Cu1 super weapons: what were you thinking

• Spear,claymore,broadsword,norse sword,bearded axe.

these weapons all have the ability to hit trade through ANY combo. not using one of these weapons is essentially gimping yourself.

WHY???
    HOW DID YOU THINK THIS WAS GOOD FOR THE META GAME???
    HOW IS A WEAPON THAT CAN HIT TRADE ON THE VERGE OF THE HUMAN REACTION TIME IMPROVE A SKILL BASED GAME???
    I REITERATE WHAT WERE U THINKING.

questions TB probably wont anwser, what ever there smoking they should hook a brother up

• You forgot daggers.

And hit trading isn’t exactly a great strategy for the player with those weapons.

The claymore is a noob mower.

The spear needs a slight nerf.

The other weapons have their own drawbacks. Range for starters.

• when it comes to high tier 1v1s no 1 does anything other than stab with a claymore, and why should they when a .65 animation seems to be playing in .2-3 seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI-FEGi5 … e=youtu.be

here is 2 people both over 1000 hours dueling, twice it looks like i wind up first and twice i get stab intertupted. This is pretty much what every high tier duel comes down to now. i used to be able to play by reaction, but now if i dont predict .1 seconds in advance im dead.

• @dotamachine:

i used to be able to play by reaction, but now if i dont predict .1 seconds in advance im dead.

Which is why this patch made the game take a turn for a worse.

Really though as stated above, the only hit trading weapon you mentioned is the bearded axe and that’s very situational.

• are u kidding the claymores hit trading stab ability is ludacris, i main bearded axe and i get interrupted by bs insta stabs all day

• Speaking of the Broadsword, anyone else feel like the tracer for stab is bigger than the actual model? Several times I could have sworn that it hit me despite it being clearly out of range.

• Sorry, but for me its sounds just like “I can’t handle fast weapons and thats why I demand a nerf. And if anyone has a different perception it’s because they are stupid.”

I will still argue (and prepare for rage):
    I have seen a lot of people parrying these fast attacks consistently and believe I got quite a good ratio myself when I have a good day. What you are desribing sounds more like a quality error (high latency, lags, desyncs etc.). Might also be the case for some of the “reach issues” (also happens with other weapons than the Broadsword).

If not talking about quality:
    Spears feel too strong in 1on1 engagements especially on short distances. Here Torn Banner should do something as it just feels wrong.
    The Claymore is just a fast twohanded sword. It’s slightly faster than the Sword of War but deals a little bit less damage at a little bit more reach. The only problem I got is that the weapon does not resemble a real Claymore that way as it is closer to a light bastard sword that the heavy twohanded weapon a claymore is supposed to be.
    Broadswords are fast but in no matter too fast. The Norse Sword seems to get this little edge of speed that makes it difficult to handle if wielded by a experienced warrior. Still it doesn’t seem too fast to me.
    The _Bearded Axe_Is short and not nearly as fast as one might think. You can react in time - you can even flinch people using it - if know how to fight it (timings and reach - knowing your enemy also helps).

Maybe its just because I usually don’t fight at point blank (hugging the bubble) but try to keep some distance between me and my enemy but fast attacks are just that for me - fast. Of course they are somewhat harder to defend against but that’s the point, right?

• that video shows the POV player getting stabbed, then upon observing a feint, attacking halfway through the opponents stab windup after blocking at the feint.

• @Mike_Effing_Jones:

that video shows the POV player getting stabbed, then upon observing a feint, attacking halfway through the opponents stab windup after blocking at the feint.

He doesn’t parry once in the video, it shows him getting stabbed once, and then trying to punish the enemies combo feint but can’t because of a 1.1 second flinch time, to which case he eats another stab before he can try to punish a feint he didn’t fall for.
    Though to be fair, the pov player could have used better footwork to not be back pedaling a claymore stab machine.

• if u slow it down both of my windups start before his and both times he interrupts my windup, i was really just trying to elaborate how stupidly fast the claymore stab is and how badly it animates.

• @Evil:

Sorry, but for me its sounds just like “I can’t handle fast weapons and thats why I demand a nerf. And if anyone has a different perception it’s because they are stupid.”

I have seen a lot of people parrying these fast attacks consistently and believe I got quite a good ratio myself when I have a good day. What you are desribing sounds more like a quality error (high latency, lags, desyncs etc.). Might also be the case for some of the “reach issues” (also happens with other weapons than the Broadsword).

Spears feel too strong in 1on1 engagements especially on short distances. Here Torn Banner should do something as it just feels wrong.
    The Claymore is just a fast twohanded sword. It’s slightly faster than the Sword of War but deals a little bit less damage at a little bit more reach. The only problem I got is that the weapon does not resemble a real Claymore that way as it is closer to a light bastard sword that the heavy twohanded weapon a claymore is supposed to be.
    Broadswords are fast but in no matter too fast. The Norse Sword seems to get this little edge of speed that makes it difficult to handle if wielded by a experienced warrior. Still it doesn’t seem too fast to me.
    The _Bearded Axe_Is short and not nearly as fast as one might think. You can react in time - you can even flinch people using it - if know how to fight it (timings and reach - knowing your enemy also helps).

Maybe its just because I usually don’t fight at point blank (hugging the bubble) but try to keep some distance between me and my enemy but fast attacks are just that for me - fast. Of course they are somewhat harder to defend against but that’s the point, right?

there is a huge differnce in playing random noobs and people who practice 10 hours a day. in high tier duels it comes down to 2 things. closing the distance and then feint stabing or hit trading.
    i might record some more duels to show you what i mean, but if u think this game works any other way your an idiot or your fighting >50 ranks

• @Evil:

And if anyone has a different perception it’s because they are stupid."

@dotamachine:

but if u think this game works any other way your an idiot

Thanks for proving my point.

• @Mike_Effing_Jones:

that video shows the POV player getting stabbed, then upon observing a feint, attacking halfway through the opponents stab windup after blocking at the feint.

are you kidding slow it down frame for frame my windup starts before his both times, then he miraculously interrupts my windup in 2 frames.

• @Evil:

@Evil Minion:

And if anyone has a different perception it’s because they are stupid."

@dotamachine:

but if u think this game works any other way your an idiot

Thanks for proving my point.

if you dont think the ability to hit trade through any combo is ridiculous then i dont know what else to call you other than an idiot, or you spend your time dueling panic parrying scrubs. either way your opinion is invalid.

• Spears and daggers.

Far as I’m concerned no other weapon has any reason to exist now. These two weapons are the most superior melee weapons by a country mile.

• @dotamachine:

if u slow it down both of my windups start before his and both times he interrupts my windup, i was really just trying to elaborate how stupidly fast the claymore stab is and how badly it animates.

How can it possibly be the Claymore’s fault when you were using the Claymore as well…?

• @dotamachine:

@Mike_Effing_Jones:

are you kidding slow it down frame for frame my windup starts before his both times, then he miraculously interrupts my windup in 2 frames.

Which brings us to the point : Is the chivalry client realy showing what happens. How much is your opponent ahead of the data send to your screen.How good does the server merge the client side information into a complete picture.

I was allways under the perception that this game can not be played if people have more than a
    20 ping but Higher Ping allways helps the attacker while i am unsure if you even want to have low ping and low package loss.

Back to topic : Yes current combo interuption is bullshit.
    Also today i played maa , had a standart situation, vanguard swings from a little bit to far away , i run in for the kill , perfect timing and he stabs me with the claymore.
    This is like in the old mashinegun stabdagger days, i mean if i get hit by broadsword i can interupt it in the combo but not some legetimit punishing of a claymore noob.

• After watching the video it wouldn’t matter what weapons either of you had.

You were literally as OSS as you could et to each other. Facehugging wih a two hander. Meaning he weapon hits instantly after a windup.

So if you started your attack 0.05 seconds after your opponent does you will get hit and flinched becuase of the distance you two were standing. And its a stab. So the attack literally starts in your body.

It doesn’t matter what weapons you guys were using. You could have been using a zweihander each. Same thing would of happened.

• @sorry_lad:

Speaking of the Broadsword, anyone else feel like the tracer for stab is bigger than the actual model? Several times I could have sworn that it hit me despite it being clearly out of range.

I main MAA these days and this does seem to happen from time to time, but it’s almost always when my opponent is backing up, which leads me to wonder if it has more to do with lag/pings than anything.

• @Evil:

Sorry, but for me its sounds just like “I can’t handle fast weapons and thats why I demand a nerf. And if anyone has a different perception it’s because they are stupid.”

Agreed.

Yeah I don’t have problems parrying any of those. But the new dagger is really hard to parry, idk if its just me.