Next patch?

• So when is the next patch coming out? There are some glaring imbalances with the previous one that could easily be fixed with a hot-fix. I hope it won’t take another 3 months to fix these problems.

• There’s less problems now.

Slight brandistock and claymore speed reductions are in order.

Better hit detection would be nice.

Next patch so far is customisation, bug fixes and according to slygoat admin tools. Though he said that a while back (I want better admin tools).

• I think there’s way more problems now. :/ Maul needs nerfing. MaAs and archers need nerfing. Stamina changes need to happen, especially with knight shields. Shields themselves need changing. Some vanguard charge attacks can hit you and the vanguard can follow up with another free hit even before the knight can raise his shield to block it, the whole game is just really unpolished with all these changes. 2h flinch needs changing, it feels extremely inconsistent and clunky getting flinched longer now by them. Holy water sprinkler needs nerfing. All 3 spears need nerfing. Claymore needs changing. Chase mechanic needs reverting. Grunts are way out of sync. There’s a whole lot.

Last patch should’ve just slightly nerfed SoW, nerfed falchion, and gave vanguard’s new charge attack and a slight pierce resist buff so longsword didn’t two shot with an overhead + stab in torso. Bug fixes were good, but still more to go. Game would be so much better off that way.

• @SOC:

I think there’s way more problems now. :/ Maul needs nerfing. MaAs and archers need nerfing. Stamina changes need to happen, especially with knight shields. Shields themselves need changing. Some vanguard charge attacks can hit you and the vanguard can follow up with another free hit even before the knight can raise his shield to block it, the whole game is just really unpolished with all these changes. 2h flinch needs changing, it feels extremely inconsistent and clunky getting flinched longer now by them. Holy water sprinkler needs nerfing. All 3 spears need nerfing. Claymore needs changing. There’s a whole lot.

NERF EVERYTHING.

The maul is fine. Just don’t get hit. One of the easiest weapons to get outta the way of without parrying.

I can raise my sheild after getting charged as a knight. Even if they have a claymore.

The fork is actually usable now. Brandistock needs a speed nerf. Haven’t used or played against many spear users to have a problem with it.

Holy water sprinkler still sucks. Flanged mace is better.

2h flinch does seem inconsistent. I don’t know if it is or its just us. It needs some more looking into.

Stamina is fine. Its actually like they just added stamina in as a new feature. Didn’t need to worry about it at all before the patch.

Shield stamina needs a bit of adjusting. Less stamina drain per hit would be nice.

Grunts seem fine to me.

And the chase mechanic is actually a chase mechanic now. Not a random speed boost mechanic.

• @SOC:

I think there’s way more problems now. :/ Maul needs nerfing. MaAs and archers need nerfing. Stamina changes need to happen, especially with knight shields. Shields themselves need changing. Some vanguard charge attacks can hit you and the vanguard can follow up with another free hit even before the knight can raise his shield to block it, the whole game is just really unpolished with all these changes. 2h flinch needs changing, it feels extremely inconsistent and clunky getting flinched longer now by them. Holy water sprinkler needs nerfing. All 3 spears need nerfing. Claymore needs changing. Chase mechanic needs reverting. Grunts are way out of sync. There’s a whole lot.

Last patch should’ve just slightly nerfed SoW, nerfed falchion, and gave vanguard’s new charge attack and a slight pierce resist buff so longsword didn’t two shot with an overhead + stab in torso. Bug fixes were good, but still more to go. Game would be so much better off that way.

The Maul is perfectly balanced right now. It’s a slow, HEAVY hitting weapon. What more do you want? Just learn to evade it.

MAA is now PERFECT. Attack dodge is gone but footspeed is up. So now success with MAA stems from superior footwork and skill. Archers are fine, it’s just the crossbow bolt speed that needs to be nerfed a bit.

Shields need to take more hits before being drained of stamina–especially for knights. Right now long range 2handers can just smash on that shield and knock knights back with relative impunity.

Vanguard charge is fine, it’s supposed to be an aggressive manuever. Just learn to evade and counterattack.

Spear and Brandi need a nerf badly. These weapons were buffed in completely error. Claymore needs a speed reduction and its animations fixed.

Flail needs one more buff to make it finally competitive.

• yawn balance changes are so fucking boring

time to move on

• @gregcau:

yawn balance changes are so fucking boring

time to move on

How about you move on? This game is a constant work in progress given its class and weapon complexity.

• I just want bug fixes and character customization :(

• Chase mechanic is good now. I hope they wont ever change it back. It actually works like chase should work now without making knight as fast as maa in close battle which is all the time, before it killed the point of knights being the slowest class.

• A new beta update should be ready this week, and we’re aiming hopefully to have the patch live this month, but no promises.

We’ve got some preliminary balance and mechanics tweaks coming soon to the beta. Specifically, lower stamina drain, shortened 2h flinch and special daze, faster flails, tweaks to the chase mechanic (not a reversion to always chase all the time, but improvements to how it functions now), nerfs to spears and a few various knockback changes. I’m probably forgetting a bunch of other stuff.

• @SlyGoat:

A new beta update should be ready this week, and we’re aiming hopefully to have the patch live this month, but no promises.

We’ve got some preliminary balance and mechanics tweaks coming soon to the beta. Specifically, lower stamina drain, shortened 2h flinch and special daze, faster flails, tweaks to the chase mechanic (not a reversion to always chase all the time, but improvements to how it functions now), nerfs to spears and a few various knockback changes. I’m probably forgetting a bunch of other stuff.

Thank you! These changes sound good, I am very excited, especially regarding special daze stun, 2h flinch, and knockback. These are probably the most glaring things in need of change right now, awesome.

• Even faster flails, My god. Nah but it really is what the flail needs right now. I was thinking maybe a range buff to the flail and did what you did with the double axe and make it bigger. Also make it so I can equip a better shield with it or make it so the buckler has a wider hitbox.

As for the spears, I didn’t think they were too powerful, The first spear is useful now but I really can’t comment on what the brandistock is like I’ve barely used it and I’ve barely seen people use the brandistock or the fork like I see 1 brandistock once a game and probably a fork once every 3 games. In my honest opinion if a lot of people are using claymores right now and archers it’s pretty self evident why that’s the case.

• @SirBlade:

Even faster flails, My god. Nah but it really is what the flail needs right now. I was thinking maybe a range buff to the flail and did what you did with the double axe and make it bigger. Also make it so I can equip a better shield with it or make it so the buckler has a wider hitbox.

As for the spears, I didn’t think they were too powerful, The first spear is useful now but I really can’t comment on what the brandistock is like I’ve barely used it and I’ve barely seen people use the brandistock or the fork like I see 1 brandistock once a game and probably a fork once every 3 games. In my honest opinion if a lot of people are using claymores right now and archers it’s pretty self evident why that’s the case.

Spears are too different to any other weapon.

But the brandistock really was OP. you could own with that thing.

• @SlyGoat:

A new beta update should be ready this week, and we’re aiming hopefully to have the patch live this month, but no promises.

I like the sound of these changes. Any stamina drain alterations specificially to how many hits it takes to stagger knights with shields would be most welcome also, seems a lot of people feel that way.

• @SlyGoat:

Please be careful with tweaking stamina drain. Stamina drain is good, but I think you guys went a little overboard with shield stamina drain. Perhaps a little in the other direction will finally balance it.

• Well guys, at least now the major problems are on the game balance… 2 months ago the main shit in this game was the ghost animations and the moonwalk :)

The game is getting better and to balance such a game, where there is almost no reference point is really hard.

• Yes, please do make changes to the Brandistock. I’d like to continue owning people with it without them crying too much. I’ll still get off on their tears, just don’t need as much as are currently being supplied.

• What about the polehammer? It doesn’t take any skill to use that weapon, simply 2-shotting everything.

• @AbyssusAther:

What about the polehammer? It doesn’t take any skill to use that weapon, simply 2-shotting everything.

in beta it 4 hit everything.

Its short and has an average speed.

Its just a longer slower warhammer or flanged mace.

• @Magnificent:

@SlyGoat:

Please be careful with tweaking stamina drain. Stamina drain is good, but I think you guys went a little overboard with shield stamina drain. Perhaps a little in the other direction will finally balance it.

We’ll just be tweaking it down slightly. We already made some changes in the hotfix specifically to combo feint, combo parry and panic parry stamina costs.

Shields have the same stamina drain they had last patch, being out of stamina is just a lot more noticeable and relevant now. I’d like to convert shields to the new stamina drain system (shield stamina drain works completely different from weapons at the moment) but I’m not sure if that’ll make it into patch 3.

@AbyssusAther:

What about the polehammer? It doesn’t take any skill to use that weapon, simply 2-shotting everything.

The Polehammer is significantly slower and/or shorter than most of the Vanguard’s other primary weapons, almost all of which can kill Vanguards in two hits. Its niche is the ability to easily eliminate Knights; it’s really not a fantastic option against other classes compared to alternatives.