I think MAA will always be the kings of duels. FOREVER

• B/c the game isn’t balanced around duels, and MAA specializes in 1v1’s. So obviously the 1v1 specialized class will demolish in duels. I mean to hit a freaking MAA as Van you have to guess when they will jump back and feint. Note that me swinging costs a LOT more stamina than them jumping back. Van really relies on getting those guaranteed hits on the enemy to wear their stamina down but its not possible with MAA. Van takes 2 hits to kill with maces and MAA takes 2 hits to kill with basically every Van weapon. This matchup favors the MAA b/c they will be more stamina effecient.

Then comes Knight v MAA, and in the current setup MAA can camp and kite Knight to a far greater degree than the Van, due to the Knights slooooow run speed and shorter range. It helps that Knight has double the life as MAA, but you won’t be able to catch him, he will just wait for you to strike and get a poke in, inb/w your swings, easily. This matchup HEAVILY favors MAA.

All this after MAA’s “super nerf”. Though it was coupled with an MAA ms buff and Knight/van speed nerf.

• Idk about you, but vanguards are pretty damn good at fighting MAA.

• @NoVaLombardia:

Idk about you, but vanguards are pretty damn good at fighting MAA.

with a claymore maybe. But claymores are terrible against everyone else, so yeah they are good with a weapon specifically meant to counter 1 class >.>

Oh yeah the brandistock is awesome too but that’s because its absurdly OP :P

• Bait them in.

Swinging and missing is a good way of doing that.

Swing and miss combo. As they dodge foward you would have Connors into alter attack and hit then before they hit you. Occasionally a hit trade happens. Less so now as they can only start to attack half way through dodge.

• @lemonater47:

Bait them in.

Swing and miss combo. As they dodge foward you would have Connors into alter attack and hit then before they hit you. Occasionally a hit trade happens. Less so now as they can only start to attack half way through dodge.

Ok I’ve figured it out, Van can fight an MAA. It will still be in favor of the MAA but not heavily.

But MAA is HANDS DOWN the best duel class because they can deal with Knights AND Vangaurds. Wheras Van’s have some trouble with MAA’s, and Knight v MAA is more or less unwinnable.

• @lemonater47:

Bait them in.

lol your windups/combos are not fast enough to swing and miss and not get stabbed in the face by MAA. MAA will always be king of camp.

• switch to shortsword against maa sometimes works,but u are still at a disad w/their dodge. if using slow primary sometimes a lucky kick and overhead works.

• You get used to when your supposed to swing and miss.

Many MAAs will prowl around you at a distance. That’s a good place to do it.

Don’t do it when they are already charging at you.

And there’s a greatsword flinch glitch. You can get flinched when your not supposed to. If your using the greatsword.

• People still don’t understand the “round table” balancing in this game? It goes like this guys…

Knight beats Archer beats Vanguard beats MaA beats Knight…

• @Hitom:

People still don’t understand the “round table” balancing in this game? It goes like this guys…

This is more or less a pretty good sum-up.

Knight > Archer > Vanguard > Man At Arms > Knight

• Nah, it is like this: (skilled player > unskilled player). Chosen class to fight with = no matter.

• @Vesanus:

Nah, it is like this: (skilled player > unskilled player). Chosen class to fight with = no matter.

Yes, but the theory that is being presented is that between exactly equally skilled players, the circle of advantages is then heavily weighed.

• Archer > MaA > Vanguard > Knight since this patch. Good archers will always beat shield knights np, no matter what tower or serpentine or jumps or whatever they do. Good archers will also never hit trade, and use the lack of forward chase mechanic heavily to their advantage.

Vanguards have more of a chance against MaAs since this patch with the new spears and claymore, but it’s still not a free win if the MaA doesn’t make mistakes, and like someone else said, if using claymore then they’re at a disadvantage to knights. Brandi is definitely way too good and with the stamina changes and knockback, coupled with a better charge, this puts vanguards above knights in this patch.

People think MaAs are worse than they really are this patch at the moment because they’re becoming to habitual forming. It’s when they don’t have habits that they still win easy, and it’s not just at 1vs1s.

@Vesanus:

Nah, it is like this: (skilled player > unskilled player). Chosen class to fight with = no matter.

I’ve never played a game like this that has “classes/characters” to choose from. Sorry, but that’s not reality. We live in a world of 7 billion people, there’s plenty of completely perfectly even skilled players out there, and more importantly, there’s plenty of most top perfect skilled cannot ever get better players out there that have completely equal skill to the same other players. Every game offers advantages and disadvantages to classes/characters, and Chivalry is definitely no different. Though it was certainly more skill based in previous patches.

• @SOC:

Archer > MaA > Vanguard > Knight since this patch.

Sad but true, but I am still sticking to Knight. I just love the class too much to trade it up for something else.

I don’t think MAA are the best personally. I only get beaten by MAA’s that are just generally better skilled than me. Any at my my skill level I am confident that I stand a very good chance of beating the opponent, regardless of class. I am just putting this down to the skill ceiling being different on different classes and Knight being easier at my level. Who knows.

• @Teocyn:

@SOC:

Archer > MaA > Vanguard > Knight since this patch.

Sad but true, but I am still sticking to Knight. I just love the class too much to trade it up for something else.

I don’t think MAA are the best personally. I only get beaten by MAA’s that are just generally better skilled than me. Any at my my skill level I am confident that I stand a very good chance of beating the opponent, regardless of class. I am just putting this down to the skill ceiling being different on different classes and Knight being easier at my level. Who knows.

All down to the skill of the player.

• @lemonater47:

All down to the skill of the player.

It’s when you get skilled that you realize this isn’t usually the case.

• @theuprising:

Van takes 2 hits to kill with maces and MAA takes 2 hits to kill with basically every Van weapon.

Then comes Knight v MAA, and in the current setup MAA can camp and kite Knight to a far greater degree than the Van, due to the Knights slooooow run speed and shorter range.

So all MAA use maces and no vanguards use heavy weapons? This 2 shot argument feels wrong.

And since when do MAAs have more reach than knights?

@SOC:

Good archers will also never hit trade, and use the lack of forward chase mechanic heavily to their advantage.

How do they do this with the shortest weapons?

• @SOC:

Good archers will also never hit trade, and use the lack of forward chase mechanic heavily to their advantage.

The old forward chase mechanic is what made it easier for them to close the gap with their shorter weapons.

Theoretically, an archer will be the most powerful. But has that ever been the case? Has it ever been close? Absolutely not. I have yet to see this archer you speak of.

• @NoVaLombardia:

@Hitom:

People still don’t understand the “round table” balancing in this game? It goes like this guys…

This is more or less a pretty good sum-up.

Lol if you think Knight beats MAA. Maybe in a large team environment, but even then…

• @theuprising:

Lol if you think Knight beats MAA. Maybe in a large team environment, but even then…

Clearly you didn’t comprehend when Hitom illustrated MAA > Knight.

Hard to draw a circle on a single line, which is why I started and ended with Knight in the sequence.