Default: Sort Servers by Lowest Ping

• Pretty simple, really. I’m noticing that the server I frequent is being filled with people with 300, 400, and pings upwards of 1 second (1,000 ms). With the influx of new players, it is difficult to kick these massive laggers because half of the new players don’t vote, and the other half don’t think it’s fair to kick someone whose ping is so ridiculous.

It is apparent that these people don’t even know what latency is. Perhaps it would help if the server browser were automatically sorted by ping to begin with? With lowest pings at the top, of course…

• Yes, please. Also include ping alongside team damage and idle time when votekicking.

• @SOC:

Yes, please. Also include ping alongside team damage and idle time when votekicking.

Ah! That is an excellent idea!!

• This is something that really, really needs to be done.

• Too lazy to click a button?

What I would much rather see is some information on the rules the server has (low gravity for example). So annoying when you join a server just to see its not the game you wanted to play…

• It’s not a question of laziness. These noob laggers are too ignorant of ping and its consequences and just join whatever server shows up at the top of their list or something.

• makes sense

and auto check VAC or not since it might filter out custom maps?

• @dudeface:

It’s not a question of laziness. These noob laggers are too ignorant of ping and its consequences and just join whatever server shows up at the top of their list or something.

Good point, I give it a yes then.