Ease up on the head explosions

• Right now a brandistock slash can explode a head, an arrow can explode a head. It doesn’t make sense and it doesn’t look all that great. I want to see an arrow pierce a head and have the head crank back in pain with the arrow sticking out. Even with maul strikes hitting the head; it’d be much more badass to see the head torque back with a snapping sound. The head explosion was comical at first, but now it’s kind of old and looks pretty cheap.

• Yeah heads exploding does seem a little over the top now.

• I feel the same. Archery was a lot more satisfying when you just had the clean shot, no mess. It made you feel like a professional.

• Only a sling should explode the head IMO.

• Next patch: F10 style gibs from kick kills. Count on it!

• No headsplosions for arrows would be nice.

• This silly over the top violence actually acts as censorship as it it diminishes the impression that you are on a realistic battlefield fighting real enemies.

• Torn Banner should just add a bunch more death animations, IMO. Head explosion should still be there, but of course not for arrows. A maul to the head causing the neck to snap and the head to hang in an awkward position does sound really awesome. The maul should still be able to cause heads to explode, though, but there will be a vareity of death animations that could happen now instead. I’m not getting tired of just the head explosion animation, I’m getting tired of the lost arm/lost leg animation as well. There should be a few more, all I’m saying :D (but it’s still kind of fun chopping off a head, then chop of an arm, then chop of a leg and see the guy doing all these animations while armless and headless, hehe)

• @SlyGoat:

Next patch: F10 style gibs from kick kills. Count on it!

I will personally……take away your sunglasses if you’re lying. And if you haven’t implemented a kick-kill symbol by then. ;)

Oh yeah about the topic: Agree with SavageBeatings. Some more death animations would be really nice.
    The creepiest shit I’ve seen was a headless MAA who got his arm cut off directly after the sling-shot so the headless torso was moving its non-existal neck and “looking” at its cut-off arm. You could see his inwards (those of his neck, hard to explain :P) move. Jesus Christ.

• Yeah, i don’t like it either when a arrow makes your head explode. It just feels wrong… it is neither funny nor realistic.

@SavageBeatings:

A maul to the head causing the neck to snap and the head to hang in an awkward position does sound really awesome.

This just gave me goose bumps! What a gritty and great idea :)

• Bodkins headsploding was a side effect of making pierceblunt damage explode heads for the morningstar, but then making the bodkin arrow pierceblunt damage for balance.

Would people mind if pierceblunt exploding heads was reverted? MAA/Knight has all these other weapons to smash heads with, but Archer only has broadheads unless he wants to heavily change his playstyle to a crossbow or javelin.

• @Bushido:

Bodkins headsploding was a side effect of making pierceblunt damage explode heads for the morningstar, but then making the bodkin arrow pierceblunt damage for balance.

Would people mind if pierceblunt exploding heads was reverted? MAA/Knight has all these other weapons to smash heads with, but Archer only has broadheads unless he wants to heavily change his playstyle to a crossbow or javelin.

I would like it if the developers removed head explosions to begin with. It just doesn’t look that good and it would look better if you just let the heads take a beating and go limp. Much more visceral, which is the adjective people use to enthusiastically describe this game.

Head chopping is fine, because it actually looks and sounds good.

• Agree. arrows shouldnt explode heads. Its just silly.
    It also felt better when getting killed and you had that feel the arrow just pierced your throat.

Also daggers shouldnt decapitate so easily. Sadly the answer I got in ask TBS sounded like TBS thinks the more decapitation and exploding heads there are the more fun their game is.

Cant they understand that its nothing special anymore when it happens constantly?

• I am against anything anti-gore. Headsplosions are awesome! Plus, it lets me know when some vanguard across the map is now dead to bodkin arrow lmao!

• @clayton-bigsby:

I am against anything anti-gore. Headsplosions are awesome! Plus, it lets me know when some vanguard across the map is now dead to bodkin arrow lmao!

Gore should be done right.

• +1

The devs said that the dynamite tipped arrowheads are a new bug that should be fixed in the next patch.

• Yea that would be a bit better with less heads blowing up :|

• @clayton-bigsby:

I am against anything anti-gore. Headsplosions are awesome! Plus, it lets me know when some vanguard across the map is now dead to bodkin arrow lmao!

Don’t think anyone is anti-gore. It’s just that the head explosion happens way too often it’s not that fun anymore. It always felt satisfying when it happened, or chopping a head clean off. It still does when that head comes off. But the head explosions from arrows?

I think there could be way more death animations to make deaths more special and diverse. Imagine cutting someones head off partially. Like turning him into a pez dispenser, having his head fly back but still attached to the body. Like in Highlander or Sin City. Or cutting the tip off of someones head, like across the eyes, so that the head looks like a cereal bowl (or a piss pot, unfit for mason knights)

• Your suggestions sound too much like a fap-concert for really fucked up people.

Don’t look at me like that, it’s crrrreeepy!

If ya wanna cut ppl into pieces, play the atrociously named “Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance”. :D

Still, more death animations would be nice. :)
    (Also, I’m pretty sure if the Devs don’t implement it someone will do a More Gore Mod or something like that :D)

• I’m all for more gore, but the head exploding occurs on: Holy Water Sprinkler, Morning Star, Flanged Mace, Maul, Grand Mace, War Hammer, Flail, Heavy Flail, Quarterstaff, Cudgel, Bodkin Arrows, Sling (this should stay the same though ;D), Polehammer, and fists. There’s just too many ways to explode a head at the moment. I would like to see pierce blunt get it’s own special gore like a crater in the head in the shape of the piercing part of that blunt weapon; a flail/HWS/Bodkin creating trephination in the skull kinda thing. I also would like to see fist head exploding be removed, it gets old fast with fists.