which maps, exactly, are unable to be FFA/TDM? Explain

• @-Thylacine-:

It’s known among all Chivalry veterans that Torn Banner don’t really care for fixing the game other than changing fully working mechanics and making weapons absurdly OP.

Sucks because it’s true. :/ Pro Mod’s great but can’t pubstomp noobs on it since noobs don’t download it. :(

I think before they start adding more maps and content, they really need to focus on bug fixing and balance. There’s still bugs like Mason kite shields not showing on player model backs and the catapult having fast short clicks that have been around way too long.

• Well there are a few maps that the devs must have thought were not suited for one or the other. But when you’ve played five hundred or a thousand hours on the current maps even playing FFA on ArgonsWall would be a nice change. :P

• @dudeface:

Well there are a few maps that the devs must have thought were not suited for one or the other. But when you’ve played five hundred or a thousand hours on the current maps even playing FFA on ArgonsWall would be a nice change. :P

I thought you could play pretty much all modes on those garbage maps? Atleast LTS and TDM works on Argonswall.

btw i know what you mean SOC Lol. I went on promod and was enjoying it, however duelling rank 46+ people gets boring and frustrating and unchill very fast. I too wish I could pubstomp bad players in it :(

• And thank FUCK all those annoying glitchers and abusers are gone bashing their own heads in with the “Promod”.

So I can go own 99% of the players in the shitty vanilla version of this game without being annoyed by them. GO PROMOD, you rule! :P

• @TheUndying:

And thank FUCK all those annoying glitchers and abusers are gone bashing their own heads in with the “Promod”.

So I can go own 99% of the players in the shitty vanilla version of this game without being annoyed by them. GO PROMOD, you rule! :P

your brain, and who you are in general, make me sad

• Well PRO mod has too many exploits and bugs right now imho.

Its very fun for 1v1s but for live to be as fun only a couple things need to be changed. Its not about the balance of the weapons. Its not being allowed to move around as much and have less control over your swings. Like you can’t feint deep into your windup so it gets pretty hard to feint out of hitting a teammate. Or you can’t immediately sprint out of the way of an attack, or the bubble can push you back arbitrarily from time to time. Its the higher level mechanics that got removed that bothers me. If those mechanics got brought back the game would be perfect imo. Without them 1v1 duels feel super hollow, its more about what class + weapon vs class + weapon and whoever has the best combination has a massive advantage. As opposed to individual players fighting each other with their choice of weapon with no massive advantage to either side, even an archer could go up against a knight and have a fairly reasonable chance in melee.

Thats what made it fun, class warfare is just really unsatisfying because it takes skill out of the equation. It gives me no incentive to get better, it just makes me want to switch to a different class based on my situation and that makes putting 500 hours into perfecting a class completely pointless. All of this only affects dedicated players, a new players will not notice anything at all, but if the dedicated players all get alienated then after the rush of newbies passes nobody will be left playing the game. :|

• @jamerth:

• More amazing maps
    • That all maps can be played in the way all against all, and all against all team

Agreed however, I am not sure they are innovative enough - I think it is smart to put the effort into the SDK instead and let the community build the maps. What is vital to that is making it very easy for anyone to join a server and play a custom map - download on the fly etc.

@jamerth:

• The path and navigation system of bots is very bad, often remain caught, which is a shame because they can be very useful to train or rehearse things

meh you soon realize bots are easy to kill. Not worth spending any more time on single player, its cool for when you want to test something or when you are a super noob but it does not add much value to the game to improve it.

• @magilla:

your brain, and who you are in general, make me sad

My goal has been reached, my mission here is done. flies away

• @zombojoe:

If those mechanics got brought back the game would be perfect imo. Without them 1v1 duels feel super hollow, its more about what class + weapon vs class + weapon and whoever has the best combination has a massive advantage. As opposed to individual players fighting each other with their choice of weapon with no massive advantage to either side, even an archer could go up against a knight and have a fairly reasonable chance in melee.

Thats what made it fun, class warfare is just really unsatisfying because it takes skill out of the equation. It gives me no incentive to get better, it just makes me want to switch to a different class based on my situation and that makes putting 500 hours into perfecting a class completely pointless.

Very well said.

• How did this thread turn into a ProMod discussion?

Let’s get back on topic.

@Jamerth

I do feel as though maps aren’t as plentiful. But with the SDK, there will be a ton of new maps to try out, once they finish. Expect it, son!

• Pro mod is good if you want long uninterrupted 1v1s.

Otherwise I’ll play live.

The last patch is alright. Too much change all at once for people. Should have been more spread out. Now they know.

There’s not much unbalanced. And it takes more skill to win when you’re not stomping noobs. Its more of a challenge. Less forgiving.

They sort of over did things a bit. According to sly they are nerfing a bit of things. Most of the things people complain about.