Possible hardcore / hardcore options

• Hardcore: increased damage, Sprinting requires stamina , server owners can change Arrow speed

Heavy weapons require MORE stamina (greatly increase), Small weapons (dagger /sword) Small increase in stamina usage.

(this one would be hard to program) but i suggest HC server owners be able to activate or deactivate an option that makes your maximum stamina lower depending on the overall damage you have recieved that life (Exapmple: 100% hp =100% stamina max 75% HP = 70% stamina max 50% HP = 40% stamina 10% or less HP = 5% stamina “allowing for 1 swing”) (preferably the owners could change the values to what they prefer)

Shields only block certain amounts of damage (Switch on or off) (come on lets face it a 2-handed mace would still hurt like crap through a shield) arrows do SEVERELY reduced damage through shields but still some. (on or off)

Thats basicly it for now ill edit / make a continuation post if i can some up with anything else please reply with suggestions i may have missed.

• sry man i dont like these ideas… leave the game standard and simple …

• At what end should there be a hardcore mode ?

The game is already making death quick, and it is balanced (I hope) in its current state.
    Adding a hardcore mode would just split the community, add more work on the balance for the devs…
    So that’s why I ask you this question :
    What would a hardcore mode add to this already fast-paced/quick-dying game ?

• Hardcore modes are invariably the opposite of what they advertise, being generally so imbalanced they’re ignored by the competitive community and only played by less experienced players because “hardcore mode” sounds cool.

• not fast enough

• and it doesnt HAVE to be hardcore
    i mean they could have a basic “HC” mode with no 3rd person, no crosshairs,and sprinting requires stamina
    these are just ideas for what I would like because honestly i kind of like going without crosshairs occasionally

• Hardcore Mode in my opinion (and a lot of my colleagues) is essential to any multiplayer FPP game. Specially in ones wichych traying to stay realistic - why spoil the fan with artificial crosshairs ? I’m full of hope this game will have some hardcore mode with less life/bigger damage - but PRIMALY WITOUT THE CHORSAIR! We have a large community here that would aggre with me so please developers give it some serious thoughts! Chorsairs will spoil the fun of leting you know your blade, feeling it - as it slash your enemies flesh ;)

• @SlyGoat:

Hardcore modes are invariably the opposite of what they advertise, being generally so imbalanced they’re ignored by the competitive community and only played by less experienced players because “hardcore mode” sounds cool.

You’ve taken the words right out of my mouth… err, fingers.

• @Martin:

@SlyGoat:

Hardcore modes are invariably the opposite of what they advertise, being generally so imbalanced they’re ignored by the competitive community and only played by less experienced players because “hardcore mode” sounds cool.

You’ve taken the words right out of my mouth… err, fingers.

Yeeeeep.

Also, why this rage around 3rd person and crosshairs ?
    Ask for an option to remove them, and that’s all. I will be fine with those, which I will actually use.
    The only possible way of thinking their removal will improve the game is thinking they imbalance it. Though, I would admit this is not the case at all. Why would you remove the fun for the part of the community that like this feature ?

• I only think that Hardcore should be optional - to keep both sides of the barricade happy. It’s not a discussion about the prones and cones of the modes - but a apeal to make the game playable for the bigest grupe of people possible.

• Disagree that it inherently splits a community. BF3 servers have always had these options and Warband started with mostly auto-block servers but quickly most (all) competitive players migrated to Manual block servers. Personally as fun as this game is now, I think adding an Expert/Hardcore/Realism whatever mode will be critical to creating longterm interest.

What I’m seeing is the future of large map 64 players clan battle:

-Agree with stamina needed for sprinting. Terrain becomes a factor and orders to charge would need to be coordinated.

-No full health recharge and/or Critical hits: Being mortally wounded and running behind cover for a few then returning baby newbown fresh just aint right. How can archers soften up an enemy force if they just recharge by hiding in cover for a few? If detailed Critical hits aren’t possible then just lower the overall amount of health that can be recharged.

-As said in other threads -huge penalty for blocking a maul (or similar large weapon) with a small weapon like a dagger if not an outright crushthru. I seriously doubt anyone could pull off such a block in reality and would imagine more of an evade -counter response.

• this game runs in hardcore-mode by default

• It seems that there are two schools of thought with a “hard core” mod. One is being the over powered instant death 1 hit kills with FF off and the more realistic version of removing all assisting elements of the game like crosshairs, 3rd person and FF on.

With the OPed version, all that did was split the community and made the noobs totally dependent upon the mod for when they went into a regular server they got their ass handed to them and they would TK. Competitive players would also go in and pwn but found it boring or frustrating when an obviously less skilled player gets cheap kills on them

With the more realism version, noobs couldn’t quite grab the concepts without crosshairs or stamina based issues and did nothing but TK.

Personally I am more in favor of the more realism the better. While it is not always possible to achieve this, the competition player should prefer the need for a higher level of skill than the luck of programing class scripts.