Change the heavy flail to a 2 handed flail perhaps?

• I know there isnt a lot of evidence to support major use during medieval times but I think a 2 handed flail would be awesome in this game. You could stretch the handle on the heavy flail to make it more of a staff that you can block with. Then stretch the chain as well.

If you don’t want to do the 2 handed flail I understand. But it would be nice if we could choose the shield that we use, or maybe even just use the handle to block? Also the range on the flail is shorter than the dagger, I brought that up in the balance section too. But I figure its also a suggestion since I am suggesting you raise the range.

• Id like that. Mainly so I could use a flail type weapon without the hideous buckler.

• I like the buckler and flail combo. Makes for a fast whipping class. But the heavy flail seems kind of redundant.

• Rather than replace it could be the third tier of the flail family.

• @lemonater47:

Rather than replace it could be the third tier of the flail family.

Yeah and a whip would be a cool weapon lol

• Never fought with a flail irl, but from experience with other weapons I dont think 2H flails make sense. You wouldnt get more power or control out of it, so why use it 2H?

• @Towe:

Never fought with a flail irl, but from experience with other weapons I dont think 2H flails make sense. You wouldnt get more power or control out of it, so why use it 2H?

Not really. Two-handed flails were, like much of medieval weaponry, farmers’ tools repurposed into weapons. Later on, a much smaller version was developed to be used by knights.

Rngul46pJQY

I think you can get more power out of a two-handed flail, it’s a long staff so you must gain more momentum. If not, then at least you have range if you have one of the longer ones.

[image:q8jgefou]http://www.wulflund.com/img/goods/en/medium/flail_hussite_war_weapon_b.jpg[/image:q8jgefou]
    [image:q8jgefou]http://www.kultofathena.com/images/UZ0503_l.jpg[/image:q8jgefou]
    [image:q8jgefou]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7a/Cep_bojowy_0211.jpg/226px-Cep_bojowy_0211.jpg[/image:q8jgefou]

• Dont you think the broadsword clearly dominates in that video?
    I would say this where just peasants weapons.

None of the arsenals in castles I visted had this as a professional weapon…

@SavageBeatings:

Not really. Two-handed flails were, like much of medieval weaponry, farmers’ tools repurposed into weapons.

There where alot of farmer tools on the field because there where alot of farmers wielding them.
    Professional weapons like the sword or halberd where not just altered farmertools but had a long history of development behind them.

@SavageBeatings:

I think you can get more power out of a two-handed flail, it’s a long staff so you must gain more momentum. If not, then at least you have range if you have one of the longer ones.

Look at your video you dont get more power out of it because you dont swing it like other weapons.
    Your right about the range, but that wouldnt make it viable imo. If you want a longer range you could also increase the chain on a 1H one to some extend.

• @Towe:

Dont you think the broadsword clearly dominates in that video?
    I would say this where just peasants weapons.

None of the arsenals in castles I visted had this as a professional weapon…

@SavageBeatings:

Not really. Two-handed flails were, like much of medieval weaponry, farmers’ tools repurposed into weapons.

There where alot of farmer tools on the field because there where alot of farmers wielding them.
    Professional weapons like the sword or halberd where not just altered farmertools but had a long history of development behind them.

@SavageBeatings:

Look at your video you dont get more power out of it because you dont swing it like other weapons.
    Your right about the range, but that wouldnt make it viable imo. If you want a longer range you could also increase the chain on a 1H one to some extend.

I don’t think you can judge by power through one video, he’s hardly winding up a big swing.

Also I don’t think you can judge what’s a “professional” weapon so easily. There are Billhooks in Chivalry and that was definitely a modified farming tool.

The two handed flail was probably **more **common than the single handed flails we see in Chivalry now.

• @Dr:

I don’t think you can judge by power through one video, he’s hardly winding up a big swing.

Also I don’t think you can judge what’s a “professional” weapon so easily. There are Billhooks in Chivalry and that was definitely a modified farming tool.

The two handed flail was probably **more **common than the single handed flails we see in Chivalry now.

I think winding up a big swing would get the guy in the video killed, but screw the video, they have no real weapons no armor and are not veterans from a medieval battlefield.

But there is an easy way to judge what was a professional weapon back then.
    In europe there are original arsenals from that area left over, showing what was used in armies of professionals back then. As I said Ive not seen the 2H flail in any of those I visited.

I agree that we already have farmer tools in the game, and I think its sad that TB balances stuff like quarterstaff to be on par, but thats no reason to add even more. Now if those where just inferior weapons Id be all for it, but who would use em then?

I also agree that the 2H flail was more common than the 1H since the majority of fighters where just poor peasants. But seriously who wants to play one of those cannonfodder guys?

• @Towe:

But seriously who wants to play one of those cannonfodder guys?

I would. It’d be a challenge.

Ok, well, maybe not. I’d probably give up after a while if the weapon sucks bad and I die all the time because it’s slow and low damaging or whatnot, to make it more realistic instead of balanced. But still, the two-handed flail looks so cool!