DLC PLEASE!

• The title says it all. New maps and weapons please :)

• Read here my friend: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=15446

• Wait, what?

But…

http://www.chivalrythegame.com/blog/f-a-q

Are you planning on releasing DLC? If so, will it be free?

Yes and more yes. We are firm believers that gameplay-relevant DLC should be free, just do us a favour and tell your friends about it.

I WILL TELL ALL MY FREINDS.

As long as its free.

• @lemonater47:

Wait, what?

But…

http://www.chivalrythegame.com/blog/f-a-q

Are you planning on releasing DLC? If so, will it be free?

Yes and more yes. We are firm believers that gameplay-relevant DLC should be free, just do us a favour and tell your friends about it.

I WILL TELL ALL MY FREINDS.

As long as its free.

v

@SlyGoat:

@SOC:

Is this expansion going to cost additional money? On your main site FAQ you said DLC will always be free, but expansion and DLC can lead to confusion.

It will cost money, but again, it will be an expansion. Not a few new weapons and maps, not a new game mode - a full blown expansion like the good old days when paid content was worth the money, not $10 to unlock content that was finished before the game was released.

I believe “gameplay relevant DLC” in the FAQ refers to DLC as it’s typically known today. Map packs, weapon packs, additional missions, etc. This will be much bigger than that.

• Ahh ok.

• @SlyGoat:

I believe “gameplay relevant DLC” in the FAQ refers to DLC as it’s typically known today. Map packs, weapon packs, additional missions, etc. This will be much bigger than that.

Much bigger like map packs, AND new weapons?

This is TBS trying to improve chivalry:

• And I’d gladly chip in another $10 or 20 for a game I originally spent $12.50 on and put almost 250 hours into.

• @KONGEN:

@SlyGoat:

Much bigger like map packs, AND new weapons?

Not even close :D

• A “conquest” mode like AOC, when you start on a CTF map and slowly advance in ennemy territory?

• Maybe meteor pixel is lying about making its mod a standalone. And its going to be the expansion.

A proper expansion doesn’t just add a game mode or a few weapons.

• @lemonater47:

Maybe meteor pixel is lying about making its mod a standalone. And its going to be the expansion.

Doubt it.

All the expansions from the games I played prior to the DLC era were pretty much just large DLC packs (maps/weapons/modes/classes/factions) with the occasional new mechanic thrown in. I don’t see why Chivalry’s expansion would be any different.

We’re most likely going to see a revamped UI in the expansion that will be brought over into the vanilla version. Slygoat touched on this in his response to my post in the Ask TBS thread about DLC, but edited his post shortly after.

• @Knifelegs:

@lemonater47:

Maybe meteor pixel is lying about making its mod a standalone. And its going to be the expansion.

Doubt it.

All the expansions from the games I played prior to the DLC era were pretty much just large DLC packs (maps/weapons/modes) with the occasional new mechanic thrown in. I don’t see why Chivalry’s expansion would be any different.

Back then it was a lot of work just to release large DLC pack style expansions, not to mention you had to ship it on a disc and deal with the retail market all over again, which has significant costs of its own - nowadays, not so much. Which is why it’s so disappointing that DLC now seems to give you less for more when it’s easier than ever to produce and deliver the content.

So maybe even “expansion” is selling this next project short, but it’s tough to think what else to call it, because it will be far more ambitious than just new content for Chivalry - which is why we’re selling it - but not quite ambitious enough to be a whole new game.

Man, it is so hard to talk about this without giving anything away. Thankfully the reveal is coming soon :D

@Knifelegs:

We’re most likely going to see a revamped UI in the expansion that will be brought over into the vanilla version. Slygoat touched on this in his response to my post in the Ask TBS thread about DLC, but edited his post shortly after.

I felt like I needed to edit that post since it didn’t really answer your actual question (if we would still be updating Chivalry for free) and nobody cares about some minor UI improvements :P “Revamp” isn’t really accurate, it’s just that a UI overhaul for Chivalry is something we’ve talked about in the past and is an example of the kind of thing we’d still like to do for the base game (but may not get around to regardless of the new project).

But again, we’re not going to drop work on Chivalry, and if there’s anything in the new project which can benefit the base game we’ll do our best to bring it over.

• Ah, I see. Can’t wait for the reveal post!

• Myself and my E-wallet are brimming with excitement about this reveal and “expansion.”

I have many Australian dollars ready to transfer ;)

• No more talking about it til’ it’s announced.

SHHHH.

• @NaTe:

I have many Australian dollars ready to transfer ;)

I heard those are made of solid gold, confirm/deny?

• @SlyGoat:

I heard those are made of solid kangaroo, confirm/deny?

Possibly true, maybe compared TB’s Canadian dollars anyway ;)

• I thought it was Aztec dollars that were made of solid gold.

• @AngryDave:

I thought it was Aztec dollars that were made of solid gold.

Truly they were ahead of their time.

• @Kimiko:

No more talking about it til’ it’s announced.

SHHHH.

I already know what it is

! http://bit.ly/87RrYe