Dual weapon mode for warhammer / pole hammer

• As you know, currently the warhammer and the pole hammer use mostly the blunt part (the “hammer” part) to strike (stabs being the exception).
    Historically, warhammers had a “hammer” part - for blunt damage, and a “pick” part - for piercing damage. They were used on one side or the other in combat, as the situation required.

Since the in-game weapons have the “pick” part modeled, i propose that by pressing the ‘1’ key, the warhammer/polehammer toggles between the “hammer” side and the “pick” side in your hands, dealing either blunt damage or piercing damage. Probably hard to balance, but i think it might add to combat depth - particularly if the hammer can be swapped during combos.

• @Dad:

As you know, currently the warhammer and the pole hammer use mostly the blunt part (the “hammer” part) to strike (stabs being the exception).
    Historically, warhammers had a “hammer” part - for blunt damage, and a “pick” part - for piercing damage. They were used on one side or the other in combat, as the situation required.

Since the in-game weapons have the “pick” part modeled, i propose that by pressing the ‘1’ key, the warhammer/polehammer toggles between the “hammer” side and the “pick” side in your hands, dealing either blunt damage or piercing damage. Probably hard to balance, but i think it might add to combat depth - particularly if the hammer can be swapped during combos.

I made a thread about this before and I agree. Extend this to flipping the poleaxe for the chopping side to the blunt side. Animate it as well. Would be so cool.

• This is a good idea, it’d just be a simple twist of the wrist and the weapon would toggle to the other side…so to speak.

It’d definitely look cool.