Map list problem

• I just have recently rented a server from Edge gaming servers. I set up the server perfectly but map rotation doesn’t work for me. so I went to edit in PCServer-UDKGame.ini as what I’ve seen from fourms and other sites.

Here is what I’ve edited so far

! [AOC.AOCGame]
    ! bLogGameplayEvents=false
    ! GameplayEventsWriterClassName=Engine.GameplayEventsWriter
    ! GameplayEventsHeartbeat=1.000000
    ! bForceRespawn=True
    ! bAllowNonTeamChat=True
    ! Maplist[1]=AOCFFA-Arena3_P
    ! Maplist[2]=AOCFFA-Moor_P
    ! Maplist[3]=AOCFFA-Ruins_P
    ! Maplist[4]=AOCFFA-ThroneRoomXL_P
    ! Maplist[5]=AOCFFA-StoneshillVillage_P
    ! Maplist[6]=AOCFFA-Hillside_P
    ! Maplist[7]=AOCFFA-HillsidePyre_P
    ! PerspectiveLock=PLOCK_None
    ! fServerTeamDamagePercent=0.500000
    ! fTimeDilation=1.000000
    ! bEnableVoteKick=true
    ! bEnableVoteChangeMap=true
    ! bEnableVoteResetMap=true
    ! bOnlyAdminsCanInitiateVotes=false
    ! bOnlyAdminsCanVote=false
    ! bOnlyTeammatesCanVoteKick=false
    ! bOnlyTeammatesAbstainsCountAgainstMinimum=false
    ! fVoteMinAmountNonAbstainers=0.400000
    ! fVoteSuccessThreshold=0.550000
    ! fVoteDurationSeconds=30.000000
    ! fVoteTallyUpdates=2.000000
    ! fVoteEnactDelaySeconds=10.000000
    ! fVoteTimeBetweenVoteKicksAgainstSamePlayer=60.000000
    ! fVoteTimeBetweenVotesFromOnePlayer=60.000000
    ! fVoteKickBanDurationSeconds=300.000000
    ! bForceTeamVOIP=false
    ! bRankedServer=true
    ! bAutoBalance=true
    ! fAutoBalanceInterval=30.000000
    ! bAllowFriendNotification=True
    ! bDeathBasedAutoBalance=False
    ! bUseMaxPingLimit=False
    ! bAnyUserCanGetSteamID=False
    ! bOverrideRoundTime=False
    ! bDisallowFists=False
    ! bDisallowFreelookSpectator=False
    ! bUseArcherLimit=False
    ! bUseVanguardLimit=False
    ! bUseKnightLimit=False
    ! bUseMaaLimit=False
    ! bUseRankLimits=False
    ! bDoSpeedHackDetection=False
    ! bUseCustomSpeedhackCountThreshold=False
    ! Maplist=AOCFFA-Arena3_P
    ! Maplist=AOCFFA-Moor_P
    ! Maplist=AOCFFA-Ruins_P
    ! Maplist=AOCFFA-ThroneRoomXL_P
    ! Maplist=AOCFFA-StoneshillVillage_P
    ! Maplist=AOCFFA-Hillside_P
    ! Maplist=AOCFFA-HillsidePyre_P
    ! MapListIndex=0
    ! fMaxPing=0.000000
    ! iPingThresholdHitBeforeKick=0
    ! iSecondsToKickForPingLimit=0
    ! RoundTimeOverride=0
    ! iArcherLimit=0
    ! iVanguardLimit=0
    ! iKnightLimit=0
    ! iMaaLimit=0
    ! iMinRank=0
    ! iMaxRank=0
    ! iSpeedhackCountThreshold=0
    ! bWarmupRound=False
    ! bForceMidGameMenuAtStart=False
    ! NetWait=15
    ! ClientProcessingTimeout=30
    ! WarmupTime=0
    ! LateEntryLives=1
    ! ResetTimeDelay=0
    ! RequiredMobileInputConfigs=(GroupName=“UberGroup”,RequireZoneNames=(“UberStickMoveZone”,“UberStickLookZone”,“UberLookZone”),bIsAttractModeGroup=False)
    ! RequiredMobileInputConfigs=(GroupName=“InitialFlybyGroup”,RequireZoneNames=,bIsAttractModeGroup=False)
    ! bIsStandbyCheckingEnabled=False
    ! GoalScore=60
    ! MaxLives=0
    ! TimeLimit=20
    ! StandbyRxCheatTime=0.000000
    ! StandbyTxCheatTime=0.000000
    ! BadPingThreshold=0
    ! PercentMissingForRxStandby=0.000000
    ! PercentMissingForTxStandby=0.000000
    ! PercentForBadPing=0.000000
    ! JoinInProgressStandbyWaitTime=0.000000
    ! DefaultGameType=AOC.AOCGame
    ! DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCFFA”,bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType=“AOC.AOCFFA”,AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    ! DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCTUT”,bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType=“AOC.AOCTUT”,AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    ! DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCLTS”,bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType=“AOC.AOCLTS”,AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    ! DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOC”,bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType=“AOC.AOCEntry”,AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    ! DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCKOTH”,bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType=“AOC.AOCKOTH”,AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    ! DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCTO”,bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType=“AOC.AOCTeamObjective”,AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    ! DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCSURV”,bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType=“AOC.AOCSurvival”,AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    ! DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCCTL”,bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType=“AOC.AOCCTL”,AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    ! DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCMOV”,bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType=“AOC.AOCTrailerGame”,AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    ! DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCTD”,bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType=“AOC.AOCTD”,AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    ! DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCCTF”,bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType=“AOC.AOCCTF”,AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    ! DefaultMapPrefixes=(Prefix=“AOCDUEL”,bUsesCommonPackage=False,GameType=“AOC.AOCDUEL”,AdditionalGameTypes=,ForcedObjects=)
    ! AnimTreePoolSize=0

I only want to have FFA maps. Yet I still get TO in stone village when i start out in the server (Yes, of course, I’ve restarted it. Well, more like: stop the server before editing files, and then get it running again.)

• It goes to stoneshill because that is part of the startup command for the server. Not sure where you edit that on your server host.

• I’m not sure if Edge gaming servers lets you edit your own command startup line, but if so, it’s this:

AOCTD-Moor_p?steamsockets -dedicated=true -seekfreeloadingserver -Port=7777 -QueryPort=27015 -multihome=206.217.131.21 -maxplayers=24

All you need to change is the AOCTD-Moor_p (or whatever map it currently is) to the one you want it to start with every time you restart your server.

If you aren’t able to edit it yourself, just contact Edge gaming and let them know you wish to change the starting map to the one you want.

• ooooh, that explains all! I’ll check it and posting a result afterward.

• As a side note to this =SM= run a dedicated 50 slot TO server - however we’ve set our startup command to start the server with moor on FFA.
    Because of the nature of TO they’re not the best to start when it 1-4 players, so if the server is empty a restart puts it into a 1-off game of FFA (which attracts more people) then once we have players the server continues as TO only… we find that a fairly useful trick :-)