Pushing things

• Is pushing carts by standing nearby is intentional gameplay issue or just a temporary until animations is made?
    I guess adding animated pushing for up to 2 players limited would share roles more properly so there won’t be 10 people standing near that cart instead of engaging enemy or defending teammates.
    there would be like “oh those are pushing, lets defend them” and for opposing team it would be like “oh lets kill those 2”.

• They don’t pay much attention to the animations in this, but it’s intentional, yeah.

I’d like to show them physically pushing it while you defend. But for the players pushing, they’d be annoyed.

• Yep, more animations are definitely needed.

• There could be bots pushing the Ram, and when they are killed, another comes to replace him…

• @Jihell:

There could be bots pushing the Ram, and when they are killed, another comes to replace him…

So the attacking team would get NPC support? That doesn’t sound really fair.
    Also the bots aren’t that clever (as far as I have experienced), so it would be quite easy to block them and/or kill them over and over, which would make winning the objective for the attackers almost impossible.

It looks a bit silly the way it is atm, yes, but it works.

• sounds interesting :D
    Making this would bring some more elements in to the game like more teamwork, lets say that knights would cover the pushers with shield, which sounds fun to me :P

• @Pantheon:

@Jihell:

So the attacking team would get NPC support? That doesn’t sound really fair.
    Also the bots aren’t that clever (as far as I have experienced), so it would be quite easy to block them and/or kill them over and over, which would make winning the objective for the attackers almost impossible.

Yes, please. No bots in a pvp game… I always hated this.

• In the alpha you originally pushed pushables by pressing E on one of the handles which locked you to the objective like how using the ram at the gate on Stoneshill does. It was just found to be completely unfun for the person pushing it. Gameplay > realism. Tell me you want to be the guy doing nothing but staring at the side of a ram while your guy pushes it forward at less than a mile an hour while everyone on the enemy team is out to kill you and you can’t defend yourself and I’ll tell you to get yourself checked in to a mental institution.