What would YOU like to see in a Chivalry expansion?

• So the devs have confirmed that TBS’ next big project is a large, paid expansion for Chivalry. Per SlyGoat:

So maybe even “expansion” is selling this next project short, but it’s tough to think what else to call it, because it will be far more ambitious than just new content for Chivalry - which is why we’re selling it - but not quite ambitious enough to be a whole new game.

They’ve made it pretty clear that it’s going to be more than just new maps and games modes, and most of it will not carry over into base Chivalry (so probably no balance/mechanic changes). With this in mind, the question is…

What would YOU like to see in a Chivalry expansion?

New factions? New classes? Lightsabers? Let the speculation begin!

• Personally I think something like Guild Wars 2’s World vs World would be awesome. A giant, persistent server with 200+ plus people and 3 factions duking it out over months to control land. Clans could capture and keep castles, players would have to build things like trebuchets and siege towers… Would be very cool :D

• working replay system
    • working 1st person spectator mode
    • better ui
    • bug fixes
    • steamworks
    • UDK release

• A playable scythe. I know you’re surprised.

• Flying tiger mounts that shoot fire and eating enemies grants you new powers like the ability to get more back on your tax return.

• But it’s still going to be part of Chivalry’s universe right? Are we more thinking in the lines of say Red Dead Redemption’s Undead Nightmare or Infamous 2’s Festival of Blood? Entirely different tonal shifts but still taking place in the same universe and same characters?

I’d imagine seeing some sort of zombie expansion (especially with the zombie craze the industry is in right now), or a fantasy one. new classes, new game modes, crazy stuff like super powers, maybe even something futuristic, like jetpacks and laser swords (Star Wars). The main mechanics that make Chivalry, Chivalry, is applicable to a lot of different settings and scenarios. Sword fighting is a universally liked thing and can be done in a lot of different ways, so I wouldn’t be surprised of Torn Banner just did like I mentioned, something really wild and crazy and give the medieval setting a rest for just this once.

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is a weird, fun, and hilarious game, and it’s lore is almost non-existent. So I wouldn’t mind an expansion that just flips everything upside down but maintains the general core gameplay. Imagine having some sort of horde mode, the map is an abandoned town and a giant zombie horde is approaching. You got 10 or so people, all armed with customized hammers, pitchforks, baseball bats, maybe even some guns. I could see that working quite well with Chiv gameplay in mind. I (personally) would rather see something fantasy-ish or maybe something future space pew-pew-ish. Bushido: Feudal Warfare has already got the samurai side checked so I don’t see that becoming a thing.

• @Slaughtervomit:

Flying tiger mounts that shoot fire and eating enemies grants you new powers like the ability to get more back on your tax return.

How did you know? Someone will be fired for leaking this :x

• @SlyGoat:

@Slaughtervomit:

Flying tiger mounts that shoot fire and eating enemies grants you new powers like the ability to get more back on your tax return.

I was also told about the new weapon: Lava powered candy cannons

• @Slaughtervomit:

@SlyGoat:

@Slaughtervomit:

I was also told about the new weapon: Lava powered candy cannons

My god he knows everything!

We have to cancel it now. Go home everybody, Slaughtervomit ruined it for all of us.

• I do believe I just read a post where Slygoat mentioned that it was going to be “bigger than Chivalry” or something to that extent (please correct me if I’m wrong). I don’t know exactly what they’re planning, but if they mean more maps than Chivalry currently has with even more game modes I’m completely fine with it.

Honestly the cool things mentioned above (replays, better UI, etc.) would be cool to have I’d be more interested in getting more of this same product as well.

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it, and if it is broke don’t expand on it. That said I’m sure there are things Torn Banner is more ready to face to create whatever this new contentexpansion is, but I think it’d be best for everyone (community wise) if they tried to keep bugs down to a minimum by not adding too many gadgets, at least right away.

Honestly I just want more content.

• @quigleyer:

I do believe I just read a post where Slygoat mentioned that it was going to be “bigger than Chivalry” or something to that extent (please correct me if I’m wrong).

I think I know what you’re referring to, but it was more along the lines of “Bigger than a map pack,” not bigger than Chivalry.

I really shouldn’t talk about this anymore until it’s announced :P I am going to just sit back and watch the wild speculation fly.

• @SlyGoat:

@quigleyer:

I do believe I just read a post where Slygoat mentioned that it was going to be “bigger than Chivalry” or something to that extent (please correct me if I’m wrong).

I think I know what you’re referring to, but it was more along the lines of “Bigger than a map pack,” not bigger than Chivalry.

I really shouldn’t talk about this anymore until it’s announced :P I am going to just sit back and watch the wild speculation fly.

He said “wild,” zombies confirmed.

• @Pilgore:

@SlyGoat:

@quigleyer:

He said “wild,” zombies confirmed.

Time for reddit, with this confirmation and all :).

• Chapters 1 and 2 of the lore to be fleshed out (http://www.chivalrythegame.com/lore.htm)
    and large scale battles that go beyond the size of the average 32 player server.

• @SlyGoat:

@quigleyer:

Also I’m 100% happy with that, I was hoping that’s what you guys meant. This game is, at it’s core, a really great game and I think you guys could make more content for it and be solid.

I can also assure you that if you make a beta people will be more than happy to play new content, and you guys could probably get a much larger beta turnout, right? I’m willing to play new content to squash bugs, so long as I’m playing new content.

Just sayin’… open beta…open beta… open beta…

• Working hitboxes, working collisions, working parries, … Well, a WORKING game at last.

• @Junanagou:

Working hitboxes, working collisions, working parries, … Well, a WORKING game at last.

The game does work. I’m not sure what issues you’re having with those.

• I really hope all the nasty bugs that currently haunt Chivalry get fixed before the expansion pack is released.

• A anti cheat.

• What would I like to see in the expansion, hmm… I know nobody could guess

! [image:pi21p2lz]http://i42.tinypic.com/dcbzhw.png[/image:pi21p2lz]

if you want to sell an expansion

well

sex sells