So let me get this straight…

• The entire pro scene is up in arms over this new patch, and is fully enjoying “ProMod” which reverts the game back to CU1, giving them back teleporting, unkillable MAA’s, insane feints heightening the luck factor by 500, no anti-facehugging forcing you to turn around 180 degrees to block a falchion or any similar weapon, and stamina so high it is more or less pointless.

If the “pro scene” in this game does well, then I will lose faith in human intelligence.

• Calm down, you’re not being forced to play their mod. In fact, it means most of them are going to leave you alone and play that.
    I’m not quite sure what has you so upset about this.

! are you just jealous they get to have 50 foot long mauls?

• @Bushido:

Calm down, you’re not being forced to play their mod. In fact, it means most of them are going to leave you alone and play that.
    I’m not quite sure what has you so upset about this.

! are you just jealous they get to have 50 foot long mauls?

I’m more like

Every single decision made by promod has been objectively negative compared to RC, other than the ffa duel thing.

• It also reverts the game’s timing elements back to what it was when they spent 500-1000 hours playing the game, only to have the fundamentals changed on them. Also brings back one particular mechanic that was present for an equal amount of time that was then removed. Brings back the dodge attack. Makes the pace of the action faster due to stamina increase. Brings back dancing and other viable play options.

If you put that much time into something and you were very serious about it as a competitive game I imagine you would also want back what you practiced.

Lots of games have ProMods, I think having one makes this game even more legit.

• @quigleyer:

It also reverts the game’s timing elements back to what it was when they spent 500-1000 hours playing the game, only to have the fundamentals changed on them. Also brings back one particular mechanic that was present for an equal amount of time that was then removed. Brings back the dodge attack. Makes the pace of the action faster due to stamina increase. Brings back dancing and other viable play options.

If you put that much time into something and you were very serious about it as a competitive game I imagine you would also want back what you practiced.

Lots of games have ProMods, I think having one makes this game even more legit.

This is the fault of the devs for releasing a patch like once every 2 years, changing things that NEEDED TO BE CHANGED. You have to evolve with the game, assuming new patches make the game more competitive, which they have. It would be like if LoL wasn’t updated in 6 months, and then Riot released a balance patch, and the competitive community was like “bring back the old version, it may have been a worse game but we were used to it waaaaah”

• Pretty much its people who are susceptible to basic human nature.

Everybody naturally thinks that the past is better than it was and that the present is worse than it is. People just don’t like change. Those “pros” struggle to adapt.

• “I’m angry because people want to play the game differently than I do! Insert standard anti-promod insult here.”

“Pfff, these “pros” can’t adapt, unlike me, who cried to get these changes in because I couldn’t adapt to the older playstyle”

“promod is hitler”

Think that covers most of the ani-promod arguments.

/thread

• @Knifelegs:

“Pfff, these “pros” can’t adapt, unlike me, who cried to get these changes in because I couldn’t adapt to the older playstyle”

This.

Also, most people who write stuff like this would get owned both in live and in promod by the same players who dominated the scene since release.
    Or in other words: The top-players rule both in live and in promod. The only difference is that live is not fun to play.

• @theuprising:

Every single decision made by promod has been objectively negative compared to RC, other than the ffa duel thing.

@theuprising:

objectively

[image:mvyutwpj]http://i.imgur.com/lFTCsEr.png[/image:mvyutwpj]

• @afiNity:

@Knifelegs:

This.

Also, most people who write stuff like this would get owned both in live and in promod by the same players who dominated the scene since release.
    Or in other words: The top-players rule both in live and in promod. The only difference is that live is not fun to play.

Live is more of a challenge.

And at the moment what I’ve played of promod its pretty boring. Though I’ve only done promod duels. But everyone I played did the exact same thing. And when I copied them the fights went of forever until one of us ran out of stamina.

That’s what happens when both people in a duel use combo feint to parry.

And they say fights got longer in live.

I like some of the new ideas. Just the game itself is really bad for duels at least.

This is after playing the promod.

• @afiNity:

@Knifelegs:

This.

This nails it.

And live is NOT more challenging lol, thats ridicoulus.

• We have a mod section for discussing mods.

As to throwing insults at those who play it and so on, we have no need for that here.

The mod is optional, simple as.