ARE there any plans on…

• making buckler good?

• For anti projectiles? I doubt it. For lower stam drain? Doubt it.

The one benefit it has is faster recovery when you block an attack. It throws off my pacing every now and then when I fight someone who knows how to play with a buckler.

• Are you the same guy who said Buckler is OP?

And yeah I know it’s recovery time is slightly faster than normal.
    But after a few duels, when people get used to that, you get milked.

Specially when the shield is so big that you barely see your enemy while holding it up, making it abusrdly much harder to spot incoming kicks.

• @-Thylacine-:

Specially when the shield is so big that you barely see you enemy while holding it up, making it abusrdly much harder to spot incoming kicks.

Didn’t they fix that?

• @NoVaLombardia:

@-Thylacine-:

Specially when the shield is so big that you barely see you enemy while holding it up, making it abusrdly much harder to spot incoming kicks.

Didn’t they fix that?

Only for the Knight with his flail. Every other class that uses the buckler gets buckler-vision.

• @DokB:

buckler-vision.

Ha… I like that term.

• @NoVaLombardia:

@DokB:

buckler-vision.

Ha… I like that term.

Haha, me too.

On a slightly non-relevant but related note, the patch notes said that ballista rotation speeds were increased, but that’s only the case for the Citadel ones. Is that intentional?

• @Event:

@NoVaLombardia:

@DokB:

buckler-vision.

Ha… I like that term.

Haha, me too.

On a slightly non-relevant but related note, the patch notes said that ballista rotation speeds were increased, but that’s only the case for the Citadel ones. Is that intentional?

Which patch notes? :?

Citadel ballista rotation speed was increased quite a while ago, but I don’t think we’ve touched ballista rotation since then…

• The ones my friend told me about. May not have been patch notes for real, though ^^

• @DokB:

@NoVaLombardia:

@-Thylacine-:

Didn’t they fix that?

Only for the Knight with his flail. Every other class that uses the buckler gets buckler-vision.

Not 100% sure, but I think MAA buckler vision got better too…

• buckler so bad

• Buckler vision improved for the javelin player which is good, but it did take a while to relearn where i had to position the thing to block projectiles.

• It’s vision is still horrendous compared to the Kite Shield, while still being described as a ‘‘lighter’’ and more ‘‘agile’’ shield.

• But it is agile and lighter….

I’ve over 200hrs on javelin and i find the buckler very good, even for blocking projectiles.

• @giantyak:

But it is agile and lighter….

I’ve over 200hrs on javelin and i find the buckler very good, even for blocking projectiles.

block 4 maul overheads and run out of stam gg

• Just my two shiny pennies -

Thylacine is right IMO. Its not that buckler is necessarily a useless shield, but… I’ve always felt like the buckler is just a totally less viable choice over the Kite for a knight. It just IS, find a knight that genuinely performs better with a buckler than a kite. It doesnt exist, and if it does its inexplicable and so rare that its not even worth counting. I’ve used the buckler a lot too, because I desperately WANT to like it - its cool. But for balance…

So it has increased stamina drain blocking compared to the kite, and has poor visibility. So, buckler visibility should be better because, as OP mentioned - its easier to get kicked with buckler due to visibility issues, which is inconsistent with what is meant to be the niche of the smaller shield. And, well - forgetting realism or any bullshit arguments like that, surely it would work best if, FOR KNIGHT, it had the SAME stamina drain as kite? Not going to get into the stamina drain catastrophe but for the purposes of choosing between the two shields…

Its smaller, so blocks less projectiles - but has a slightly faster recovery, which helps in combat.

So there you have a clear choice to make between the 2 shields - block slightly more projectiles, or slightly improved combat performance. No difference in stamina drain needed.

Ultimately, the buckler SHOULD be slightly more viable in man to man anyway, no? Currently its worse because you can get staggered faster than kite, and yet still offers smaller projectile protection.

(I say for knight, because javelin users would be getting an unfair buff if buckler could absorb more hits for them.)

• @giantyak:

But it is agile and lighter….

Yeah - but if you could take Kiteshield for javelins, you obviously would because its better - hence what Thylacine is actually on about. The fact that you can only use buckler for javelins sort of nullifies what your saying - its useful enough if its your only choice!

Its not totally ineffective - its just not worth taking over the kite for a knight, and castrates the flail somewhat with it.

#missedthepoint

• Yeah what you say is true,
    But if i was allowed some other shield would i still get an awesome shield punch. The buckler shield punch certainly aids the viability of the javelin player in terms of melee fights.

With the new patch i was initially very confused with the flail and buckler…WTF was going on with the stamina drain i thought it was a bug.

Buckler shield punch can still be very handy…it can splatter heads you know.

• @Towe:

Not 100% sure, but I think MAA buckler vision got better too…

Nope, just flail knight. You can even equip a broadsword with the buckler on knight and see how the buckler reverts to that old buckler vision, and then to the new one when equipping the flail again.

• cancer shield