Rid the parry during recovery

• Please.

I dont care if combo feint to parry isn’t there, just take the goddamn recovery parries out of the goddman game. If you don’t want people bypassing recovery through combo feinting, then don’t let people fucking do it at all. It’s SOOOO retarded having every fucking person in the game parrying any attack that possibly comes at them, even behind them not even seeing it happen. Oh, and it’s not even parry during recovery if people can do it during release too! REMOVE THAT SHIT it’s ruining the game!

And burn all the archers too!

• Rage much? It takes up so much stamina that you can only do it once or maybe twice before you’re all out.

• I’m inclined to agree with you.

The panic parry and the combo feint to parry are kind of in the same boat. While they are arguably very different they are both the same in that they make it so punishing missed swings is much more difficult.

The panic parry can be done at that exact moment you miss a swing, and then attack. By all the reasons they removed CFTP I don’t understand why this is a solution.

• @quigleyer:

I’m inclined to agree with you.

The panic parry and the combo feint to parry are kind of in the same boat. While they are arguably very different they are both the same in that they make it so punishing missed swings is much more difficult.

The panic parry can be done at that exact moment you miss a swing, and then attack. By all the reasons they removed CFTP I don’t understand why this is a solution.

You can’t counterattack off a panic parry; likewise you can’t panic parry in the middle of an attack. Combo feint parry let you switch from aggressive to defensive instantly, and right back to aggressive immediately with a riposte.

• @SlyGoat:

@quigleyer:

You can’t counterattack off a panic parry; likewise you can’t panic parry in the middle of an attack. Combo feint parry let you switch from aggressive to defensive instantly, and right back to aggressive immediately with a riposte.

I understand that, and with much respect I’d like to say that’s why I said they are arguably different, but still fall under the larger umbrella of defense against your missed swings being punished.

If I square off against a guy and I attack while he’s in range, and he moves quickly out of range and begins his swing I can often panic parry during the time he is able to hit me, especially with proper footing and movement to delay the hit.

If I did it with CFTP I would just cancel the attack and parry it. You’re right, then I could riposte, which is now putting me ahead.

Yes, riposte nerfing was a great idea (so it’s only defensive), but I’m left wondering if it was possible to remove a riposte from a CFTP. I don’t think the defensive qualities of CFTP were overpowered anymore than the panic parry, it just saved a lot more team mates in team modes.

• @Event:

Rage much? It takes up so much stamina that you can only do it once or maybe twice before you’re all out.

nah, at least like 4-5 times. Most likely 4… and there’s talk about increasing the stamina pool anyway like making those things cost less stamina like parries and such. If that happens or ONCE that happens, worse.

• @clayton-bigsby:

@Event Horizon:

Rage much? It takes up so much stamina that you can only do it once or maybe twice before you’re all out.

nah, at least like 4-5 times. Most likely 4… and there’s talk about increasing the stamina pool anyway like making those things cost less stamina like parries and such. If that happens or ONCE that happens, worse.

Well for now, if you notice them do a panic parry, DO NOT LET UP ATTACKING. After they do it once, they’ll usually try to back off to regain stamina. Do not give them that chance and you will win that fight.

• thanks for the tutorial, can you make a video on that plz?

• I’ll just play defense, only parry, and constantly back pedal as you can’t reach me without forward chase code any more and wait for my team mates to arrive. u mad?

• @SOC:

I’ll just play defense, only parry, and constantly back pedal as you can’t reach me without forward chase code any more and wait for my team mates to arrive. u mad?

A MAA Walking backwards is slower than a knights sprint.

• I agree. This whole new stamina system is rubbish, in my opinion. Removing combo feints led them to add this parry during recovery bullshit, which is “balanced” by it costing a fortune in stamina. Running out of stamina now will get you killed. This leads to attacks having to be carefully planned, as a missed swing will also take a chunk of stam, and oft times people will back off and regen stamina during a 1on1 fight. All in all it slows the combat down. Slow combat is not a good thing. Chivalry had one thing going for it: It’s fast intuitive combat. You are doing your best to remove all quickness and intuition from combat. I don’t understand why.

• @Sir:

You are doing your best to remove all intuition from combat. I don’t understand why.

Explain how going from EXHIBIT B to EXHIBIT A is the act of removing intuition from combat?

EXHIBIT B represents bypassing recovery pre-patch. EXHIBIT A represents bypassing recovery in live.

• @SlyGoat:

@quigleyer:

Precisely, it made you powerful even against many players, but perhaps more critically, it made the flow of general combat much faster.

• Not necessarily faster but it made combat feel smoother.

Though from the animation side of things it looked very clunky and glitchy.

• @lemonater47:

Not necessarily faster but it made combat feel smoother.

Still looks better than combo feint to parry ever did.

• @DokB:

@lemonater47:

Not necessarily faster but it made combat feel smoother.

Still looks better than combo feint to parry ever did.

True.

• @Event:

@clayton-bigsby:

@Event Horizon:

Well for now, if you notice them do a panic parry, DO NOT LET UP ATTACKING. After they do it once, they’ll usually try to back off to regain stamina. Do not give them that chance and you will win that fight.

Ignoring the overall debate on CFtP etc etc…

Its not that panic parry makes people impossible to kill, its that it makes it slower, and more boring to kill them - which is basically what you’ve affirmed by stipulating that beating them is best achieved by battering their stamina away.

Anyway, back to the actual point -

Now that CFtP is no more… Yes, just get rid of it completely. Having no CFtP style trick at all is better than having one that crops up absolutely all the time because of its ease of use and prevents total misses being punished most of the time. Of course - my misses frequently go unpunished too, and that pisses me off just as much as seeing it happen to someone else.

• yeah, i’m not saying we need to bring back cftp even though i thought it was MUCH better than the current reocvery parry or panic parry. It’s just the way you have to go about killing people now. Now it’s like when you get into some parry counter battle or you go in for a strike when someone is attacking out of range, instead you HAVE to feint now if you want that hit to be sure, so now it’s like win with feint or just have this slow drawn out parry back and forth. But when you’re talking about TEAM Fighting and not just 1v1’s this is where the parry anything becomes a huge problem. And even if you cannot counter attack after the parry, a lot of one handed weapons dont even need to counter atttack because they’re fast enough to ALMOST be at that counter attack speed anyway once they recover from the parry… which doesn’t take long at all. And i haven’t really found that i’ve had to watch my stamina that much from using recovery parries because you’re usually fighitng alongside teammates, and if you need some stam real quick you can just duck out for a second and get it while your teammates are around… so there’s like never a shortage of parries going around.

• @lemonater47:

A MAA Walking backwards is slower than a knights sprint.

Barely. Then you get a spear vanguard who pushes you back 8 miles every time you finally reach him and parry his overhead.

Honestly I miss the old chase mechanic more than combo feint to parry. It was some form of reward for aggression and made fights vs MaAs and archers so much better, and against people who liked to back pedal all the time.

• i think panic parry is a good mechanic with an appropriate opportunity cost. i like too see a parry or two in a battle.