Losing a fight bc of stun time?

• Ok so I was winning a duel by a longshot and only needed one more hit to kill the guy. What do you know? I get stunned for 2 sec and he takes his time to get a perfect headshot on me with g mace…cool…So I lost a fight that I was totally winning. When I was stunned, I also had like 30% plus stamina. It’s a joke. At this point, you could not have a legit 1v1 duel tournament with this stupid stun mechanic. I’m sorry, but no duel should be left up to chance. :x Stun time is way too long.

• Don’t lose stamina… Use economy when on the offensive.

• You appeared to be winning, but you lost the stamina war, so you actually lost. Isn’t that the sign of a good game? One that has more than one factor to victory? The health war shouldn’t be the only war in this game. Stamina is a miniature health bar, but you trade off this resource for the ability to use feints, jumps, purposeful misses, parries, and blocks. Would you feel more in control if the stamina bar had a number to it, so you could understand how much stamina was being drained for parrying a strike, and make a choice to eat a hit that won’t hit your head, versus parrying and becoming stunned for a headshot?

The stun time is far too long, I agree, but if TBS nerfs down the time too far slow weapons won’t get the benefit of draining your opponents stamina to nothing. The only change I can see being of benefit are tweaks to how much stamina is drained for performing certain actions, and I do believe TBS are addressing this with the upcoming patch.

• Stamina has way too much of an impact now…it’s replacing skilled factors such as aim, timing, drags…etc. This shouldn’t be the case. Also, didn’t I mention that I had 30 stamina left when I was stunned? Died with PLENTY of stamina left…go figure. It’s silly. Regardless, I still manage to go undefeated (or close to) in ffa based duel servers (fauch/int duels etc.). Hell I don’t even play knight anymore in pubs, for the most part, bc it’s a joke…you get tired of getting 50+ kills every game, trust me. But then to lose bc of 2 sec stun WITH stamina left? Child plz.

• In fact it’s well understood and agreed upon that stamina plays too much of a role now. That’s why stamina drain IS being reduced on every weapon. I’m always aware of how much stamina I have left; but that’s besides the point I’m trying to make…I didn’t run out, I was killed bc of a stun mechanic that lasts an eternity and gives your opponent a guaranteed free hit …see the title?^

• @parkrangerstan:

Stamina has way too much of an impact now…it’s replacing skilled factors such as aim, timing, drags…etc. This shouldn’t be the case. Also, didn’t I mention that I had 30 stamina left when I was stunned? Died with PLENTY of stamina left…go figure. It’s silly. Regardless, I still manage to go undefeated (or close to) in ffa based duel servers (fauch/int duels etc.). Hell I don’t even play knight anymore in pubs, for the most part, bc it’s a joke…you get tired of getting 50+ kills every game, trust me. But then to lose bc of 2 sec stun WITH stamina left? Child plz.

It’s not ‘replacing’ any skills. It’s just another one you’ll have to learn: stamina management

• I understand stamina management >.> I have nearly 1400 hours playing this game,the majority of which has been spent dueling. PLZ READ THE THREAD TITLE….it’s not solely stamina related…IT"S STUN TIME. I was killed bc of a stupidly long stun time with 30-40% stamina remaining. NOTE: It didn’t have to do with stamina. Have I made that clear? It was a huge stun time. The developers already realize that the current stun time is stupid and are already going to reduce the stun time in the next patch…BUT to answer your comment, the developers realize that it isn’t fun running out of stamina so quickly…it has nothing to do with skill, but rather the fact that it detracts from the fun of the game. Two separate subjects anyway. Because of this, they are ALSO reducing the stamina drain that weapons do in the next patch. Personally, I haven’t found stamina drain to be an issue, I’ve worked around it and adapted, plz take note of that bc it doesn’t seem to be sinking in. However, it does feel as if stamina is lost a bit too quickly.

LOL it’s as if you only read the first sentence of my post….wait, did you?

• This is just an observation:
    Its kind funny how when people could force stun on shield users this was ok and it was the shield users fault. Now when anyone can force a stun on anyone else all of a sudden there is this big uproar.

Its not as if the shoe is on the other foot, but the shoe is on both feet :D
    (“OH, he is clever like my shoe”)
    I do hope that TB don’t get too carried away with stuns though because the more control that is taken away from a player the worse a game becomes - showcase: WoW.

• Interesting observation, however I would like to point out that that’s one of the weaknesses of using a shield and the choice of the player to use one(a bad choice btw vs other melee)…which is why shields were never really used in competitive play for the most part. It’s a pretty well known fact in the competitive community shields serve only to block arrows; shield users more often than not are poor melee players. Furthermore, stun time has been increased across the board with the latest patch.(2sec)

Edit: yes, stun time for shield users should be longer anyway bc shields are heavy? AND they have to carry a weapon as well. They don’t have the luxury of devoting both hands/arms to a single weapon (making it easier to carry and manage).

• @parkrangerstan:

Edit: yes, stun time for shield users should be longer anyway bc shields are heavy? AND they have to carry a weapon as well. They don’t have the luxury of devoting both hands/arms to a single weapon (making it easier to carry and manage).

It is because shields are a weight that they are used for blocking and why they are effective at doing so…. /facepalm…
    But your reasoning also applies to those using a 1h weapon, even if they aren’t carrying a shield, they are still only using one hand for that weapon not two.
    -So it follows that those using a two handed weapon should receive a shorter stun bonus?

But then if you are using a shield you can support your weapon with the shield. Example: catch the incoming blow on your weapon edge and use your shield to push on your weapon to help deflect the blow. This is what i’d do if i was exhausted and it’d help me successfully deflect a blow.
    -So maybe shield users shouldn’t suffer any stun from having no stamina?

This is common sense reasoning.

People might complain about 1h weapon users suffering too much from this so make it that they can duel wield 1h weapons and then they also can use both hands for a parry.

• @Magnificent:

Don’t lose stamina… Use economy when on the offensive.

• its broken just like many other things in this god awful patch

stamina manager 2013 gg

• You got stunned, you looked at your stamina, saw you had 30, raged.

Good job. You know you get 30 stam back when you get stunned, right?

• @giantyak:

I do hope that TB don’t get too carried away with stuns though because the more control that is taken away from a player the worse a game becomes - showcase: WoW.

Every mechanic change in the recent patch took away control from the player.

• @Daiyuki:

You got stunned, you looked at your stamina, saw you had 30, raged.

Good job. You know you get 30 stam back when you get stunned, right?

Haha was about to type the same thing.

• @Daiyuki:

… You know you get 30 stam back when you get stunned, right?

Typically I’m too dead to notice.

I just don’t like the way stun has become such a big feature. Imho it’s a cop out and a bad solution to balancing issues; I just can’t imagine that this is what TBS had in mind when they envisaged the fight mechanics.

Don’t get me wrong; stamina adds another dimension to the game but given a choice I’d ditch stun altogether and go for something like progressively reduced abilities. More of a slider than an on/off switch.

• Never considered that. What a great idea - no ridiculous stun time when you get smacked out of stamina - and just have progressively reduced attacking power.

That’d be more fun - because the player would still be in control, youd be suitably punished for running out of stamina - and itd even be more realistic - because obviously running out of breath with weaken you. I cannot imagine anyone complaining about a system like that if it were implemented right, that would work wonders. Yes yes ‘ohh you cant combo when you run out of stamina’. That doesnt weaken you much.

Currently, I feel like the stamina system is a bit weird anyway. Its like a war fought between armies of asthmatics, that are only capable of mild feats of endurance resisting a few blows before requiring an inhaler and basically dying of that, before the inevitable sword swing even connects.

• @Reginhard:

I just don’t like the way stun has become such a big feature……

Don’t get me wrong; stamina adds another dimension to the game but given a choice I’d ditch stun altogether and go for something like progressively reduced abilities. More of a slider than an on/off switch.

This is what i was talking about when i said that ‘i hope TB don’t get too carried away with CC mechanics’. Still I think if you were watching a replay of a duel pre-patch compared to post-patch the post patch duel would look much more realistic. The reason being is that people actually care about their stamina now. Its great seeing people back off because they are exhausted or to see what appeared to be a one-sided fight turn around because ‘going all out’ wasn’t enough to finish the job.

Your idea sounds good, but the penalty still has to be enough to make people manage their stamina to a degree. Your idea just might work.

• @CRUSHED:

its broken just like many other things in this god awful patch

stamina manager 2013 gg

• @Reginhard:

@Daiyuki:

… You know you get 30 stam back when you get stunned, right?

Typically I’m too dead to notice.

I just don’t like the way stun has become such a big feature. Imho it’s a cop out and a bad solution to balancing issues; I just can’t imagine that this is what TBS had in mind when they envisaged the fight mechanics.

There has always been a stun when you’re out of stamina - but when the game shipped it didn’t really accomplish anything. You could continuously parry without stamina and just be repeatedly stun chained and the fight went nowhere. It didn’t give the attacker a huge advantage, but it didn’t give the defender a chance to turn it around either.