CU1 Patch 3 Beta 2

• Here’s the partial patch notes plus info about the Micro Transactions. Rest of the notes will be added once I’ve got them.

Changes/fixes from live:

• Tavern map length reduced to 10 minutes.

• Chase bonus will now activate faster.

• Chase bonus gives ~30% more speed.

• Chase bonus “back” angle increased a bit so you can more effectively chase enemies who aren’t directly ahead of you.

• Stamina drain from successfully parrying attacks slightly reduced.

• Vanguard primary weapon knockback values toned down.

• Two-hander flinch duration down from 1.1 to 1.0.

• Special daze duration down from 2 to 1.8.

• Crossbow projectile speeds are lower, and the difference between light and heavy crossbow is less drastic.

• Corrected Bardiche sprint attack being .15 faster than other sprint attacks.

• Flail overhead windup from .55 to .5.

• Heavy Flail overhead windup from .6 to .55.

• Spear slash windup from .425 to .475.

• Spear stab windup from .575 to .6.

• Brandistock slash windup from .45 to .5.

• Brandistock stab windup from .55 to .6.

• Fixed the attack grunt sound sometimes desyncing and playing after a late feint server-side.

• Fixed several map exploits.

• Fixed flinch disabling dodge if it occurs in an attack windup.

• Fixed counterattacks maintaining a parry box and blocking attacks during your counter.

• Fixed movement slow persisting after canceling a bow draw.

• Fixed crossbow forced reload after being hit.

Fixes from last beta:

• Fixed rebinding primary attack breaking the scoreboard keybind.

• Fixed some broken assets on various maps (missing collision/textures/etc.)

• Fixed missing Norse Sword icon and Falchion model in weapon select.

SDK

• logalways andwarnalways now works

• The dedicated server should support custom gametypes in the CookedSDK directory without needing the gametypes to be referenced by custom maps

Customization

• Fixed broken customization on bots and peasants.

• Fixed broken customization when changing your loadout after respawning (and some other times, such as when being autobalanced).

• Fixed shield customization being client side only.

• Fixed off-center buckler emblems.

• Fixed faction specific emblems (This is currently causing an issue with free-for-all emblems!)

• Renamed community emblems.

• Reduced the prominence of trim for certain tabbard patterns.

• colorblindsim command works in Customization screen

@CrustaceanSoup:

Microtransactions are functional now (it was a server-side fix), it would be great if anyone could test them out and let us know if anything goes wrong.

Micro Transactions: You will notice a lot more about micro transactions right now in this update. Helmets are at 1 cent right now so that you can test everything out. As everything on the beta is for testing purposes only, you will NOT be charged if you attempt to go through with the transaction. You will get a message from Steam thanking you for your purchase and that funds have been deducted, however funds have not really been deducted. If you encounter any issues, please send an email to kimiko@tornbanner.com with the time of your transaction (including your time zone) and Steam ID and we will look into the problem. So please test out the micro transactions at your convenience and let us know in the Beta Feedback forum how it’s working out and any issues you come across.

Everything will reset when this is released to the live game, so you won’t actually own any of the new helmets.

Workshop support is still coming soon.

Known issues:

-Pawns still turn bloody in FFA customization after a while.
    -FFA displays all emblems but the emblems are faction-locked based on your model choice, so they will appear incorrectly.
    -Microtransaction helmets will not show up in a server. Related: In-game customization screen will get stuck at “loading”

• How much will the helmets or whatever cost once released? And I’m presuming this will be in each country’s respective currency?

• I hope you don’t forget our lovely peasant hats :D

• Wow…I was expecting until next week.

• Are there also any bug fixes planned for the full update?

Brandistock stab windup from .55 to .6.

Does this also affect the timinig of the counter attacks?
    If not, then brandi is still broken

• Has anyone succesfully “purchased” any of the new helmets?

Either it loads and just returns to the customisation screen without changing anything or it tells me it had problems connecting to the server.

Any solutions on that problem yet? :P

Gonna restart Steam and try it again.

• @Kimiko:

• Stamina drain from successfully parrying attacks slightly reduced.

• Vanguard primary weapon knockback values toned down.

• Two-hander flinch duration down from 1.1 to 1.0.

• Special daze duration down from 2 to 1.8.

• Crossbow projectile speeds are lower, and the difference between light and heavy crossbow is less drastic.

• Corrected Bardiche sprint attack being .15 faster than other sprint attacks.

• Flail overhead windup from .55 to .5.

• Heavy Flail overhead windup from .6 to .55.

• Spear slash windup from .425 to .475.

• Spear stab windup from .575 to .6.

• Brandistock stab windup from .55 to .6.

Yes, YES !!! I would have liked things like hitbox fix, dragging restriction, parry correction, … But let’s stop dreaming. Thoses changes seem good, anyway. Thank you. I hope they will go live !

• So no fixes with customization I see, in fact it has more bugs then before, now. With the emblems not work right and other things.

• Developer

@TheUndying:

Has anyone succesfully “purchased” any of the new helmets?

Either it loads and just returns to the customisation screen without changing anything or it tells me it had problems connecting to the server.

Any solutions on that problem yet? :P

It doesn’t appear to work. It was working before I merged the changes and built the patch, so I’m assuming it might be because we were testing on the live AppID instead of the beta one. I could be wrong. We’re going to look into it on Monday and hopefully get in a quick fix, since we want to get it testable in the beta ASAP.

@akazi:

So no fixes with customization I see, in fact it has more bugs then before, now. With the emblems not work right and other things.

“partial” patch notes. There were several customization-related fixes. What’s going on with emblems?

• Micro transactions.

Really?

WTF is wrong with you people.

• @CrustaceanSoup:

“partial” patch notes. There were several customization-related fixes. What’s going on with emblems?

This only seems to happen with the “free for all” customization, the emblem names don’t match what the picture is. So I can select anything from “Mason eagle” and down, and it won’t match. So right now the Mason eagle is really a dragon, “Dual fists” are really “Starlight”, and so on. The eight emblems above “Mason eagle” are fine though.
    also for “free for all” customization this is for the clothing design, if I change agatha archer for example to strips, then switch to mason archer and do a different design, then go back to agatha archer, the design will reset to the top of the list, to the default. This also happens with the sheilds, then get reset to the default when changing mason or agatha. All this is for “free for all” customization just so you know. I hope this helped, I tried to explain it the best that I could. :)

Would also be nice if there are more then one type of design, that it would be labeled something like strips1 strips2 and so on. ;)
    One more thing, for the team customization, the Agatha knight doesn’t save when you exit. It just changes everything back to default.

• @Kimiko:

Special daze duration down from 2 to 1.8.

The result of being stunned is either ‘Get hit’ or ‘Get a (30-parry stamina cost) stamina advantage over your opponent’, please just find a better way of punishing poor stamina management instead of trying to salvage this one.

• @CrustaceanSoup:

stuff

Playing in free for all on the beta client, my emblem that I selected did not match what was shown in game. Also, the shields (to my knowledge) are still not showing customization properly to other players. This was just in FFA, I didn’t get to test other game modes.

• All good changes, I like the brandistock how it is though.

Can’t wait to pew pew with the flail! :D

• @TheFunnySide:

Brandistock slash windup from .45 to .5.
    Brandistock stab windup from .55 to .6.

Does this also affect the timinig of the counter attacks?
    If not, then brandi is still broken

Counterattack windups are directly tied to the attack’s regular windup, yes.

I’ll look into what other changes were merged in for this beta and update the notes.

• Why no more sling\staff buffs?

• @BandOfTheHawk:

Why no more sling\staff buffs?

:lolz:

• @BandOfTheHawk:

Why no more sling\staff buffs?

I keep trying to make slings one shot knights but for some reason the change is never approved.

• Purchasing Helmets ATM does not work sire.

[image:3b7e0fvr]http://i.imgur.com/4BxjfeC.jpg[/image:3b7e0fvr]
    When you click on buy this happens**

[image:3b7e0fvr]http://i.imgur.com/2npFGIF.jpg[/image:3b7e0fvr]
    You get this next screen, however you are pumped back to the game’s menu/customization workshop.