Greetings from China

• Hello everyone,

I am a Chinese player of Chivalry, just bought this game and fell in love with it.

Many Chinese players play this game on Steam too, and they also love this hack ‘n’ slash game like me.

But there will always be some people troubled by language problems. It’s a pity that this game doesn’t support Chinese.

Me, a community translator / moderator from Steam Translation - Simplified Chinese Team,

[attachment=0:13nfbz6p]SteamTranslation.jpg[/attachment:13nfbz6p]

would be very glad to help you guys translate this game into Simplified Chinese for free, 'cause I’m just lov’in this game.

Here’s my Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/DummyID/

You can just leave your comment here or contact me through Steam.

And please accept my sincere greetings to you.

Look forward to your reply.

Sincerely yours,

Bob

PS: It seems that this game can’t display Non-Latin characters, such as Chinese, Korean and Japanese correctly. Could you guys add Non-Latin fonts for this game?

• @CrazyBob:

I am a Chinese player of Chivalry, just bought this game and fell in love with it.

Snap

I bought this game, and fell in love with a girl from China.

• @gregcau:

@CrazyBob:

Snap

Sounds good.

• +1

A localized version of the game would be great for Chinese players. But even just supporting the Chinese language (i.e., player names and typing in chat) would be do a great service to helping the game retain its popularity in the Chinese market.

Edit: As it stands now, Chinese player names just show up as a bunch of squares. I asked about this last week but didn’t get a response. Cyrillic is supported for names… surely supporting Chinese characters would be as easy as checking off a few boxes here and there???

• @gregcau:

@CrazyBob:

Snap

Is that her in your sig?

• If Chinese characters are showing as squares their encoding system is probably UTF-8. I Know its not ASCII as it supports characters like the trademark character. So if they imported a simplified chinese character set a Chinese translation would definitely be possible.

Send a PM to Kimiko. She’s the community manager.

• @lemonater47:

If Chinese characters are showing as squares their encoding system is probably UTF-8. I Know its not ASCII as it supports characters like the trademark character. So if they imported a simplified chinese character set a Chinese translation would definitely be possible.

Send a PM to Kimiko. She’s the community manager.

Thank you for telling me.

• @adamcel6:

Is that her in your sig?

But of course, she is the best of the sig girls.

• @gregcau:

@adamcel6:

Is that her in your sig?

Glad to know that you both are doing fine :D

• @EricFong:

@gregcau:

@adamcel6:

Is that her in your sig?

Glad to know that you both are doing fine :D

Me too. You must be proud of yourself, having had a role in it.

• Looks like Himiko ignored me or something else, I don’t know. :?

• @CrazyBob:

Looks like Himiko ignored me or something else, I don’t know. :?

You’ve sent messages everywhere. It’s all a matter of getting an answer for you. So please be patient until I can get one for you. I will send you an email when I know more.

Thanks.

• @Kimiko:

@CrazyBob:

Looks like Himiko ignored me or something else, I don’t know. :?

You’ve sent messages everywhere. It’s all a matter of getting an answer for you. So please be patient until I can get one for you. I will send you an email when I know more.

Thanks.

I’d like to apologize for what I’ve done and thank you for taking the time to reply to eliminate my doubts!